TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Jacky48 I will get back pay to the day I applied, which is January 2012, so I already have a year saved up. Although the attorney can charge up to $6000, but its okay as long as I get it!

Boy my knee is not very happy with this cold. Really achey, stiff and sore today. Anyone else find the new knee irritated by the cold weather? Hugs!
 
That's really good Gail, at least you won't lose all that!

As far as the cold and the knees, I live in the Northeast and right now we have temps in 30's and in the house right now it's 67*, and my knees don't get bothered by the cold, however I have a lot of a, shall I say, extra shin (a.k.a. Fat) around them! :heehee:
 
Our house is SOOOO cold!! We have tile throughout, so in the winter time its freezing in here. So I think thats why my knee is not happy! Hugs!
 
My knees tend to ache from the cold too. Not as much as pre-surgery, but they do still ache a bit.
 
Happy New Year Gail! I hope 2013 is the best for my #1 recovery buddy and that your knee becomes pain free and you can take those walks on the beach with your hubby! I missed you at the BS New Year's party last night but I made it an early night and did not ring in the New Year. I am now off to a cold morning volunteering at the 5K sponsored by my health club. Catch you later!
 
Haha Lisa, I am not much of a night owl. I have so much fatigue all the time from my health issues that I never stay up too late. I am tired today becuz the neighbors were shooting off fireworks for a while, and I kept waking up. And my hips and knee were really painful too. Hip still giving me grief today, but the knee feels a bit better today.

Really proud of you for working that 5k, even out in the cold like that. Not sure I would have done as well as you did. But hoping your 2013 is great. I hope you reach your weight loss goals, and are able to walk further soon. Thanks for always being there for me. Your the best recovery buddy ever!! xoxo
 
Thanks Gail! I am sorry the neighbors kept you up. They usually wake me up too, but there was nothing going on this year. I just am having faith that this year we will both reach the knee goals we want for ourselves. It may not happen in the timeframe that we want, but I am confident that we will get there together. I am always here for you my friend. :kittykiss: :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Knee is a bit happier today, even though its still cold here. My hubby didn't massage my knee for a couple of nights and I noticed my knee was a bit stiffer. So got him to massaging it again, and it feels better now. I really think stopping PT was a good thing for me. I am less achey than I was, and I can feel the knee responding positively to less PT. I try to make myself walk the stairs normally (some days I can't tho) and have been trying to walk about more. Seems to be helping.
 
I'm glad things are better Gail! So happy you are coming along and things are getting easier.
 
Our house is way too HOT! :hairpulling: I had the thermostat set so that it would be a compromised temp when we are both home, cold for the 2 hours that I'm trying to get ready for work and then hotter than blazes for him during the day, but I lost that battle, he keeps turning it up to 74 and hitting hold, so I just give up and open the bathroom window when I'm getting ready for work in the mornings...it's really nice when it's zero out.
I notice a big difference in the knee with the new parts when it's cold outside. I don't know how to describe it. It doesn't hurt, and it's not uncomfortable, but it certainly is different. It's almost like it's half frozen or something, and since I only had a partial, I only feel the weirdness on one side.
 
Well I had errands to run yesterday, so did just that. I was so busy that I forgot to eat lunch and take mid day pain meds. I bet your expecting me to say, but I did just great! Nope, by the time I got home I was playing catch up with the pain the rest of the night. Reminder to self, don't forget your mid day pain meds. I don't need them so much for the knee (although it does give me a bit of grief still), but for the rest of my body pain. I had to get up twice lastnite to take pain meds. Today I do feel better though. But I learned a good lesson:) It does go to show how much I do need them though.
 
Gail, there was a time where you would not have been out running errands and I bet you never forgot to take your pain meds early on. But I think what happened is a good sign that you have much improved as they say when you start forgetting to take your pain meds it means you are needing them less! So I take this as a good sign! :kittykiss:
 
Haha Lisa....I think you need to go back and re read my message. I did forget my meds, not becuz I didn't need them, but was trying to get things done and get back home. And becuz of me forgetting, I had a BAD night and played catch up all night with the pain. I am back on my pre tkr meds for my chronic pain issues. So I really do need to make sure I am taking them on time or its pretty miserable!

Lastnight was a good example. My hips and low back were hurting so much, I had to get up twice to take additional pain meds. So from now on I will try harder not to miss them. This is the second time I have done that, and suffered both times.

By the way, one of my best friends is going to have a tkr on 1/25/13. I have told her about Bonesmart and told her to read the library becuz it has great info in it. Hugs!
 
Gail, I did not read your message wrong. I meant that as far as your knee goes forgetting to take your pain meds was a good sign. Unfortunately, your other body pain issues aren't fixed by your TKR. I was just talking about it in regards to your knee as there was a time when that hurt you horribly and yesterday it did not and that was a good sign.
 
I understand what you were saying to Gail, Lisa. I have done the same thing. Forgotten to take my mid afternoon pain meds. I was busy and the knee wasn't screaming at me. Sure, I hurt more when I finally remembered, but yes, it is a good sign that you aren't looking at the clock just waiting for that next pain pill.
 
Gail,
I have found that forgetting pain meds during the day almost always leads to playing catch-up and a long night. Yet, I still do it at least once a week. Like you, I get busy and just don't remember to take them, by the time I take them, I am behind the 8-ball with pain!!
Glad I'm not the only silly girl on here!!!!
Sandy
 
Well sadly the knee is not as good as you ladies think:( I still pay for errands becuz of my limp. Trainwreck glad to know I am not the only one. lol
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nanners adventure to the other side
I so admire you and your struggle with a chronic disease that can only be managed and not cured. Then you've got that knee that wants to be a pain off and on. But you always have a cheerful word for the rest of us. I think of you often and you're in my prayers. Take care and keep up the good fight.
 
Thank you Bottomshollow!! Life can be pretty challenging at times, but I will live. Now worried about my little dog Flea! He has been potty trained since he was like 7 weeks old. But he keeps peeing on the floor (thankfully I have tile). He will do #2 where he is supposed to, but peeing where he is not. I wonder if he has a UTI?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom