TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww hugs Shelly!! It is miserable isn't it. I am so thankful I got the flu shot, I do so every year. With my health, its better to be safe than sorry. I hope you get feeling better soon. Remember to rest and take in lots of fluids. But child I don't think you know what rest means:) LOL Aww to be that young again:)
 
Gail, I hope you are feeling better. I don't think you can get a cold from Flea. There are a few things that people can get from cats and dogs but a cold is not one of them! I guess all three of you should be drinking hot tea, honey and lemon! Although Flea probably won't like that concoction so much. Big hug and get well soon! :kittykiss: :puppysmooze:
 
Hot tea seems to be the best med for me. Opens me up some. But I still feel a little rough. Hope tomorrow things improve!
 
I use a vaporizer a lot in the winter and I also use a neti pot in the shower. The neti pot does wonders at breaking up congestion and it is a great preventive. I use it all winter long and then sometimes during allergy season if it gets really bad. We are in a wierd weather spell, really mild then really cold then mild. That tends to wreak havoc with my sinuses. I had a sinus headache all day today and even the neti pot did not help. It got to 65 today and tomorrow it is supposed to be 70!
 
I live in southern Calif and we are having really cold weather. Our weather at this time of year is usually about 65 this time of year. We have been freezing even at the coast. I think that why we have our colds.
 
You're right nanners this is for the birds! And having a cold in this cold weather is so annoying. I'm going to take my cough syrup soon. I want to hurt whoever thought FAKE CHERRY should be flavor of all cold remedies. Gross.
 
Haha Brownie!! I have one that is not cherry tasting, but some other horrid flavor. But....it actually works well! I have to put a mint or something in my mouth afterwards. Bleck!!

I am feeling a little more human today. Not quite as congested or coughing as hard. We had a quiet day here yesterday, I was so achey all over. So its nice to feel a bit more human again. Knee is a bit sore today, but thats probably cuz I was quiet most of the day. Hugs!
 
I live!!! LOL Finally feeling a bit more human. Man colds can really kick your butt. I had to cancel my nail appt 3 times since lastweek. Today is my Mammo, so will have to get up and get out of the house. I think the cold meds were getting to my tender guts. I had really bad guts for the past couple of days, and running to the loo ALOT! Hopefully, I am able to finally get out of the house and do something. Hugs!
 
yippppeeee! it's nice to feel a little better huh? I hate mammos - hope it goes easy for you! xo
 
Yes, I think this country is upsiode down. The folks in the Southwest are freezing and we are in the 60's in the Northeast! I think everyone is feeling it. The crocus in my yard are up! Silly plants.
Glad you are feeling better.
Sandy
 
Yesterday I went out and had my mammo, went to post ofc, picked up some prescriptions and did a brief run to the grocery store. My knee sure was not happy afterwards. I think she was a bit stiff and cranky from me being sick and less active. Feels fine today, thank goodness. Thankfully I am feeling more human now, and will get up and out more now. Hugs!
 
Glad you are finally feeling better, Gail. Colds are simply pure misery.
Anyone who wants some cold can siphon it off the rio grande river valley! We have been in the single digits in the mornings for the past week or more. We had to thaw the washer pipes last night since they had frozen up...as had the set tub in the garage. My poor chickens are having a hard time.
 
Yeah I live in normally sunny Southern California and we had a wierd cold snap the past week or so. I live on the coast, and it got down to freezing here many nights. And my house is all tile (no carpeting) and let me tell you it was super cold. My knee did not like that one bit. I had my puppy's (who is an indoor dog) crate wrapped with two thick blankets. He is a little dog so was so afraid he would get sick. We keep his crate downstairs in the bathroom. So he was well protected and he did well.
 
Nyland, ElanorG, I am tagging you both becuz our surgical dates are fairly close. Wanted to ask you if the cold bothers your new knee at all? I had to go out Tuesday and Wednesday and both days it was really cold here. My knee started hurting soooo bad from the cold. I mean it just ached something fierce. Whats wierd is as soon as I was able to warm my knee up, it felt much better. Just curious if the cold is bothering your new knee? Anyone else reading had issues with the cold, please share. Hugs!
 
Nanners, I never thought much about the cold (I'm in NE Ohio), but ya know, my operated knee HAS been achy-er since we've had a cold snap. We'd had very mild weather (unlike you in SoCal!) then it became more seasonal a couple days ago and my knee has been sorer than it's been in a while; I just figured I was doing something wrong (I've also slacked on my exercises since the holidays). I'll have to monitor this!
 
Hi!
The cold has always bothered both of my knees. Now it only bothers my un-operated knee. Also, I could always feel a storm coming in my knees. Now, only my left knee.
Is it something that you felt better once you were able to warm it. I wonder if the ache was because of tightness? The reason I wonder this, is my PT suggested that I use a heating pad before exercising to loosen things up. The heating pad never seemed to help my tightening, though. The only thing that helps is stretching. Soon we will be in the group that never even remembers that they had knee replacement.
Feel better, my friend!
 
Gail, when it first started getting cold it bothered my knee, but I sat outside on New Year's Day for that 5k registration for about 2 hours and my knee was no col,der than the rest of me. But the dampness seems to make things a little worse in all my joints.
 
It has been a low of 27 here, and my TKR knee is just fine, but my unoperated is giving me fits. Looks like next year or so, I will have to have it replaced also.
 
Hmmm.... It was the same pain both days. Really bad! But soon after I put my knee on the heating pad it eased up. It wasnt tight at all, just ached. Wierd!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom