Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Janet, so, so pleased to have you back.. Regarding the email, it has bounced back from your provider twice today..

When you are better, we will test it.. But happy we can chat here now 
 
Hello Janet,

What fabulous news congratulations on your surgery! It's really really good to hear from you. I missed you.

Sending you lots of love.

xxooxx
 
Oh Janet, you're back!!! I'm so, so happy for you that the hip op went OK this time. You've been through such a lot that it must be so encouraging to be able to post good news. We all missed you terribly when you weren't around, not least because it was hard to express our care for you when we didn't know if you were listening or not - if you see what I mean. Don't think for a moment that you were 'selfish' in taking a break - it's just that we missed you and have been thinking lots about you. It's thrilling now to hear how well you are doing. Take it carefully, now, won't you?

Welcome home!
 
So glad you are back my friend. You have been truly missed! Please don't worry about writing now - rest and recover. The forum will be here when you feel up to it.

Welcome back - and welcome to the other side!
 
Awww, thank you from the bottom of my heart :cry4:...what a wonderful, caring group you are!

I am trully so excited as the OS admitted to the LLD and thinks now that he has lengthened the left leg, he may not have to do anything at all to the right leg, that it may resolve itself.

So, this has been a double blessing and I will think positive from here on. Wouldn't that be just magnificent?

I had my evaluation with the Visiting Nurse this morning and she was amazed at how well I am doing! She was the same supervisor from my first surgery so she remembered the horror story well. Amazing!

The PT evaluation is in 2 hours. Tomorrow I have blood drawn and may need a transfusion...we shall see. Tuesday I need to go to my GP for an appointment and have more labs drawn for my Endochronologist.

@Josephine: what was the name of the cold pack mentioned in another thread? Was it a Polar Cuff? I would like for someone caring for me to see if I would be elegible for one on my insurance. I totally forgot to ask in the hospital and keep using up all my ice faster than the ice maker can make it.

I swear that is why I am so comfy. I am following the drill most importantly, but I really am not in pain at all! Unbelievable!

@Jamie: have I earned another "H" to put next to my avatar?

Thanks again felow hippies.

I will continue to post more as I remember.
 
Hi hon, I replied to your test email, but it just kicked back :)

Xoxoxoxox
 
Janet, it is so wonderful to hear how well you're doing.

There are many brands of the ice machine. I don't think your insurance will limit what brand you get if it covers that type of device. Some of the brands are: Breg Polar Care, Active Ice, AirCast CryoCuff, Donjoy Iceman.....probably even more if you look.

As for the "H" question.....you are given an "H" for each hip that is operated on. So, if you have a revision on the same hip, it's still just one "H." Sorry for any confusion about that.
 
Ok, so I had a replacement and a revision on my right hip 2 years ago and now a hip replacement on my left hip 2 weeks ago. So, 2 "H"'s! Right?
 
Well, yes.....if you've had both hips operated on. I was going by your signature that only indicates the right hip. I actually thought this last surgery was a revision on the hip that has been giving you so much trouble (that was fractured). So....it wasn't? And it was on the other hip?
 
Okay.....and I'll change the "H"s now that I know you have TWO bionic hips! I'll do it as soon as I get the correct date from your new signature.
 
And...there's your new "H"!!!
 
Janet, Sorry to highjack your thread, but Jamie could I please get a 'H' instead of a 'K' please.. lots of love to both of you xoxoxox @Jamie:
 
OF COURSE!!! I'd much rather change your icon than make you go in for a TKR....:hysterical:
 
Wow, you are quick - superwoman... Just popped over to my own thread to post and there is my H..... Thank you Jamie xxxxxxx boy, I have just clicked over 1800 posts, thrilled 

@Jamie:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom