Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

I agree with Jamie, yes its important you keep mobile but just regular wee walks and stretches only to the uncomfortable stage. Now come on I'm the only numpty in this site.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well one things for sure. The knee did not bend in the water. I found it quite hard so I only did moves I felt capable of. When I came out of the water my leg didn't feel great but I had taken it easy. Got changed and since then I've felt sick and shaky. I've eaten, I've had fluids. My knee has not enjoyed today but I'm in charge of it. D sister and bro in law coming here within the hour to join us for a few days xxx
 
take care of yourself.
 
hello @Nana moon 27
Hope you get the chance to rest, rest, rest, and ice, ice, ice. it is a shame that the water did not help your knee, it was my wishful thinking. Have a good few days with your relatives x
 
Hello my friend. Checking in on you... Oh so how the water will help eventually. It's will get better. Do ya have instructor? We had bath seats in the pool... Was nice till she start fiddling with knee.

Hope ya have good time with family... Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Well it's very strange. Yes the aquacise upset my knee. However I've been out each day with my sis in law and bro in law and pushed the walking even though my gait is not right, it's very peg legged. However through pushing myself, icing and elevating, I walked for the best part of two hours today. Yes I was a bit uncomfortable, the knee was hot and quite hard and swollen. I iced elevated and then I managed a short walk around the caravan site later this afternoon. It took about 15 minutes and I was ok when I got in. Again I elevated and iced. I've rested since.

There is a market on tomorrow and I'm going to attempt that x I come home tomorrow evening x will catch up on Tuesday XX
 
Awwwwweee that's great. Glad u able to rest ice elevate. Xxx have fun. ❤️


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Good to hear you're getting out and doing things. Enjoy the rest of your break.
 
Ann have you tried Biofreeze? I understand it's really good for joint pain. I don't know the medical opinion of it though, so if any of our experts are out there tonight or tomorrow, I'd be grateful for their views.
 
I just don't understand at all!!! This morning came a breakthrough. I sat on the side of the bed with my legs dangling down at the side. I managed to bring my foot back a few inches bending my knee. I shouted hubby he was so pleased. Then as the days gone on it won't bend, it's feeling irritated and very swollen inside. Elevated and rested. Iced as well.

Knees are weird xxx
 
Hi I know this sounds weird but I do bend knee under shower with it running warm over knee it is soothing and over time I think has helped but not while unsteady on feet for sure also when I did hydro our exercises were so gentle and water was very warm


20/01/2015
 
D asked if he could feel my knee. He said it feels like a mass of swollen hard lumps and bumps. I said I'll ask the physio on Friday.

Had severe probs today. Struggled to get in and out of car. Struggled to walk struggled round shop. Totally fed up. Glad I stayed on here for couple more days though x home on Thursday latest Physio (pm) and hydro (am) on Friday x

I'm hoping the hydro will help free it a bit more. I really don't like the thought of an MUA. @Homeport thanks for the suggestion.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hello Ann...Just catching up on your recovery. I'm glad you are coming along well. You have the most positive attitude so, I know you are going to make a full recovery and look back on this time and still be thankful for it all!!!!:thumb:

I know how frustrating it is when the knee swells and gives one fits!! I have feeling you are going to be just fine soon ..some of us are slow healers and that's ok too!!!!

I went to the pool for the first time a few weeks ago and was able to swim. I couldn't believe it! Nothing hurt and I could do it....It's was exciting! I hope you are swimming soon and the swelling goes away quickly. You know all the tricks at what you need to do and I'm so proud of you for hanging in here and getting the help you need so you can recover the right way!!

Here's to you having more fantastic days out and about!!! :prayer:
 
I just don't understand at all!!! Knees are weird xxx

I agree with that - why a warm shower works but a warm swimming pool doesn't ..... who knows?

My question of the moment is whether very flexible joints caused me to break my foot dramatically when falling just two steps??

Important to have answers but I tend to raise another question ...more questions that answers! Hope you are settling back to home. ( whoops not home yet!)
Take care
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom