Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

I had to get requip and it's helped me. It's call rompinrole. But it's low dose. And my legs dont twitch. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
how can an OS make a judgement like that?
Because they are well educated doctors and do see quite a bit of this themselves.
mine and said it was a bit of a funny colour and a touch angry looking. It's purply red and gets warm after the walks but when I ice and elevate then it settles down.
It turned out the spasms were caused by restless leg syndrome.
Both those things can be characteristic of #CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know this sounds crazy, but try putting a new bar of soap in your bed down by your feet. I had restless leg syndrome really bad tonight and remembered this old wives tale and it worked!! Better than taking another medication! Try it @Nana moon 27..it just might work for you, too.
 
Even if the soap trick doesn't work for you, at least it will do no harm.
 
Spoke to elder daughter the letter definitely states RSD. Once one of them remembers to photograph the letter I'll post it on here minus personal details XX

Will try the soap trick in a few hours when I go to bed. After all nothing to lose XX
 
Hey Ann. Hope all is well. Sorry for diagnosis. Don't know what it is. But sorry. I hope your doing well. :spin:I know sometimes we go crazy not having answers. Hope your alright. Xxx Hang in there.
 
Spoke to elder daughter the letter definitely states RSD. Once one of them remembers to photograph the letter I'll post it on here minus personal details XX
A photograph of the letter would be good, if you can manage it. When you post it, it would be a good idea to tag Josephine, for her opinion.

Without context, it's hard for anyone to guess what is meant by RSD.

I can only guess that the condition of your knee that was discovered at surgery influenced your doctors to think you would have a slow recovery.
 
Hi Ann - I just popped in to check how you're doing. Sorry to see that you're still having problems. These knees of ours have a lot to answer for!

On a different note - I've been eating wheat-free for the last couple of weeks (to cut carbs) and I've been gob-smacked to find that my energy levels have increased amazingly! I didn't expect that! I looked up 'wheat and energy' to investigate and find that it's fairly well-known - well not by me obviously. I used to have to have a nap every afternoon and now I don't even WANT a nap. It's so good and I'm feeling amazing! A tip worth knowing for anyone who's feeling drained!

I haven't read all the recent posts, but I think you'll find that RSD is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. I haven't understood the context in your posts, but can read back.
 
Hi Ann,
Popping in to see how you are. I'm glad your doing some what good. But most important your staying positive. This leg stuff is enough to drive a person crazy lol. It's annoying to me. Things with you have been up/down but you manage to alswsys stay happy.

When I read all your post it shows how much you been though. And no matter what you face you alswsys stay positive. That great teachings to me patinance lol.

Sorry hear about your bend. I'm in the same boat. Oh so agervating. And this rls is awful. Usually evening starts jumping. Like know when it's time for bed. Anyways I try bar soap and hub slept some. Not me. He says my gosh can't you set still. Like a ant.


Enough about me. Hope your resting and having a nice time. Alswsys great to get away. Xx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @Josephine @Celle @Pumpkln and all...
This is part of the letter. It clearly says he thinks I may be developing minor RSD. Sorry it's so small but there was that much personal info on there I had to cut it down xxx
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodness Ann, I haven't been on the site for a while as we were away in Sussex in our van, so I wasn't aware you were having problems, I'm so sorry and hope that it all gets sorted very quickly. I'm sure the hydrotherapy should help you, I know it was what really got my knees moving properly after each TKR. Can you start to use the pool on your caravan site? Try to get hold of a 'noodle' and an arm band for your ankle - both pieces of equipment really helped with my exercises.
It sounds as if you are being very positive about it all, well done, you are coping well with yet another difficult time.
 
Hi Ann. Bless your heart. I hope it all works for you. Xxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Ann,
Sounds like your OS is trying to stay on top of things. His saying possible RSD is actually good news, if in fact RSD is starting, you will catch it early and have an excellent chance for full recovery. When RSD aka #CRPS is diagnosed late the symptoms can be very hard to resolve. Keep walking and use your leg, best thing you can do right now.
 
Yes I'm walking twice a day, everyday. I can't walk far or stand for too long but I make myself do stuff even when I'm uncomfortable but not to the point of aaaarrrgghh though! And @Pumpk1n thank you for the advice and reassurance. I so appreciate it. Yes it does sound like he's trying to keep on top of things. He's told me to continue with the home physiotherapist and also the hydrotherapy. The hydro starts on 24 th this month.

Love Nana moon 27 XX
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you feel better soon. Hoping your vacation is all you want it to be !!! Let us know how you're doing when you return.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee


Hope your doing well. I know this all is a lot to take it. But we are here with you. Glad your walking. And doing he what you can. But limiting to point of being in agony.

Xxx❤️


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I can't walk far or stand for too long but I make myself do stuff even when I'm uncomfortable but not to the point of aaaarrrgghh though!
Ann, please be careful with this. You are a mere 6 weeks out from your difficult surgery. You shouldn't be "making" yourself do things that are painful to any degree....much less to the "aaaarrrgghh" stage. If you are experiencing pain and swelling with your knee, then I suggest you not force anything and cut those walks in half. Walking down six caravans means you also walk six back. I don't know how far that is, but it sounds to me like it could be quite a ways.....and twice a day???? Better to do a little less if you're hurting.

When I was at your stage, my "walks" consisted of up and down in front of the house once every other day. Remember that you do other walking around the house (even if it's small, you are getting up and down).
 
❤️ hugs my friend. Hope your taking it easy.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Haven,t we changed a couple of years ago would not have imagined sharing stories and scars with other in the caravan site or at the bus stop lol. sorry to here another potential blip. Hope it all turns out okay x
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom