Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Ann. I am so sorry for you problems. I hope and pray that you can get down answers soon. I know it can be frustrating. Hang in there. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Nana moon 27 I hope you're having a better day Wednesday. Although I love to swim, last year I found kicking difficult. This summer kicking is much easier and fluent. I think it all just takes time.
 
BTW Ann I forgot to tell you that I had the twitchy leg syndrome thing going on too...It was so bad I hadn't slept in a month... I was recommended to take
Calcium and Magnesium 2x per day...I have slept so great since the 1st day I took them!!!! My legs haven't twitched once!!!
 
Today the knee has been stiff and achy but I still went for a short walk and to one shop. Not easy but did it. I also walked up the small hill on the caravan site, up to my friends caravan, had a cup of tea and then walked slowly down the hill again. I couldn't do that at all when I first got here over a week ago! That's a massive improvement. The gait isn't good or the bend but at least I got out independently. Tomorrow I'm going to aquacise again. On the night I have to go home. I have appointments on Friday.

Hubby is very concerned about the return of the twitching. Apparently my op leg twitched and lifted so high in the air last night it shook my whole body. I've promised i try to see the GP when we get back. He will have to come with me to explain. He said he's noticed it starts the minute I start to relax

Thanks for the lovely support and encouragement. I really do appreciate it. Thank you xxx
 
I am glad you can see some of the positives i.e. that you could walk up the little hill which you could not do a week ago Well done, you will get there!!
The twitching must be very tiring for your body even if you do not know that you are doing it in the night. @suzzee2000 mentioned Calcium and magnesium for twitching . I started that last week as it is supposed to "support" bone healing `as well. Who knows?


Hope your journey home is uneventful and that you manage to avoid the rush hour around Birmingham. Take care.
 
Yay for your progress. Going uphill is difficult at first.
 
So glad that you have been out and about independently Ann, it does wonders for your self confidence to know that you can do it. I'm sure you remember the number of times I thought I 'was there', only to have to go back to the physio, or to have to ice, elevate and rest. Just take things slowly and don't overdo things and I'm sure you will be fine.
 
You have improved bit by bit and now you can certainly see it and it sounds really good to me. You are walking up and down hills, aquacising, shopping, getting out independently - its all good stuff Anne! So pleased for you.
 
Home at last. Went to aquacise knee is sulking but it'll have to get on with it. See PT in morning re hydrotherapy and home physio in afternoon. Will post properly tomorrow. I'm so very tired. Thanks for all the lovely positive support. Yes I've achieved quite a bit this last ten days x x x (at last!!!) xxx
 
Hi my friend Ann @Nana moon 27, you really have been through the mill and back. So sorry that you are having the stiff knee issues. Hopefully things will start loosening up. Hope everything turns out peaches and cram and you won't have to do a MUA. Do take good care of yourself and know good thoughts and well wishes are coming your way!! :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Looks like it's a physio appointment this morning not hydro. Soon find out. Maybe they're going to assess me first. This is a totally different hospital. It's a bit closer to home.

Will post later.
 
Hi Ann, Can you fill me in on the status of both knees. I dont get on bonesmart nearly as much , much less type anything. So i recall you had one knee done early last year but you had complications, however you had a revision ? Im i correct. Was it a success ? Than if im correct , you had the other knee done . What is the status with that ? I see that you had that one replaced nearly 2 months ago. How is that knee, coming along. I hope well ! You have had it rough but i hope things turn out well. Be patient on number 2, its early yet. My knee feels and performs great. Im very happy ,however its sore after a 20 mile bike ride the other day. Hope you do great and the family is well, best wishes, Iceman
 
I've been asked to do a brief update on both knees.

January 2014 RTKR
June, Steroid injections and fluid removal (aspiration) from RTKR
September 2014 Revision on RTKR

May, 2015 LTKR

I hope that this makes sense @icep707. Wow, a 20 mile bike ride is awesome. Good for you. You worked very hard to get where you have. Yes, my family are ok thanks. I hope yours are ok too. Thank you for dropping by.

Okay today went very well. I was assessed by the head physio at this other hospital. Anyway good news...my bend has gone from 45 degrees to 70 degrees...woohoo!!!! Unfortunately my straighten is a paltry -20 degrees which means it's permanently bent at that angle, boo!!!

The assessment was fabulous. He went through everything, measured my knee, checked my walk with the sticks and gave me some tips to improve my gait that actually work, the lot!

He showed me around the hydrotherapy pool. My real good luck it's closed for deep cleaning next week until Thursday. My appointments on Friday. Brilliant.

He has also given me some more advanced exercises to do too with a strict warning if it hurts too much don't do it. I showed him the letter off the OS, where it mentioned RDS. He's noted all this stuff down.

He was impressed with my scar and asked if I massaged it. I said yes why? He said the scar is nice and loose. My main problem is the knee is very tight. The quads despite all the daily exercise, walking and aquafit are still weak. I'm really looking to this hydrotherapy. It's starting next Friday.

Please take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Unfortunately my straighten is a paltry -20 degrees which means it's permanently bent at that angle, boo!!!
Ann, you are only 2 months out from a very difficult surgery. You have plenty of time to improve both extension and flex with your knee. Patience.....patience. It will come. Remember, there is no "window of opportunity."
 
Thanks @Jamie

I think my patience is out on a limb (scuse the pun!!). I think because I'd had such a long recovery with the last this and it are merging into one.

You're right....patience is key x
 
You are so early in recovery, you have plenty of time to improve your extension, look how your flexion improved.
Here are some extension exercises, again if it hurts don't do them.
Extension: exercises for improvement
Use the weight of your patience at the end of your limb to help with extension :heehee:.
 
Oooooh @Pumpkln you are funny :heehee: Lovely play on words! I will give the exercises a go. The worst of the pain is around the front of my knee. All round there is very tender to the touch. I'm so pleased about my flexion. Tbh I was very relieved!

Thanks for the help

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Ann you are doing well but as with most of us you needed that professional rubber stamping. Have a grand weekend lass that will be doing the can can before you know it.

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom