TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Also, Ann.....remember that you never "have" to undergo an MUA. You have final approval for any procedures that are done. Once things are completely explained to you, if you prefer to go another route (such as work on your ROM yourself for a while longer), you most certainly have that option. I hope you can put this out of your mind and just enjoy your time away. It will be an excellent opportunity to take things at a slower pace and smile more.
 
Aaaargghhh daughter just phoned. There was a letter off the OS of which a copy has been sent to my GP.

There is RST? on the knee and if no better in two months I have to undergo an MUA.

Anyone know what RST is please? Xxx
Could it mean RSI repetitive strain injury ?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hydro does really help I had ten sessions and was so nice I. Water four of us and our pt
I managed to have first fall today went flying out of the door and ended up falling on the side of operated knee plus bad bruises and scrapes to elbows getting clumsier by the minute
Get results of hip and spine X-rays next week
Have lovely holiday ann
Hugggs xx


20/01/2015
 
Hi Ann. How are you doing. I'm thinking of you. I hate your going through this. You can make it. Xxxx
Hope your trip is going well.

Hydro really does help!!! In a way it relaxes you::: xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I'm going to ask daughter to photograph the letter and email it to me . I'm going to try and improve the movement as best I can, while I'm here.

I'm doing a walk every day and my pt exercises.

I've also improved my diet too and I'm starting to feel better already

Anyway, thanks for your help everyone

@Homeport I cringed when I read about your fall (scary stuff) you're so brave xxx
 
Btw. The internet signal is very hit and miss here. So I have trouble getting access sometimes.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, cannot possibly be meaning you may need to have an MUA.. even though you have the ultimate decision to say yes or no I know you just do not want to hear about that either way. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that you will not need that at all. Enjoy yourself in Wales. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I know this not knowing for sure gets the, negative imagination firing like the cannons at the queens birthday but just likenthose cannons at the moment none of those worries has a real foundation until younsee the letter lass. But right attitude doing exercises and altering diet. Here hoping you dindnthe internet laylines

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Jamie and all

I would not consider an MUA so early. However no matter what I do this knee does not bend. Once I can get into the water next week then I will know what's what.

Anyway I was warned this was going to be a slow recovery before I left the hospital by the registrar.

Thanks for the support. Will try and pop on later xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
I agree with Jamie, you're only 6 weeks out so have plenty of time to get improvement.

It's RSD which stands for reflex sympathetic dystrophy, being one of a myriad of early clinical diagnoses that eventually were combined into the general term of #CRPS Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS or RSD)

I would really encourage you not to think of this as a catastrophic thing, Ann. For one thing he only thinks it is that, another, it takes quite a lot of testing and specialist (neuro or pain management doc) assessment to confirm it and finally, there are so many levels of this condition, you could be on any one of them - or none of them!

One thing you want to do right now is go easy on the exercising and activity as, if it IS RSD, that can aggravate the condition very, very easily.
 
It would be the pain clinic tondiagnose that and there are many tests they do on you. I had 3 people involved I'm surprised if a knee surgeon had depth of knowledge in that field.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Also after my specific PT its important to maintain movement as this affects joints.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Josephine

Thank you for getting in touch with me I so appreciate it. Also thanks for the information.

I'm doing some short walks, morning and afternoon, using my two crutches, up and down about six caravans and back. It's completely level surface.

I've developed a bit of a thick skin with all of this now. When proper tests are done, to confirm or deny RSD, then I'll take heed. I need to get to 12-16 week mark and see how everything is then. As @Legin said how can an OS make a judgement like that?

The OS recommended I do some gentle exercises at the local pool and has referred me for hydrotherapy.

A lady down the site here has had both her knees done. She looked at mine and said it was a bit of a funny colour and a touch angry looking. It's purply red and gets warm after the walks but when I ice and elevate then it settles down. I do still get quite a bit of uncomfortable pain.

I'm still waiting for one of them to photo that letter. It will probably be tomorrow now xxx

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi Celle and Josephine

No he didn't explain why this was going to be a slow recovery. It was his registrar at my bedside in hospital that warned me. I wasn't in any fit state to ask anything when he came round to see me. I'd had these terrible spasms that made me cry out and felt like the joint was being pulled in two. It turned out the spasms were caused by restless leg syndrome. Or at least that's what they put the spasms down to. When I got the bad twitch it triggered off these unbearable spasms, the length of my quad into the joint which as I said felt like it was being pulled apart. It was very scary. They put me on quinine that helped at first but the twitching has starting to return.

When I go home, I'll see what the GP says about the twitching. He was most unhappy the hospital had put me on quinine. He didn't want to renew the prescription but I said the hospital recommended it for the RLS.

Sorry for the long post
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ann,
There are other medications for restless leg syndrome, ask your GP about them. Hope you get some answers when you are at home.
 
Oh thank you for that @pumpk1n. Yes I will go see him. I don't like this twitching. I've had this since I had my other knee done. It was worse after the revision XX
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom