TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

I don't know how I managed this but I woke up yelling in pain! Somehow I'd rolled on to my good side, put a pillow the length of my legs but had fallen asleep in a twist. My shoulders were face down on the bed, my lower half completely on it's side. My knee was murder because it was no longer elevated properly. Yet oh dear my back! lucky hubby was up here and helped me sort myself out.

Yes the lightning was really bad. Was relieved when it passed over. Mind you it freshened the air up.

Very tired. Knee hurting. Need top Up meds. I'm very hungry too.

Anyway I know this is off topic and I'm sorry but Happy 4th July to all our friends across the pond. Have a fabulous day xxx
 
Maybe you should get a knee pillow @Nana moon 27 ... it straps onto your leg, so when you roll over it doesn't come undone. I have never used one, but it looks comfortable and I have read that others have used them. It is worth a try. Nothing like waking from a sound sleep in excruciating pain. So sorry.
 
Oh Bless your heart. It seems ya just keep having mishaps. I am right with ya. Last night went house lights was out cause storm. So walking slow every one sleep. Step on cat it lays in odd places. So drop flash light one crutch went fly and fell into table. I said what next. I'm so cat use crutches and hold anything lol... Hub awake and said what happond I sat cat stretching in floor in dark. He said we need a cage for it or let it out. So I get bathroom and well lights came on. But hub waited to help me get back to the bed. Meds and ice and did not sleep.
Sorry blab on thread.

But I am glad that your hub was there to help. Means a lot. I know it hurts them to do it. Cuz there the ones who need the help lol. There helping us we appreciate it. But it's not good enough for us. Lord knows mine don't clean. I have ocd and wow it's a nightmare the house. Clean yes but at same time he has it cluster. I said u know why u are sneeze. He said allergies I said no dust. So use the duster and spray. He look walk away. I said men. There lazy till they want or need. Then there nice. Oops there i go again.

So did I hear you mention you would be seeing pT this week and OS? I know if it was my OS he be proud of u being able to do steps and walk as u been. Cuz I know as u mentioned it was rough. And that Pt got some adapters. Which was great. Pt in ky is all about goal and pay. It seems your doing better this time around. And each day more is commimg to ya.But I know you can do it. It's rough but you can do it.

What kind floor you have at ya house? If it fuzzy carpet never mind Reason I ask is I use a roll office chair that lifts, to help me do some simple stuff so i don't have stand on feet. Like dishes or wipe stuff down. And I've even swept in it when hub half did it lol.

My mom told me the recovery I'm facing has challenges. But it olny makes better for successfull future. And I believe that can be the case for you... We all face challenges,but it will all be worth it in the end.

Hope ya have a safe holiday!!! Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Thanks for the 4th shout out! It's a gorgeous day here in PA. I was able to get out and swim my laps before picnic and fireworks tonight! Don't work too hard getting ready for your trip. You be the director of what goes where!
 
Hi @KarriB

It's sounds like you had a wonderful time. It would be nice if someone opened a thread in the social room for 4th July pictures.

@Angel1978 I wouldn't dare have one of those office rolling chairs, I'd be too busy being silly on it up and down the hallway on the laminate flooring. I'd probably use my crutches as a paddle to push myself. I'm such a kid at heart. It's a great idea though. I have carpet in the living room and tiles and laminate flooring in the kitchen.

The knee isn't too bad today. The rest yesterday did it a lot of good. I went to bed again and that definitely helps. I slept with it elevated and iced until the ice melted in the ice pack. I took the elevation pillows down for a while, fell asleep briefly. When I woke up my knee was twisted again, so I got the elevation cushions back.

Have taken meds. They're kicking in pretty hard so I think when I'm in Wales it's a good opportunity to reduce dosage.

Take care
Love Ann x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Your twisted sleeping position night before last sounds agony. Hope last night was a bit better? I am looking forward to you going to Tywyn so that I can enjoy it by proxy! Take care
 
@Nana moon 27 here are two photos of our beautiful city. I live about 25 minutes from Pittsburgh, Pa. We are known as Three Rivers because the Monongahela a River and the Allegheny River come together to form the Ohio River. I live about a 1/4 mile from the banks of the Ohio River (not sure what that it is kilometers). Lots of people drive into town for fireworks.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
    image.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 204
  • [Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ya glad your doing good. Xxx things been ok.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Great news! You will get there, just keep positive as much as you can. Xxx
 
How are things going? When is Wales and is the PT better now?
You sound good!
 
Hi I'm doing okay except for a massive energy drain. I'm going to Wales tomorrow night. I have OS and a meeting with the hospital PT. I've not been discharged from the home one yet, so I will see what he says.

I pulled another very soft stitch which was sticking out of the bottom of the scar last night. It was semi dissolved. Now that come out the bottom of the scar looks a nice healthy colour xxx instead of red x xx
 
Have a lovely time in Wales. Where are you going? My friends have just come back from Tenby and really loved it, said it is a beautiful part of Wales.
 
Hi @Raffs, Tywyn in Gwynedd, actually between Bryncrug (a little village) and Tywyn.

I'm hoping all goes ok tomorrow with the OS and hospital PT. As long as they are happy I will be going. I'm praying I have a good day tomorrow.i still have a problem bending the knee. The pain is definitely diminishing. Although it has moments when it's dreadful. In the main I'm improving slowly xxx
 
Hey Nana them stitches is a pain. They made me crazy.
Just wishing you good luck on the trip. And the discharge of home Pt.
I know what you mean on the knees. Sometimes I wish it was all over with. Seems each day is Something new.
I pray for safe travels for you tommrow. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Good luck lass, you are going forward try not to worry too much I know easier said than done. Take care

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Best wishes for your appointments today. I will be thinking of you
 
Best wishes for today Ann, - for your appointments and for your journey.

If you have time, please let us know what your OS said. Don't let the PT hurt you!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom