Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Hi @karol723

Thanks ever so much for the tip. They are always welcome. I was very lucky/unlucky? to have one after surgery, while the OS was checking me over. Long story short he prescribed quinine tablets. They've worked wonders for my restless legs. I've also been told that if you drink Schweppes Canada Dry Tonic water, that also contains quinine.

It's lovely you dropped in.

Whoops forgot you press send button earlier..sorry x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Just caught up with your thread - what great progress. Isn't it complicated, one minute dire problems with the physio then good times with grandchildren, then wonderful development by week 4 , all in the pathway to a "normal life". You are really getting there. x
 
I'm not jinxing myself. I'm pleased so far. There are still some minor issues but it is early days yet. I'm seeing the OS next week in the 7th xxx
 
Hey Nana hope all is well with ya. Just setting and being bored while leg is in air fill tiered of it lol.

Anyways how was your day and what is the weather like in ya area. Ours is rainy dreary and cold to me.

Have ya had any special treatments today? I did son made me some chicken dumpling. He learned it from school. I was shocked. He is 15 and has autism. Wow!!!

Have ya had any new accomplishments today?

Lots love Angel


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @Angel1978

Had a very restless night here. It was a hot day yesterday. I was a bit down last night and hubby said come on I'll take you a drive out for 10 mins. Oh what a struggle. He helped me down the nasty garden steps and I slowly hobbled down the path, through the gate to hubby's van. That's when the problem started. I got my backside up in to the seat, grabbing at whatever I could, ok fine but I had to manipulate my foot and leg to get it in there as the leg does not bend very well.

When we got back. I still had the problem of getting back out. Oh did it ever hurt. My leg had kind of set where it was. Hubby helped me out of the van, guided me to the back gate. I hobbled back up the path. Too much too soon. Now I'm in pain x too early for reg meds so I will take my breakthrough med.

Catch you later x x
 
I'm ok today. Bit tired. Own fault for trying it. Pain is under control. We will have to make sure we get car back for next week off our daughter, for the trip to the hospital xxx thanks for popping in @chestnc x
 
Such a shame what should have been relief from cabin fever was so sore. Dont et it get you down and move as much as you can, regularly, or that locked feeling will only get worse.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh nana I'm sorry. U know when I got in van. I took my good leg under knee and used it. I still have do it. But it does help. It keep me from bend. Or I took a stretchy sheet. Put in foot and helped. It's hard getting in vehicle for me at 4 months.

Pain sucks I know. It's a nightmare. But least you wiz able to get out for a few. Relaxes you till u know ya have to get out lol. That was my case. Anyway I hope that you was able to get some rest and relief.

It's was cool in Ky and stormed. Yikes thunder I jumped lol. Hope you have a better day today!!! Xxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I'm sore there is a way to cheat the knee lol... I know I did. And I still do. Back on them crutches. Heck I was doing lot less this recovery and know. Anyways your thread. Was the view nice while you was out? My cheat is always the one where my kids act silly and do it. But don't let it get u down. The bend will come. If u rush it you make u self be in agony. Be kind to u knee. As I said some where. The knee is like a rebellious teen. And when both knee is act up its like jelious twins not getting there way lol. Lots love. Hope u have a good day. Xxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@nana moon27...sounds like you had a busy day. Even getting out for a small ride can take the wind right out of your sails. Keep your chin up...you are really doing well for just four weeks out. It gets better and better as the weeks fly by.
 
@Angel1978

Oh you made me smile referring to the both knees as jealous twins...excellent :heehee:
Thanks everyone for your kind wishes.

Right today the PT came. She felt round my knee. She moved it around a bit and could see I was a bit sore. She's set me some new exercises to do. She got me to do the bit of leg raise I can. I told her the hospital PT wants to see me next week but she hasn't discharged me yet. I will tell them this at the hospital. She's got me doing gentler exercises at the sink and is pleased with how I get up the stairs. It's just the coming down.

Hubby asked her if I could travel to Wales next week. She said she could not see why not as long as I was on the back seat with my legs stretched in front of me. She also stressed about the need to stop every half hour and get me to walk around. Then continue for another 30 mins. Then stop and walk again. Hubby was really pleased but I feel apprehensive. Very apprehensive. Part of me would love to go but I'm always so tired and don't know whether I can face the journey. The attraction for me is the fresh air and I sleep very well because it's so quiet. I just don't know xx
 
How long is the drive to Wales? I'd go! Change of scenery is a good thing.

Very happy your PT is going so well!
 
Hi @tigz

The journey is approx two and a half to three hours. It scares me a bit the thought of the travelling. However,this could be a touch of nerves kicking in. Our caravan is perfect for recovery. Every thing on one level. Even the shower is a sit down one. I have a lot of friends on the site. Last year I was dog walking with them and that was nice. I get regular texts off the couple in the caravan next to ours. Her husband has been keeping the grass tidy around it. She phones me every week to see how I'm doing. Also my friend who lives in North Wales really wants to see me. It would be ideal if I was there as she can come down on the train or drive.

I honestly don't know. I have a 40 minute journey to the hospital next week to see the OS. That will give me an idea about how well I could possibly travel. We are getting our car back off our daughter on Monday night so we can travel up to the hospital in it.

Anyway, meds have kicked in and I'm rambling on, sorry about that. Please take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Good idea to wait to see how the doctor's appointment goes! My longest ride has been a couple of trips to the house I grew up in to clean it out....an hour away. I was chauffeured both times, and sat I the back seat and iced. One hour was just long enough to me.


How you get some good sleep!
 
Hi Nana great news on Pt. I would wait on travel. However when I had go some where I loaded seat with pillows. Xxxx to ya.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
I just read about your 10 min drive in the van. Isn't it ridiculous that, what should have a quick change of scenery with a well intentioned hubby, can go pear shaped. You sound so happy in the caravan with everyone around you, I hope it can be worked out. Do remind your self that you are only 4 weeks out and do what is right for you. Good night!
 
Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders. I don't remember if there are steps, but the shower would work.
 
How is the tonic water working for your legs? My nurse suggested it for my tight calves. Curious to see if you're see improvement.

I agree, a change of scenery can do so much! Have fun!
 
Hi @mimi_frog, whilst I was in hospital the OS prescribed quinine tablets. I can't run the risk of drinking tonic water and upsetting the balance. Oh what a relief to my legs. Truly amazing.

@KarriB there are three steps up on to the decking to access the caravan but there is a full hand rail either side. Other than that everything is on one level.

It's the thought of the journey.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom