Guest viewing is limited

TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

@Nana moon 27 See how things are but I'm sure the change of scenery will do you good. I know what you mean about the thought of the journey, l did a similar trip 2 years ago when l was about as 5 weeks post ltkr op, wasn't at all sure l'd be able to manage it but all was well, and l had a lovely time.
 
Go to Wales, Ann! You can do it. The change of scenery and an easier life in the caravan will do you good.

I did 4-hour trip in our car at 4 weeks after surgery. We did stop about every hour for me to walk and stretch a little - that meant that the journey ended up taking 6 hours. I took a chilly bin (cooler box) full of frozen ice packs, so that I could ice my knee all the way. I made sure my pain relief medications were taken on time - and that I had enough for the entire time I was going to be away.

I started off sitting on the back seat with my legs along the seat, but I soon found that I was more comfortable in the front seat. John moved the front seat back as far as it would go. I got in and then he piled up pillows under my leg, so that it was elevated.

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Ann the journey may be uncomfortable but you have a good network of friends there and right now whilst tiring distraction is as good as any pill.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I've had a very good day with my knee today. The pain is lessening, it is not as hot. I managed the stairs three times today. Now I'm leaving them alone. I'm so pleased I am beginning to master them and the pain is lessening on the way down which was a big issue to me only last week!!!! I still have to have help with my crutches being carried up and down but that's all. I used the rails to manage myself. Independence here I come!!!

Very true all. I'm going to go. We are going to travel late night so I'll have had my meds and hopefully doze most of the way.

If this reduction in pain keeps up that will be wonderful x I'm feeling better again. Feel pleasantly tired tonight x

Mom and dad came today. Instead of cussing my stairs as usual, she actually said the new handrail has made all the difference.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ann,
Have a wonderful vacation in Wales, getting away will do you a world of good.
 
It sounds like your bonesmart friends have made the decision for you!! If you don't go we will fly you there!! Enjoy!!
 
Just for you and your shiney new(ish) knee!
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
 
I'm glad you decided to go. :-) I hope it's a very restful trip complete with lots of icing and elevating. :-D

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
I'm so glad you have decided to go, it will do you the world of good. I had trips away as soon as I could after both knees and I know my recoveries were all the better because of them. We are off to Sussex for a week in our tourer this weekend, I'll think of you in your van. Have a wonderful time xxx.
 
Hey @Nana moon 27 I am so glad that you decided to go. And I hope the pain is not too bad for you so you can enjoy it. No worrying is allowed LOL. It will do you some good to get out of the house I know I was crazy.

I hope your medicines do make ya doze. Just load the backseat up with lots of pillows LOL. I know it's comfortable for me when I had to body pillows one under each leg. Then one near my behind.

I don't know the area that you're living in. I've never heard of the place that you're going to visit. What is it and what is it going to be like?

You go girl you go girl you go girl you go girl you go girl on the steps success. It makes me feel better and I know it makes you feel better that we all can share recovery stories and we can get applauded on the good that we do. I have said before, the things that we succeed during her recovery, may seem small to others but huge to us. I know what I had to got my mom stairs I couldn't do it for the longest time but when I was able to I was acting like a idiot who won millian bucks LOL.

Or somebody who don't know what we're going through, they will never have any idea until it is done to them. Xxxxx lots love.







FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope ya doing all right. I been a mess lol. Ya getting antsy about trip? Don't be nervous. It will be relief.

FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you should go! It will be great for you to be somewhere else for a little while! Yay!
 
I'm in the ODIC tonight. Own fault. In bedroom upstairs icing and elevating.

Trying to clean this evening, too vigorously in bedroom. Bending, stretching, trying to lift and move stuff without my crutches. Totally stupid. Hubby vacuumed for me though. No excuses, I was sick of the sight of the clutter that had been dumped in there needlessly. So I thought well, no one else is going to do it. It's doing my head in the most so I'll fix it. I will not do this again. It is not worth it.

Please any of the new members, it seriously isn't worth it. You have to try to get back on top of pain that was lessening. I'm praying these meds work. It feels a touch better since I elevated and iced. All I have to do now is relax.

Have taken pain meds and some cereal to stop me being sick. The wind is blowing throughout the bedroom window right in to me and it's so lovely. It's been a very humid day here today.

The sooner I go to Wales the better. It's planned for Tuesday night. I'm seeing the OS and hospital physio that day.

Take care

Nana moon 27 x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club! Think we all decide we can do things that turn out to be a 'step too far'. I'm suffering tonight from that too! Doing the same as you, ice and elevation.
Had a real humdinger of a storm here tonight too! ODIC
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom