TKR Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee

Oh dear I think I missed a birthday! I hope it was a very happy one Ann. xx

Or, is it today? If so - Happy Birthday New Knee Girl!:yay::spin::walking::heehee:
 
I hope you have had a good day today on your Birthday. Sending you good wishes
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
I am not keeping up with things so a Belated Happy Birthday XX

May the coming 12 months be the best - lots of recovery, back to "normal" and lots of happiness XX
 
I had a nice birthday although my knee decided it was going to complain. I rested it and today it's been much better.

Today I've taken it easy again and it's easing even better. My eldest daughter surprised me this afternoon and came and cooked Sunday dinner x oh it was lovely x

My other daughter and my grandchildren came and that was nice. They commented in how well I'm walking with my crutches. They said I'm standing more upright now xx I've been practising that weird stick/robotic walk the physio showed me. I think it's helping. I'm also trying to take a slightly longer stride but have to be careful.

I'm enjoying the fact that I can potter around the house and do light housework. If my knee hurts badly then I go ice elevate and rest. If I feel okay after, I will resume whatever I was doing or just leave it if I think it's too much.

Chat soon
Love Nana moon xxx
 
Hey Ann. Lovely that your family is there to help.
I know what ya mean on knee complain lol. Mine complains so much that I just have set.
I remember the robot walk.
I'm glad you had good bday.
So awesome your walking around. Just be careful. I know ya say you ice and elivate. Just still early days.

Xxxx so proud of you!!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Ah thanks @Angel1978

This is half my trouble I forget how early this recovery is in. I am Just four weeks and it feels like four months!!!
Thing is my progress is slow and steady. Have been up and downstairs once today. I pottered Around the house tidying until daughter and granddaughter came and took over the cleaning. Then daughter cooked us dinner. Lovely. I did a bit of relaxation and fell asleep. Not for long but enough to recharge self.

I'm hoping and praying that you get better soon too x night night xxx
 
Thanks. It's 7:38 pm. I know in such short times does seem longer. You will make it. Got faith in ya. Xxxx I'm good. Thanks for the concern. Get some sleep!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Update...Four weeks post op...

Hooray, I'm off to a very good start this morning. I started my exercises after a couple of days rest and I managed a seated, partial knee raise. It was uncomfortable but not omg. I just did five stairs independently. Up and down. I left my crutches at the bottom where I could reach them easily. Did the weight bearing sink exercise where you place the weight as evenly as you can on each leg and move side to side as if on a ship in a stormy sea. I did the stick walk thing. Now I'm sitting elevating feeling pretty pleased with myself.

I still have a problem with the bend but today held on to my crutches at the bottom of the stair. Managed to lift leg up onto first step. I gently leant my knee forward until I felt resistance. I did this twice. The second time it wasn't pleasant so I stopped. I'm so pleased.

I'm feeling so much more positive again. That definitely helps with the recovery.

I think my physio is coming for her last visit on July 2nd. Then on the 7th, I'm seeing the OS and immediately after the hospital PT for further assessment. The 7th will be my first day out of the house. It's going to seem strange. However, I'm looking forward to the escape x
 
Good morning Ann, that sounds like a great 4 week report. Keep up the good work!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Nana Moon's Shiny New Second Knee
 
:wowspring:What a positive report. Recovery and a new life are on the horizon now. It won't be long if you continue making progress like today but remember slowly, slowly does it. Make sure that you don't overdo it and join the ODIC club. I am pleased for you :SUNsmile:
 
I just wish this bend problem would sort itself out, then I'd be ecstatic x but I'm grateful for small mercies
Thank you for lovely support xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 you sound terrific!!! I am so glad that you had a good bit of exercise this morning.

I was thinking about the exercise as I hobbled out of bed and started to walk this morning to get ready for work. And then I thought ok don't think about the next six months - AIM for New Years Eve...... So that is going to be my goal. Rest and relax, ice and elevate, and don't worry about anything and just aim for that day!!! I know it will be a bit rough - between my patience hanging in there and being bored and wanting to do things. But I am going to just look forward and know that this too shall pass. My grandson's first birthday is 8/29 at a park so I am sure THAT will be my first fun outing - it will be about 6 weeks after my surgery..... Of course this will all be peppered with me working from home - but my goal will be to do what I have to do and the rest can just wait!!

Do you have any fun events coming up that you can look forward to??
 
Hi @iivesfam5

Yes my annual holiday with the grandchildren and my friends husbands 50th birthday. They're holding it at the caravan site where our is. They are my neighbours and good friends. They have been keeping the grass mowed and tidy up there as we can't go up for a while longer yet. It's too long a journey.

It's a very good idea to have a goal or motivator and yours is a very sensible and realist one xxx well done x
 
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay you!!!! See I knew you could do it. Don't give up know!!!& The Bend will come. I'm almost 4 months and lack good bend....

Speaking of small victory after revision I went to pt and was able start on bike 5 min when left at 4 weeks could go 15. That is big to me. I could not do it.

I have FaItH in you. I'm rooting for ya!!! You will get there. You like me we want it done know lol!!!

Xxxx Have a good day!!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
A great 4 week report Ann, you are doing so well. Don't worry about the bend, it really will come. Look back over my thread, I just kept on overdoing it and then I couldn't bend for a week again, but it just comes when the knee is ready. Just keep moving it gently but don't force it, believe me I learned the hard way!
 
Hi, Don't know if you're still having those spasms, but if you are I found that placing an oice pack under my knee helped a lot. I always got them when trying to relax, no fun!!! Good luck with your recovery!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom