Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

Happy Tuesday @allena
Hope all is getting green your way:flwrysmile:
 
Spring.glorious spring!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My recovery thread.
    IMG_20190430_195053_497.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 223
More spring flowers
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My recovery thread.
    IMG_20190425_173107_833.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 226
Irises
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My recovery thread.
    IMG_20190501_123544_044.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 203
Oooh so pretty! Thanks for sharing, allena
I can't wait to plant some flowers in containers. :flwrysmile: :happydance:
Happy Wednesday!
@allena
 
you're welcome.I hope it's soon.I hope you're day is good too.It'a been good so far.
 
nome of those flowers are mine.I do have some potted plants though.
 
I have a question.I have noticed the area on my leg where the scar is is now sunk in a inch or two less that the surrounding area.it's like there's a little valley on my leg.why did that happen and is it permanent?I can deal with that-I just want to know.I was not expecting that to happen.I don't think it's anything bad,but it sure is ugly.
 
You're funny, allena :heehee:
I think the incision area can have some indentations for quite some time,
then it seems it level out and the scar fades to a thin white line.
You're only 6 months post op on Sunday, with some time to go until healing is complete.I'd give it time.

Since I have your attention...Happy Six Month Anniversary!
Can you believe it will be half a year already?
I hope you have a lovely Spring weekend.
@allena
 
Thanks for the information.I'm glad i made you laugh.The scar itches sometimes too.I'm not surprised-i figure once it heals fully the itching will stop.I am not trying to hurry the healing process-it takes as long as it takes.
Thanks.Yes,I can.I have a big scar to remind me and I feel much better.I never forget I had the surgery done,but it's in a good way.i hope you have a good weekend too.It's supposed to be rainy one day,but that's ok.
 
Do you apply any lotion or creme to the incision area, allena?
Many do. I did, myself, but not with any real regularity.
I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E and liked it.
Some use Bio-Oil which I tried also, but I'm not a fan only because I don't like oily stuff on my hands, or skin.
At this point you could use any type of lotion (that's not heavily perfumed) as it may help with the itching.
Mojo used regular Coconut Oil and liked it.
At least worth a try...
@allena
 
I did not know lotion would help.I'll try that.I don't like oily stuff on my skin either.I have sensative skin so I'm careful what I use.I didn't realize that heavily scented lotion was bad for scars.
Thanks for the advice:)
 
@allena my grandson and husband have very sensitive skin also. We use Aveeno oatmeal lotion which is hypoallergenic and very lightweight. Walmart has their own under the Equate brand which works just as well.
 
Thanks for the information. Generic is fine with me.i often use baby lotion.it doesn't bother my skin.
 
Hi. I switched from E45 cream to Aveeno oatmeal body cream and it is very good. Works on my neck too and fairly inexpensive.. it helped calm the itching.
 
Aveeno is another great one, @SurreyGirl
I've heard the E45 mentioned here before, not sure if we have that this side of the pond.
I'm going to google it now...I'm curious.

Edit...Yes, Amazon carries it as well as Walmart (large chain retailer for those in UK and unfamiliar) Looks unfamiliar to me though, I've never noticed it while out shopping.
 
Back
Top Bottom