TKR My new knee

[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
report, pegleg. Great flexion numbers! So glad you had the opportunity to get out to eat---a change of pace and scenery is always good for the spirit. Have you stood on your new knee yet? And if so, how was it?


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] My new knee
 
WooHoo! Way to go, Andrew!
And it sounds like you have a winner of a physical therapist!

I must be hungry, that noodle soup is sounding good! :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
report, pegleg. Great flexion numbers! So glad you had the opportunity to get out to eat---a change of pace and scenery is always good for the spirit. Have you stood on your new knee yet? And if so, how was it?


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] My new knee
No weight yet but looking forward to the day I can, Love noodle soup and it was so nice been out with my wife Agnes. this is my website if you would like to see a picture of my wife and more inofmation about me www.andrewbuckley.us.

I have kept my weight off and hope to lose some more when I can walk. My pt said i was doing so well due to haveing a positive mind.
 
Andrew, I really enjoyed your blog. Your wife is just lovely---you lucky fellow! And gosh, you've just been everywhere. But I guess this new knee has been the longest trip ever for you, and it's still not over. I agree with your PT---a positive attitude can take you just about anywhere you want to go. I myself an a cockeyed optimist!
 
Hi all,
Just a quick update, I have been to PT again to day did the bike backwards the first time i did it it was painfull and had to peddle about 5 turns before i got one complet turn, But this time i could do it stirght away so was happy with that. Also did wall slides and bending with a roll.

I drove myself with the weather been so nice +13 today but back to snow on thursday. I dont get much pain or swelling after my pt more stiffness then pain.

I am just so HAPPY with my Knee and I know it was the right thing to do, some people said i should not do it in case it made me worse but I new it was right for me to have the TKR. :dancy: :spin:
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
Nice update, Andrew! You'll be getting that pedal around forward before you know it. Good that PT does not cause pain or swelling. The stiffness is with us for a long time. And you drove----boy that makes one feel really independent and like they're really getting somewhere. I have always believed you made a good decision to get this done, and I am just so happy for you that things are coming along so well.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] My new knee
 
Andrew, I really enjoyed your blog. Your wife is just lovely---you lucky fellow! And gosh, you've just been everywhere. But I guess this new knee has been the longest trip ever for you, and it's still not over. I agree with your PT---a positive attitude can take you just about anywhere you want to go. I myself an a cockeyed optimist!
Just think about the places I will be able to go now and not in pain from sitting with a pegleg
 
Just brought a ex bike from kijji will help with recovery the only reason is that i cant peddle forward is I am still no weight bearing, but once i can there will be no stopping me.
 
I am 13 wks and if I do too much will still get tight. Some days are worse then others. Not near as bad as before and it gets better every week. You are still very early and it will take more time. Very normal from what I have read and experienced.
 
Hi all,
I thought it was time for an update. I am around 120rom and I go to see the os on the 9th April. I am not suffering any pain or swelling even after pt.

The weather as turned cold here in Calgary and they have given out snow for Sunday Monday and Tuesday but thats life.

I tend to keep myself busy on the computer and my ham radio and catching up on a sify programe called Farscap and the walking dead. I still get very tired after a short amout of activity like going to PT then I need to rest and sleep for an hour or so.

Anyway thats all for now will update you after I have seen the OS

pegleg aka Andrew
 
Dear Mr.PegLeg

I am so happy to read about your story. Would you mind answering some inquiries from a co-pegleg?
I have a knee fusion for 17 years now. I have been dreaming of reversing it for sometime now since I am suffering from back and hip aches as you may be able to relate. I would like to know more about your story.

Sincerely
Lexis
 
Dear Mr.PegLeg

I am so happy to read about your story. Would you mind answering some inquiries from a co-pegleg?
I have a knee fusion for 17 years now. I have been dreaming of reversing it for sometime now since I am suffering from back and hip aches as you may be able to relate. I would like to know more about your story.

Sincerely
Lexis
Yes you can ask me anything you would like to know
pegleg
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
Hi! Andrew, great update. Things just seem to continue on an upward path for you. When do you think you can become weigh bearing?

Wish I could send you some southern US sun and warm temps. We're having some much needed rain today, but things will turn sunny and warmer tomorrow. It's really springtime here with everything blooming and leafing out and yellow pollen all over everything.

Take care and keep us updated. We care. [Bonesmart.org] My new knee
 
HI ALL GUESs WHAT I CAN PUT WEIGHT THROUGH THE KNEE NOW.

Going to pt 3 times a week rom gone down to 106 from 116 don't know why but i think it will come back again.

No pain when walking it feels soooooooooooooooo good just a bit of stiffness after resting no swelling.

:happydance: :yay: :spin: :dancy: :yahoo:
pegleg
 
No weight yet but looking forward to the day I can, Love noodle soup and it was so nice been out with my wife Agnes. this is my website if you would like to see a picture of my wife and more inofmation about me www.andrewbuckley.us.

I have kept my weight off and hope to lose some more when I can walk. My pt said i was doing so well due to haveing a positive mind.
You have a beautiful wife Andrew!
 
Back
Top Bottom