Guest viewing is limited

TKR My new knee

I have a similar pain, but that is about all I can offer. Mine started at about 2-3 weeks post surgery. I am using a firm ball to massage the tender area and it seems to help some.
 
Hi all,

I am trying to find information about having a pin your leg effects your back. And the amounts of time that it would take to cause issues.

Pegleg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
pegleg,
Welcome back, sorry to hear you are still facing challenges.
Having a fused knee will effect your gait, and could cause back problems. How soon, would be different for everyone. You can have symptom free back problems for years, then it finally gets to a point where your back lets you know it is in trouble.
A quick search of PubMed only had immediate outcomes after knee arthrodesis, you need a deep search.
If you have a medical school in Calgary, go to the medical library and talk to a librarian about helping you research this topic.
 
Oh gosh, pegleg, that's a bit like asking the proverbial "how long is a piece of string" question! It could depend upon many things and indeed, may not even be directly connected to the pin in your leg. It could very easily be because of the altered gait. In any case, I do recommend you visit a good chiropractor as whatever the cause is, s/he would be able to make it better for you.
 
I am trying to find information about having a pin your leg effects your back.
What sort of a pin, @pegleg ? Do you have any pictures of X-rays, so we can see what you mean?

I read your previous threads and I can't get a clear history of what happened. It's not clear in your signature which knee had what surgery. Have you had surgery to both knees, or just one?

I see that you have both arthritis and disc degeneration in your spine. I don't think either of those would be caused by metal in your leg, but they could well be the cause of your back pain. I agree with Josephine's advice, to see a chiropractor.

For what it's worth, my mother had a huge metal rod inserted inside the length of her femur after sustaining a nasty spiral fracture. It gave her no problems at all.
 
Hi! Did you end up having the fusion reversal? Last I remember, you were having a tissue expanded in hopes of getting a reversal...can you update?
 
@wanttoride ..... Audrey, pegleg did have his fusion revised. Check out the thread that Pumpkln provided for you in the post above.
 
Wow!!! I just read the thread and now my mind is filled with "could I do this?"... My "savior", Dr. Kelly, is no longer in the state, so I am seeing a new surgeon on June 12th. Im discussing with him the status of my "good" knee, which is now medial bone-on-bone.
Im worried that with the fusion, which can sometimes be painful in the shin area (they don't know why) how I will manage having a TKR on this knee. Because of the RSD/CRPS, Dr. Kelly told me to avoid a TKR at all costs. However, the pain is there and I wear a medial "unloaded" brace to get some relief. Im only 55, and I can't imagine not having this surgery at some point.
Oh... I forgot to mention I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis a few months ago. They have yet to find something I can take that does mot make me sick, or make me lethargic for days.
I think this appointment with the new surgeon is going to be interesting at best. Lots to talk about. He will he my second opinion, and depending on what he says, I may seek a third. Like Ive always said, "seek several opinions before making a decision". I hope Pegleg will respond.
 
How is your #CRPS Audrey? Has it settled down at all?
 
Hi all what do you all think of the following report.
Sorry I have not around but life changes and we have moved back to the UK from Canada been having some pain in the knee this is the xray report
 
Last edited:
@pegleg .... did you intend to attach a report or image to your post?
 
Hi all what do you all think of the following report.
Sorry I have not around but life changes and we have moved back to the UK from Canada been having some pain in the knee this is the xray report
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My new knee
    20200108_203531.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 155
Thanks. Have you met with an orthopedic surgeon to discuss the report? If not, that would be a good next step. It is good that no loosening was seen by the radiologist, but sometimes it can be missed. Do you have the image itself you can post?
 
Dear pegleg

How do you feel the fused knee all these years ? In term of daily living, walking, sitting, sleeping and so on.

I may need a knee fusion soon, so anxious.
 
Back
Top Bottom