Guest viewing is limited

TKR My new knee

Very impressive hardware there, Andrew.
Is it second nature to you now to sit with your knee bent? Wondering how quickly you adapted to the new normal.
 
Hi All,
Here are the xrays of my new knee what do you think ?????
Amazing! I am so happy for you! What an inspiration you will be to others who are wondering if they can have their fusions reversed!:happydance:
 
Very impressive hardware there, Andrew.
Is it second nature to you now to sit with your knee bent? Wondering how quickly you adapted to the new normal.
No some times I stil seat with it up not thinking it will bend then it comes to me to sit with it bent it feels so good having both feet on the floor.The best so far is going the toilet and been in comfort and not suffering the pain of the stright leg also getting in and out of the car so good.
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
they mean more than most of us realize. So, so pleased for you, Pegleg.
Keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
 
It's those little things we take for granted that are the best, aren't they?! :)
I never knew how hard it was to get in the car with a straight leg until I wasn't able to bend it enough after surgery.
 
I wanted to put a quick note about pain, yes the first two days after the surgery where very painfull and then most of the pain was coverd by meds The tissue expander was more painfull from day one of the injection to about 6 days after, just in time for the next injection this been way more painfull then the surgery as pain killers would not work.
At the moment I feel real good and looking forward to pt on the 15th March and also puting weight through my new knee.
Pegleg
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
Good to know that your pain has been well managed by the meds since surgery. Gosh, I can't wait to hear about your PT session and finally trying to stand on your new knee!

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] My new knee
 
Hi Josephine,

I have noticed that I am losing the straighting of my leg I can bend it not too bad but when I come to straighten it I have pain across the knee and unable to straighten is this normal
Pegleg
 
I'll tag Josephine so that she will see your post.
 
Stretches might help, they did me. Check the link in my sig for pix of one.
 
Straighten it how? In normal flexion (bending) or at the side?
And where is the pain when you try to straighten it? Front. back, sides?
 
Straighten it how? In normal flexion (bending) or at the side?
And where is the pain when you try to straighten it? Front. back, sides?
When i am siting on the beb doing my rom I get to about 100 but when I try to straighten the leg to 0 I cant do it moves up a bit thane i get pain on the right side of the knee and it will go to about 15 and not 0

have you seen the xray pics of my new knee
pegleg
 
Hi all,
Feel good today but getting sick of been in bed, I start pt on the 15th and looking forward to it been working on bending the knee and stright legs lifts. I think I am around 105 may be more. Will update more after PT
Pegleg
 
:tantrum: I fell on the stairs last night good job Agnes was with me, Put some weight through the operated leg but not much dont think I did any harm no pain in the TKR but I think after 6 weeks the bones should be able to take a bit of weight.

Hurt my back and right arm tho other then that all seems fine just dont fancy going up and down the stars, its playing on my mind a bit. :tantrum:
 
Hi all,
Went for PT today rom was 97 and 110 after feels real good he did not push me and told me when i feal the pain just starting then stop.

I then went out for noodle soup with my wife and then back home. I thought that i would have some pain or sweelling but nothing just a bit of stiffness. I wish there was a spell checker on this forum.
 
That is a very good post! Excellent report! Is n't nice to go out and about and have a bite to eat? It is a big deal---part of a step toward normalcy!
 
Back
Top Bottom