TKR My new knee

I am so impressed with your progress! Audrey, aka, wanttoride, is having so much pain with her fusion, and I hope she sees this! You are doing super! :happydance:
 
I am so impressed with your progress! Audrey, aka, wanttoride, is having so much pain with her fusion, and I hope she sees this! You are doing super! :happydance:
Sent a couple of pm's to Audrey but no reply was wondering how she was doing if you talk to her send my love and tell Audrey she is in my prayers.
 
One small step for mankind one big step for pegleg walked up the stairs just holding the hand rail and using both legs as normal.
 
Gues who broke his toe me, put my crutchs down then turned and kicked them broke my middle toe ouch.
 
Hi Andrew, wonderful to read you're doing so well. But ouch for your toe. Take care.
 
Ouch. Please take care of the broken toe. Please keep us informed on how you are doing. Take care. Tashia
 
Ouch, hope the broken toe is healing nicely.
Guess you are not used to that foot being in the way, huh?! :)
It didn't move around so much before so you always knew where it was.

Sounds like you are doing fantastically great. Good for you!
Keep letting us know how you are doing, ok?!
 
Dear Mr. Pegleg Andrew,

Thank you very much for the pictures. I have tears of joy seeing your reversed knee!! You are such an inspiration. Do you have time to write and describe the procedure?
 
Dear Mr. Pegleg Andrew,

Thank you very much for the pictures. I have tears of joy seeing your reversed knee!! You are such an inspiration. Do you have time to write and describe the procedure?

OK here we go the first part of the procedure was to have a tissue expander fitted to the left leg where the knee would have been. The reason for this is to stretch all the soft tissues so when the knee was fitted it would have enough slack to bend.

The tissue expander was toped up every week until it could not take any more liquid which was about 450m. The filling of the tissue expander was the most painful part of having the knee rebuilt, You just got on top of the pain then it was time for the next injection, don’t bother taken pain meds for this they don’t work.

After six or so months it was time to have the TKR done which was a lot less painful the having the bag filled. I did have one problem with the bone splitting and this put me back three months due to been no weight bearing.

Today I have around a 110 ROM no pain and I have gone from two crutches down to one crutch and now using a Cain and yes I don’t regret having it done, its real good and so far as help with my mobility problems in a big way
pegleg
 
Hi all I am doing well not much pain and going to pt 3 times a week.
it was the best thing i did having the knee done.
pegleg
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
What more can I possibly say, Andrew? I am so happy that this turned out so well for you and that you are happy with the results. God is great and life is good.

Take care and keep us updated. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
 
Hi all doing well and os and pt are pleased with me rom goes up and down from 98 to 110 and back again.
pt said that this is normal for a TKR.
 
Good to hear from you, pegleg.
 
Back
Top Bottom