Guest viewing is limited

TKR My new knee

That's really impressive. Toronto has some great rehab available, judging by the care my dad's gotten (though thankfully nothing orthopedic). And the weather's better than Calgary, too. So sorry you can't do weight-bearing. Once you're cleared for getting into the water, maybe you can do pool therapy. Weightless! Great for both strengthening and range of motion.
If you feel comfortable sharing exactly where you are in TO, I might be able to let you know other resources. My family's there.
Thank you for your help, but I am from Calgary have to wait till I go back to have my rehab. Yes I love swimming will ask the doctor when I go for my appointment next week. I am putting up in a hotel till my appointment.
 
My left calf is painful and I tent to tire myself very easily when using crutches. I will have my staples removed X-Ray taken on 13th Feb. I will only know after that when I can fly back home to Calgary.
 
I know you said no weight-bearing for several months pegleg - but surely they have you doing some strengthening and stretching exercizes and such in the interim so you don't develop any adhesions? Or are they simply working with you with manipulation to keep the tissues healthy? (If you don't mind my asking?)
 
Hi all my wife thinks that she read that you should not eat seafood after a TKR prawns and so on
is this true or not ??
pegleg
 
I haven't heard that one. I hope it is not a problem as I had lobster on New Years. No problem that I remember. But lets see how more knowledgeable people respond.
 
Never in my life heard that!!! If it were true, I'd be a goner for sure. I adore shrimp and all kinds of seafood and regular indulge in that luxury. Please don't worry about this, okay. Enjoy your prawns.

If your wife can locate whatever it is she read, I would like to see a link to the article.
 
Never heard of that. I don't eat meat, but I do eat seafood. Nothing bad has happened so far!
 
Maybe raw fish, as in sushi? I haven't heard anything like that, but that's my wild guess based on no information whatsoever.
 
I am writing to say my last goodbyes as I had grilled halibut for dinner tonight, and had shrimp last night. Been nice knowing you all......................... ....... .... ... .. .
 
Maybe raw fish, as in sushi?

Nope - no restrictions on sushi either. Not sure where you wife got this one but bottom line - enjoy your seafood!
 
Tashia would sure be unhappy if this is true. Hoever she is open minded and wants to know all about it. I love shrimp and lobster so this would be a very bad thing. I would sure like to read the story.
 
Wow
I have asked the doctor about any diet requirements after surgery and haven't been advised on any restriction in regards to seafood. But then Aussie doctors may differ to elsewhere.
I would have thought that fish would be good for a patient as its low in fat and is a source of Omega-3.
So I am still enjoying my fish I hope you can to
 
Folks please don't worry - there are no dietary restrictions after TKR or THR - except if prescribed by your doctor for other issues.
 
Does your wife like fish? What a good excuse to not have it anymore.
BTW, I have fish and shell fish all the time.
 
Me too! Jeepers, the things people dream up!
 
Hi all,
I love my new knee real like seating in the chair with both legs bent not much swelling and the pain is under control. Doing my exercise 3 times a day and it looks like I am getting past 90.

I just love it after so long of it been stiff. Thanks every one for your wishes and prayers love you all.

I am hoping that in the end I will be able to ride a bike again, but how it is now I know people will not keep kicking it and I will be able to seat comfortable and go up and down stairs.

Many thanks
pegleg:dancy: :happydance: :yahoo: :yay: :yes!: :thankyou:
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
Oh, Pegleg, this post just makes me smile and smile and smile some more. I am just so happy for you. And I'll be waiting for the day you post us with a picture of you on your bike!!!!
 
Pegleg, don't forget to request a wheeled chair for your flight home---it is too far to walk through airports at this stage of your recovery. K
 
Back
Top Bottom