TKR My new knee

Oh no I am losing rom gone down from 110 to 98 after workout oh why why why. is this normal at this stage or not.
pegleg
 
I suspect you are doing too much, slow down and see if that helps.:sleep:
 
Is your knee area swollen after the workout session---swelling supresses bend which reduces the flexion number. As Pumpkln said, you may need to do a much lighter workout, and of course, elevate and ice.
 
no pain or swelling after working out do pt 3 times a week and some at home when not at the pt.

He was saying that I might only get 110 in total due to what I have had done to the knee and he thought that would be very good after having the pin in so long.

pegleg
 
THAT IS FANTASTIC!
That is amazing!
And I love the very end of up where you are laughing as you are coming for the camera. :heehee:
 
Josephine Orthodoc Jamie
Don't know how often you see reversals after decades with a fused leg but here is Pegleg's video showing him walking recently after his reversal to a TKR. (Sorry, I don't know your medical terms but hopefully the thought is conveyed.)
 
Andrew.....I can't believe that somehow I missed your thread about the conversion to a knee that works!!! I guess it was a result of my own TKR which was done March 8th...it really has kept me from BoneSmarting as much as I usually do.

So, I'm thankful that Elisea tagged me so I could read your fabulous story. It is magical how your life has changed. The best part is that video you posted!!!! My friend, I'm grinning ear to ear today because of you and your progress. You are doing so well. I don't know how many of these are done, but in my book, it's a miracle!!! You be sure and tell your surgeon that he gets a giant BoneSmart Gold Star. What a great job.

I think Jo will be interested in seeing all of this as well if she hasn't had a chance to catch up with your progress. The xrays are especially interesting and I appreciate that you took time to post them and the links to information on your implants. I have a hunch that your story in some form is going to end up in our BoneSmart Library. I'm pretty sure there may be others out there who would like to know that is is possible.

I've now marked your thread to "watch" so I'll be checking on your progress regularly. Way to go!!!!!
 
Brrrrrilliant! And no hint of a limp or anything! Thank you Peg. You're a star!
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
SUPER FANTASTIC VIDEO !!!
 
Hi all,
I thought I would give an update. No problems with the knee. Going to PT 3 times a week and enjoying the summer weather.

Stiffness is going away and sleeping well. Only one concern, I might have to have small operation to have the wire removed its rubbing inside the skin at times.

skigirl I will be in whitefish on the 19 20th 21 of July for the ham radio fair hope we can meet up and have a meal with our partners. ANY ONE ELSE COMING FOR A Get-together
 
skygirl I will be in whitefish on the 19 20th 21 of July for the ham radio fair hope we can meet up and have a meal with our partners. ANY ONE ELSE COMING FOR A Get-together


Pegleg,
Nice video, you are walking great!
Just wanted to say hello from one ham operator to another.
73 & best of luck,
Roger AC6BW
 
Hi Andrew
I am so thrilled and euphoric seeing you walk normally!!! It really is amazing you!! You are a real inspiration!!! I am really going to reverse my leg by hook or by crook!!!

Hugs
 
pegleg, I have PM'd you with all my contact info--it will be great fun to meet with you. Kelly
 
Hi all,
Just a quick update I am doing well with pt rom is around 110 and leg is getting stronger week by week.

I will see the OS at the end of August and hope that I can get back to work. Leg does give way now and again but seems to be getting less.

I still wish I had this done years ago and I might not have the problems with my back.

That's all for now
Pegleg
 
PegLeg...your posts just MAKE my day!!! Thanks for the great update.
 
Hi all,
I am still suffering with lack of energy in my day to day life after surgery last January.
I tend to sleep a lot in the day and all night I have to rest mid afternoon for 2 to 3 hours.

I thought by now that the energy level would be on the increase but No, Some days are worse then others it depends on the weather and not what I do on that day.

I just cant see how I can go back to work with such low levels I would fall a sleep at my desk.

Pegleg
 
This long out it cannot be due to your surgery. Have you had a few tests done to see what else ails you? Haemoglobin (anaemia), thyroid, diabetes for starters. Or even just a fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia?
 
Back
Top Bottom