Guest viewing is limited

TKR My new knee

Peg! This is one of the best news I have seen here in a while. I'm SO happy for you and the fact that you are enjoying that bent knee. Here's hoping that all goes according to plan and that you're soon on your way home.

Hugs.
 
Hi to all,
My wife is an Asian, and back in asia whenever someone comes back after a surgery, they don't take any seafood, because if they take seafood, the wound will take a longer time to heal, that's all. Now we are clear of seafood.
 
Strange custom.....not really based in any fact, though! Guess you'll have to do what keeps peace in the household. Maybe you can sneak out for some prawns now and then....or keep a cooler stashed in the garage.:heehee:
 
Oh wow Pegleg, I have eaten fish of all kind, lobster, oysters/clams on the half shell, shrimp, scallops and sushi of all kind! Oh, Ohhhh, look what you've done...... now I'm going to need to go shopping again! Yummy to the tummy!:)
 
I sure hope it was fine as I ate a lot of shrimp and fish during my early recovery...
 
Funny, I had no stomach for fish or seafood for several months after surgery. I'm enjoying it again now though.
 
Check up went well he did an xray which I have the disk and will post the xray image when I get home.

He is very happy with the work he as done and hapy with the ROM around 95 now.

We are now at Toronto airport waiting for the flight back home to Calgary had wheelchair in toronto and one should be waiting in calgary.

Will keep you posted how i get on but so far we are very happy with the new knee.
Pegleg
 
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
95 flexion----OUTSTANDING!!!! Can't wait to see x-rays. And finally on the way HOME---know that will be a joy and a relief. I am just so happy for you----I feel like jumping up and down myself.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] My new knee
 
Hi All,
Here are the xrays of my new knee what do you think ?????
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My new knee
    24feb.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 222
  • [Bonesmart.org] My new knee
    feb13-2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 241
[Bonesmart.org] My new knee
x-rays!!!! Very, very impressive implant you have there, Pegleg.

(Josephine, have you seen this thread, yet?)
 
After all the aggravation and pain, it looks like a winner! K
 
losing ROM today and in pain across the knee is this normal at nearley 4 weeks
Pegleg
 
I would say that it is pretty much normal. Remember, this recovery gig is much like a roller coaster ride, and at times your surgical knee will act up ---all for no apparent reason---during recovery. ice/elevate/rest---and do not worry---about it---we have all had that type of roller coaster ride and wondered "What did I do to aggravate this thing?"

ROM may come and go---I would gain some and then lose some---and I had aches and pains that migrated all over both knees.
 
Agreed. And, 4 weeks is very early...still in the range of most inflamed time period.
 
Four weeks seems like a long time, but you are still very early in the grand scheme of recovery. Basically, you are a tad bit short of a month, and it seems lengthy, but you have quite a ways to go---remember that recovery can take longer than we would like it too---and that it is normally a slow process that has ups and downs---and you just have to take everything in stride (sorry for the pun there.)
 
Just caught up with this thread. And seen the photos.

CHAPEAU Mr Pegleg.

losing ROM today and in pain across the knee is this normal at nearley 4 weeks
Yes, perfectly normal. TKR is major surgery even without what's happened to you. Don't worry and just continue with gentle, non-painful, stretching exercises I reckon.
I am hoping that in the end I will be able to ride a bike again
I sit straighter and pedal more smoothly than before TKR. Yes you will get back to the bike. This summer, no bother.
 
Back
Top Bottom