Revision TKR My left knee story, revision complete 8/14/12, hopeful

It's been a week and the heel feels better, much better. I will need to keep stretching and wearing shoes with good support, but so far, this has done the trick!

Thank goodness!

Be well friends,

Dawn
 
Quick update not knee related...I am having my thyroid removed tomorrow morning. Should be day surgery and home by late afternoon. Thankfully it's not cancerous, just a nodule that's grown too fast and is pushing my windpipe out of place. Hope this is a relatively easy recovery. Planning to work from home next week and get some rest in.

Prayers are welcome!

Take care friends,

Dawn
 
Dawn, Make sure you take a easy. You will feel not quite right for a while but don't worry about it. I wish you the best.
 
I forgot to tell you all, I got a dog bed today. I have all the blankets cleaned and next week is the start of looking for a new four legged friend. I couldn't get the food or anything else because I don't know the size or breed. This is so exciting. Everyone have a good weekend.
 
[Bonesmart.org] My left knee story, revision complete 8/14/12, hopeful
Good luck, Dawn. Let us know how everything goes. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] My left knee story, revision complete 8/14/12, hopeful
 
Dawn, I wish you the best. Even though it is not a big deal with the surgery remember you still have some anesthesia, be sure to rest and drink lots of liquids.
 
Prayers and best wishes are coming your way. :friends: I have had a parathyroid ectomy and came home the same day. Expect some soreness in your throat for a few days and then it is fine. After all the knee "stuff" you have been through...this will be easy!! :happydance:

My daughter had her thyroid removed 6 years ago when she was 27. Hers was cancerous. The surgery went well and she had a complete follow-up with meds and scans. She did really well and takes synthroid every day now. She is also a type one diabetic since she was 15 and on a pump. Nothing stops her and she is a full time media specialist in a high school and has a 1year old little boy and 2 1/2 year old little girl!
 
Good luck Dawn, I wish you the best and a speedy recovery! Please keep us updated when you can! (((((HUGS))))) I'm glad to hear that it wasn't cancerous!
 
Thanks Friends, you have no idea how much the support means to me!

Getting ready to hop in the shower and head out. Need to be at the hospital at 7am, surgery at 8:30, and I am the first one in!!

The butterfly's are kicking in now....but I am grateful knowing that it's not the knee being operated on for a change!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Good luck Dawn with your surgery! Will keep you in my prayers that your recovery is an easy one. Hugs!

Wow others with PF! I developed it slightly before my tkr, but since it has gotten really bad. I was given the foot brace to wear at night but never used it cuz I get up multiple times a night and scared I could forget I had it on and might fall. That has made this recovery even harder. Learned one important thing though, no shots in feet, that sounded horrid. Hugs!
 
Good morning,

Surgery went well. The thyroid and nodules were quite large and as a result they had to put a drain in and keep me overnight. I wasn't expecting that but it was probably best. The general anesthesia made me nausaus as usual so tossed up anything I put in, wasn't pretty. I warned them in advance on my reaction to ga but I guess it was to be expected. Hoping to see the surgeon shortly and go home later. Felt pretty lousy yesterday but better today, hoping that trend continues!

My head is still cloudy and moving slowly. The neck is sore and I'm pretty hoarse, all normal. Just glad this part is done.

The other news is while I was in surgery my oldest son was in a car accident, someone hit him, car is totally but he is fine. Never a dull moment!

Will check in later,

Dawn
 
So happy to hear your thyroid surgery went well. Now rest up and heal! I do horrible with the anesthesia too, always puke. Hope you are able to go home today! Glad your son is okay. My daughter who lives in Iowa was on her way to work and hit a COW! Luckily she is okay too, but her suv is totalled too. Hugs!
 
Thanks friends, appreciate the support. Feeling pretty slow, took a nap with my kitty, he missed me and had to smell me all over, such a good boy!

Still haven't talked with my son yet, guess will tackle that tomorrow.

Nanners, glad your daughter is okay, hitting a cow is pretty dangerous!

Will check in later,

Dawn
 
Back
Top Bottom