Revision TKR My left knee story, revision complete 8/14/12, hopeful

Nanners,

In TX on the oilfield roads the cows roam free. If any truck or car hits one. The DRIVER pays for all damages! Crazy huh?! :doh:
 
Hi friends,

Feeling better today. The soreness around the incision is not as tender. It's started to bruise and it's quite noticeable, guess it will be for a while. Energy is better, the fog is starting to lift from my brain. Stomach is back to normal.

Two more things; number one son with the wrecked car is doing okay, hoping to get at least a little money for his car and number two son, bless his heart brought us a kitten yesterday. His name is Twig and is just a baby, about 8 weeks. Our dear old Socks, 16 this year, had to be put down about 2 weeks ago, my hubby was heartbroken. This little guy has taken right to him and its adorable!

Planning to work from home this week and get a lot done with no phones to answer. Sweatpants and slippers for me!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] My left knee story, revision complete 8/14/12, hopeful
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 255
Well I'm glad that the surgery is behind you so you can get to the business of healing! I am so sorry to hear about your loss of your kitty but I'm so glad that you have a new one to love you! :console2:
 
You looked like you got your throat slit! Giant hugs! And your new baby, Twig, is absolutely adorable!
 
I know Nanners....it really does look that way. I told my son I look like the social worker woman in the movie Beetlejuice, where she is smoking her cigarette and the smoke comes out her neck!

The good news is the incision is less sensitive each day. Still a bit of brain fog, and my throat is pretty scratchy, but overall feel good.

The new baby is doing well, and my cat Bub who is about 2 years old loves him. The have been playing together; the little guy doesn't think he's so little, its pretty cute!

Be well friends,

Dawn
 
Dawn, I am so relieved to hear that the surgery went well. Now, you can just spend some time resting up. Cute kitten. We got a new Corgi. We were fostering him for our vet--he came from an abusive household. Now, we love him and he is ours!!
 
Thats great Kelly, Corgi's are wonderful dogs! We are dog friendly at my office and one of my clients brings his Corgi in when we meet, it's a treat!
 
Corgis are so sweet - congrats Kelly. Twig is such a great name Dhare! I LOVE cats - just wish the sainted hubby could lossen up around them a bit. lol :kittykiss: Tho it does look like they slit your throat, the good news is the scar should blend right in given the effects of (ah-hem) gravity on our necks - though you are still a bit young for that!! :rotfl:
 
My boss said the same thing about my neck and getting older....I reminded him that he is older than me, lol!
 
Dawn,

Glad you're home, sorry, to hear about your son's accident on top of your surgery. My sister had her thyroid removed and now religiously takes thyroid pills. It can take a bit of time until you figure out exactly what is the right dose for you. Feeling wiped out is not unusual in your state.

Take care - love and prayers.
 
Hi Judy,

I'm doing okay, thanks for asking. The thyroid incision is really fading quickly. I'm waiting for the results of bloodworm I had done a week ago to check my thyroid function and adjust meds if necessary. I do get pretty tired by mid afternoon, it would be nice to have a nap each day around 2pm!

tomorrow morning is the dreaded colonoscopy....yuck. Turning 50 this year has brought me more doctor visits than I would like. Thankfully this is just routine, no issues at all. Still, clear liquids all day for someone who never misses a meal will be a challenge. Thankfully I have plenty of padding to get me through!

Knee is good. We've had a streak of really hot and humid weather, and I do notice a few aches that aren't normally there. I need to get an appointment with my OS for the one year checkup post revision, which is fast upon me. I haven't worked much on strengthening the leg yet which I need to get going on. It's been crazy busy at work and family issues have me stretched pretty thin. I do need to devote more time to general fitness, and that takes a commitment on my part.

So overall, doing well. The new kitten is growing and eating like a horse! I have never seen a kitten eat that much!

Be well friends!

Dawn
 
Good to hear you are getting along pretty well Dawn! Ah yes, the dreaded colonoscopy. :shocked: I still have to get up the nerve for that one! :yikes: I am so bad! They have those thyroid blood function tests down pretty good these days so you should be zipping around pretty well once they find your dosage. My doc likes to keep me at the bottom end of the scale, unfortunately, so I always feel like a 2:00 nap is in order. :mcoffee: Just wish I had time for it!! :rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom