THR My Journey begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dede62; and Poppet not sleeping yet, waiting for hubbys return from business trip. Will be sleeping in about an hour, having my last liquids. Talk to you all whenIhave the matched pair, hopefully without the added wire around the femur:shocked:
Vida, forgot the yogurt drinks, but think did well in cleansing
 
bellaroma ... Sweet dreams warrior girl, we are all here for you :)

How long are you planning to take off?
 
Whoa! Time flies, and your surgery is tomorrow already! Sending you tons of best wishes. You will be kayaking before you know it :) :dancy:

For now, I hope you are getting plenty of sleep and all goes well tomorrow. :flwrysmile: Write when you can ....
 
Dear Beth, thoughts are with you this morning. I'll be a BoneSmart regular and warrior until the day you go kayaking again. Will think of you on my 5 mile hike later today, in view of your wish to be able to walk more than 1/8 mile. You will, and soon.

So looking forward to hearing from you ASAP from the other side, gracious warrior.
 
Poppet; don't know for sure how long I will be out, at least till my Doctor 's appointment on 4 April
It is really a beautiful day here, the sun is shining, the water is calm and the birds are singing
 
No fracture:yay: What a difference on this surgery.It is tighter today than yesterday , but just took an oxycodone today. Nausea bad and made quite a mess, but hip can already do a heel slide. Thanks for all the well wishes
 
Congratulations Beth... Let me be the first of the 'warrior girls' to welcome you to your second recovery - NO FRACTURE - FANTASTIC :)

And, already doing heel slide.

Sorry about the nausea, get them to give you an anti emetic for that, if it continues hon...

Rest now, all over!
 
Yay, Yay, hip, hip hooray!!!! Poppet beat me to being first to rejoice with you, but the more the merrier. Your surgeon should be glad he didn't break your leg this time, because the wedgie we warriors would have given him...well, he'd not have trouble hitting the high notes. Just kidding, I'm sure he's a good guy or you wouldn't have gone back for the second.

Thanks so much for posting---thought about you all day yesterday and checked in here the first thing this morning.
Again: Hooray!!!! You'll be in that Tarpon just in time for spring and baby swans:SUNsmile:
 
sissy46 is Beth the last of our warrior girls? .... No wait, you are going to have to all hang around for my other hip at some stage.. Better still, you can all come visit :)

Remember to get some ice to suck on Beth it will help with the nausea :)
 
Poppet, well, we haven't heard from Damn! in a long time, but as far as I know, Beth is the last of us to have surgery...I didn't know you were anticipating the other hip.
 
Oh yes, it is bone on bone, but my kidneys are holding things up and my OS wants me to preserve my native hip for as long as possible.. Not much pain with it, only when I walk too far..

Must admit this latest kidney infection has brought me right down.. sissy46
 
Beth,

I am so glad that all went well this time and so very, very pleased that your femur did not fracture during the procedure. It will be interesting to hear how this hip recovers in comparison to the other. I am sure that it will give me and others who have suffered fractures during implant hope and encouragement to go ahead with a second THR when needed in the future.

I send my best wishes to you, take good care of yourself.

Your old fracture mate

Chris

PS. I found out two weeks ago that my fracture has now healed.
 
Good morning Beth! Yay!!! It sounds like you are doing great (except for the pesky nausea). And kudos to your doc too! Have you told him about the warriors and our wedgy threat?? If not I'm sure he put enough pressure on himself to have a better outcome.

Hopefully you'll find the right anti-nausea med and that will be done. Maybe hubby should bring you some Haggen Dazs. :whistle: Now all that's left is to rest, rest, and more rest! Oh and of course the mantra is well ingrained by now!

I'm so happy for you I'm almost giddy!! :happydance:

P.S. I would have posted earlier but I went to the pool for water aerobics. First time back since June.
 
So Poppet, are you soliciting for some added help around when you get your 2nd hip done? That means we don't have to wait until you retire to come visit! Yahoo! :yes!:

Luv you Nordic warrior! I so hope you feel better soon!

[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
 
WoooHoo! Great news! So glad your surgery went well, and fracture free! I am assuming that also means no weight-bearing restrictions as well. It will be interesting to see how your recovery on this hip compares. Sorry about the nausea, but hopefully you will get that under control soon. Yay!!!
 
well, going home today, nausea is slowing.The leg hurts but I can not believe the difference from the last. This feels amazing, walking on it

Once I'm settled I will do a comparison
Poppet, you tell us when you need us and we'll be there
 
You can bring some nausea meds for Poppet for she will surely need them (all of us will) after partaking of the yummy but unhealthy stuff we'll be bringing. See Poppet's thread for comfort party planning.

Beth, so glad the nausea is letting up, and that you love your new hip already. And home today! What does Lefty think about all this?

Do you have any weight bearing restrictions at all this time? I'm betting you don't, and that will be such a pleasure for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom