THR My Journey begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Poppet; previous suggestion, I have used this thread for both, hence the lefty/righty. Had my surgery x-rays done Thursday. Had splitting headache today, alot to do and not much time to do it
 
You probably have some good drugs left over from Lefty. Take them for headache and go to bed.
As busy as you've been, are you almost looking forward to a couple of days in the hospital?
 
Rest... You need to go into your second surgery rested.. Most important :)
 
Hey Beth, wishing you all the best in your next go-round. You really deserve the best possible outcome. You are so helpful to so many of us, we will be here to hug you when you wake up! Vicki
 
Wow, Beth, Friday is coming up soon. Lots of us will be anxious to hear from you ASAP. Do you think you could get your hubby to post for you, if you're not awake enough to bother with it on Friday afternoon? Or would your computer meet the fate of the eggs and water?:snork:


Anyhow, as others have said, you have been so gracious and helpful to others these past months, you deserve to have the easiest, quickest recover of all. Good vibes from all over the world coming your way; I am sending Florida sunshine:SUNsmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
for your surgery for that second new hip. In a few months you'll be able to get down and do some serious boogieing!
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
 
Hi Beth

I hope that all goes well for you for your second THR. Hope that this one goes smoothly with no complications this time. I will be thinking about you and will watch out for your recovery posts.

Take care.

Best wishes from

Chris
 
Hey, Beth so it's one and a wake up! If I were in your shoes I'd be so ready to get the second side done. I was talking with hubby about that very scenario and when I had the two scopes there were 3.5 months in between which was probably perfect; so I couldn't imagine having the THRs done at the same time or any closer together. I don't know if my doc would do them any closer anyway. He wanted at least 6 weeks between scopes so I can't imagine him doing the other earlier.

Here's to you and Lefty! It's been quite the journey. Say goodbye to Righty for me! :cheers:

We all look forward to the good news after it's all done. Get some good rest and post when you can.

Oh, here's some good entertainment for your recovery period. Go to explore.org and click on the live puppy cams. The one with the white black and gray tiny puppy is of a service dog project that raises great danes for service dogs. The mama dog, Olive, just gave birth to 11 puppies last weekend 10 survived; 1 stillborn). Amazing and very fun to watch! :puppysmooze:
 
bellaroma ... Good luck Beth.. We warriors will all be waiting in anticipation for that first post surgery update :)
 
bellaroma

Good luck Beth.
This time it will be smooth and sound.
Looking forward to hear positive news from you.
Hugs from istanbul
Selin
 
Wow Judy, that is one crazy dancing lady. Beth, best not try those moves until quite a few months down the line :umm:

Best of luck for Friday

Take care

Ann
 
Okay, update

Just about done getting everything organized, just wrapped up work items a few minutes ago, and now just finishing up laundry. They delivered the bed for downstairs, have sweatpants and hoodies at the ready, also a couple of pairs of shorts and a few tank tops, as while this may make my Florida buddies cold, as soon as it starts hitting 50 degrees I am on the deck with shorts trying to get some sun. So I am hopeful of nice weather coming. Ice packs are chilled, cans of soup at the ready, bag packed for hospital, been eating figs, prunes, oatmeal with protein powder and tuna all week to get the plumbing ready. Was really nervous this morning, but right now seeing I got everything done. I just feel exhausted. Hubby will be home late tonight from a business trip and think I will sleep a before he gets home. Not looking forward to the actual surgery or the first 3 weeks, but am so looking to getting my new shiny hips into shape and going on my kayak and fishing this summer, going for walks on the sand. Heck just going for any walk over 1/8 of a mile.

Thank you all so much for all you support and encouragement. You are so special. I couldn't possibly say what I really feel about the folks I have met here.
@sissy46; I usually do not bring my tablet to the hospital and hubby writing a post I think would end up like the eggs. Maybe I will take it, else I will report back on Sunday or Monday when I get home.

 
Sweet dreams, warrior. Tomorrow's your big day and know your warrior buddies will be with you in mind, spirit and online cheering you on!

[Bonesmart.org] My Journey begins
 
Beth...

"Not looking forward to the actual surgery or the first 3 weeks, but am so looking to getting my new shiny hips into shape and going on my kayak and fishing this summer, going for walks on the sand. Heck just going for any walk over 1/8 of a mile."

Focus on all these lovely activities that are ahead for you honey..

It is already mid afternoon on Friday 1 Mar, so figure you are sleeping soundly.. Sweet dreams from OZ
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom