TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
When trying to re-learn to date again my friend and I that got divorced in the same month were, well, clueless. After much trial and error we arrived at a simple truth...treat a new boyfriend exactly the same as a new female friend. Well...I dunno about your friends but you're allowed to kiss the new boyfriend when you feel like it but if we ever meet we WILL be friends but I'll skip the smooches!

Perhaps it's not your same issue but I realized that I wasn't doing that in the least - sometimes expecting too much but more often, expecting too little from men.

SUPER glad to hear that your stride is coming back!!!
 
Doglover, take your time and just enjoy your dates. You are a great person with personality and ambition. He will sense that you are a winner and be attracted to that. Im so glad for you. And your knee is getting better as well. What a week . Just take your dates light and fluffy. That what my GF used to always say. However she cant control her emotions and is crazy about me. When is date number 2 ? Best of luck. Iceman
 
@Jozilla, I'm SO SORRY I missed wishing you a happy birthday! I hope you had a wonderful time!

@Nana moon 27 - thanks for your sage advice. I know. It's just putting the mindset into action. You always have such good words of wisdom for me! Can you please do me a favor though and remove the name in your post? I don't like to mention names on public sites :-(

@Phil75070 - cute - very cute!

@TexasTee - we WOULD be fast friends if we ever met but sorry kiddo, you're not my type, so you're safe on the kisses! Although I did accidentally feel up my friend the other night when I went to give her a hug. Awkward!

I'm actually a pretty good dater - I just don't like dating.

Thanks @icep707 ! Always good to hear from you! Especially when you're doling out compliments for me! ;-) Yes, it's been a good week all around. Of course your GF is crazy about you! That's the point, right?

Date #2, which sounds weird to say since we pretty much have spent umpteen hours on the phone, is HH tomorrow. I will be good and stick to my diet, but it will be good to see him.

My issue has never been the 'instant relationship' type but more of the defeatest type. Years of dating sucky guys has left an impact. I don't normally allow myself to like someone so fast and it's against my better judgement to let him know this, but he's so amazingly honest with me (i think). Eh, we'll see. Time will tell. ;-)
 
Thanks sweet pea! I forget that you know everyone's real name! ;) Plus, we wouldn't want #1 taking credit for anything nice that #2 does. ;)
 
Here's some good news for you, DogLover.....I know TWO gals about your age who are getting married this summer to great guys they met online. So....just like the commercials say, it can and does happen!!! Never every get so jaded that you miss a good 'un.....:thumb:
 
Thanks Jamie. I try to keep my jadedness to a minimum ;-) and with this guy, I don't think I have anything to worry about! (thank g-d)
 
yeah for nothing to worry about!! Enjoy HH today. What diet did you go with? The one good thing about meeting on the internet is that I put my weird diet on the front page and so there was no awkwardness, I'm a PITA to feed, deal with it. No sugar - no grains - no kidding!
 
good idea to put your PITA eating requirements out there @TexasTee ! I'm actually having to do HCG. My metabolism flew out the window around age 40 and it seems to have died completely since my TKR. It's a huge PITA plan to follow, but if it works, i'll give it a go.

I have been having the most horrific stabbing pain in what I'm guessing is my bone where I was sawed in half. Right below my knee and a little left of center. It's not my patella, I don't think, as I've already had issues with that. I can just be sitting and out of nowhere it's like an ice pick shoved in my leg. awesome. Guess I better warn my hot date that if I suddenly scream out in pain and cringe, not to worry. I hope he doesn't think I suffer from Tourettes (sp?).......
 
@DogLoverx3 - I have those sometimes - thank goodness not consistantly, I was told it was nerve pain...could be some nerves that were numbed by the surgery are coming back "alive". Sounds awesome...not!
 
Yes, @hopefaith , this new and wonderful type of torture just started 3 days ago. Never when I'm walking - only when I'm either sitting or laying down. Odd .... and hugely painful .... a sharp stab that lasts for @10 seconds and then just HURTS for another minute or so....

@TexasTee , I would hope that the Gabapentin would help to alleviate it if it were nerve pain. It really feels like it's down in my bone, but what do I know. I just hope it stops soon.... and yes, awesome is so NOT the word to use to describe it....
 
Oh @DogLoverx3 Tourette's, what can I say? I fell about laughing when I read your post. I hope your dates a good one. Looking forward to reading about how it goes, hopefully Tourette free!

I'm so sorry to read about your pesky pain again. What a nuisance! I hope it is purely nerve pain so your meds work.

You're right #1 does not deserve the credit for # 2 that's for sure.

I've posted that I'm in the ODIC tonight. Self inflicted as per! Xxxx

Catch you later or in the morning. Please have an amazing evening x you so deserve it x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Well, apparently you can only go so many nights with less than 3 hours sleep before it catches up on you. I'm sick. I know this because my really bad 'colds' come in stages. 2 days of horrible sore throats, then coughing, then all the other fun stuff. This is just about one of the worst weeks to happen (when, really, is a good time to get sick though) as aside from work, I have very fun activities planned each day through Sunday including a day on the lake, lunch and movies with 2 of my favorite teens, movie with another friend, 3 girlfriends coming over for dinner, a painting class and then, maybe best of all, my awesome Prince Charming cooking dinner for me. Boo. Guess it's time to load up on Vitamin C. As for my hot date earlier this evening ..... uhm, he better be loading up on Vitamin C too. :wink:
 
Boo! No time for being sick, that sounds like a terrific end of week.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - now its your thread that I get no alerts from. I give up - someone obviously doesn't like me very much ......... sorry I have missed out on all the updates, excitement and snot!

Glad to hear you are bowling along with the walking, I just typed bowleg by mistake (eek) but that's somewhere we just do not want to go, do we??

Hope the upcoming dates go well with the new man - Nana Moon's pearls of wisdom were spot on, but I'll add the one I constantly say to my daughter: 'Sweetie, if it's meant to be, it will happen'. And I do so hope this 'happens' for you.

Unfortunately for my daughter the 'happening' is all one-sided. She has had more proposals than I care to think of - but once that happens, she says she has to ditch them, cos its not fair to keep them hoping when she hasn't the slightest intentions of settling down with them. There is one man (isn't there always?) who has been popping in and out of her life for the last 4 years or so. Phenomenally intelligent, they obviously really care for each other, but neither wishes to look as if they do. Sound familiar? Nana moon would love to hear all about him, but I dare not put it on here as his job is 'interesting'. One day there will be a wedding and I'll get to buy a ludicrous hat !!

Take care, and OD on effervescent VitC. A long while ago I read a post from Josephine that described how you could take several over 24 hours to knock a cold in its tracks. She was advising somebody who was worried that they would have the sniffles before their TKR. Its here somewhere - if I find it I will post it again. Its actually a very useful bit of info.

XXX
 
Zinc is supposed to be a great tag along buddy for C - can't hurt, you've got stuff to do!! Zinc is also good for bone healing so really, if you're reading this, take some zinc! :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom