TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DogLoverx3 - we need to hear some more about these shoes!! Brands? I've found cute ones at Sperry and BOC that are both attractive and have some substance so they do great with bad knees but I have a huge shoe closet and a patient husband...
 
@DogLoverx3
yes, absolutely. Brand names. Pricey?
I have been looking at a couple of pairs on Footsmart, and while some are downright marmy looking, there are some that are cute and actually supportive.
So, I hope your cold is way better, and you are having a wonderful time at the lake. We want to hear about it!

~hopefaith
 
@TexasTee Is Sperry and Boc a store or a brand name. I have so many foot/feet issues, I am always on the look out for cute and supportive sandals. (especially this time of year.)
 
Hi @hopefaith - yes, Sperry Topsider has been famous for boat shoes for years but recently (as far as I know!) has added sandals, they are great! Rubber soles and supportive enough for all day and cute besides. BOC is the Born label in Canada - we can buy both Born and BOC in the US. I get them at DSW a lot.
 
@TexasTee yes, I am a DSW fan myself, but have been having some difficulty since surgery finding comfortable and decent looking sandals. I knew BOC had to do with Born, but didn't know it was the Canadian version. Now we need @DogLoverx3 to show up and give us the scoop on these sandals she found. :yes:
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - just want you to know that my lack of posting on your thread is NOT that I am snot averse, nor that I am worried about 'virtually' catching anything from your post - it is the alert problem yet again.

Its OK when I have time to trawl around and find the threads of everyone I want to catch up with, but other than tags (and I don't get those sometimes - especially NM27s) and ratings - I get sweet FA. Therefore if I am busy or have stuff to do, I can only 'drop in' on those threads that I can see easily or very occasionally receive a reminder for. So anyone reading this, its not that I am not interested - just that sometimes I am unaware or haven't the time to go looking.

Hope you have a great time on the lake, take care on the noodle! Ha ha - that would give me flashbacks to hydrotherapy! Hubby got back very late from his long race yesterday. He has the most amazing tan ........... on his face, neck and hands. He will look extremely odd if he wears short sleeves and/or shorts anytime soon!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

XX
 
No worries @dogwheels ! I'm the same way. If I don't have time to search through the threads, I looks for ones on the 1st page and pop in a for a minute to check in on what's new while I have the time (which isn't much lately).

The lake was great fun yesterday. Had a blast, got some good sun and laughed most of the day. Got to see friends I haven't seen in much too long and I was sorry when I had to leave early to take the kids out to do dinner and S to another painting class (she kicked my butt yet again with her skills). I found out some more about the family drama they have going on and just wish I could shake some sense into their parents, but alas, that's not my job. I'm just there as a sounding board and to help when I can (and in this case, I can't). Anyway, I haven't heard from Prince Charming in several days; he said he was going out of town to visit friends but would be back yesterday. If he is, he hasn't bothered to call or respond to my message, so I guess I'll just wait to see if I hear from him again. To go from multiple phone calls a day to not hearing from him in 4 days is quite the change. I hope he's okay and sure that he is. Maybe he's just changed his mind about me. It's been known to happen. :-(

Anyway, I've got lots of work to catch up on today and my little 4 legged angels got themselves into a heap of trouble yesterday when left alone for so long, so today should be interesting. I hope everyone is doing well and has had a great and pain free weekend. xoxoxoxo
 
Thanks, Ellen - I've been celebrating since Saturday, good thing today is the last day or my clothes won't fit!!!
 
So yes, my day at the lake was great fun. I ended up doing lots of walking, both uphill and downhill in order to get to the dock, and my knee did okay. No worse for the wear yesterday.

Still no word from you know who. :cry: I'll never understand people who can so easily say one thing and then do the complete opposite. It's all kind of left me in a pit of self pity. Yuck. I'm torn between being worried that he is okay (he was going out of town on Friday but due to be back on Saturday) and being hugely disappointed that he's chosen to disappear. I left him a voicemail on Saturday as that's when said he'd be back, and haven't heard a peep from him since Friday morning. Guess he changed his mind about me. Boo.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well ... I have posted on a couple of threads today but don't quite have the energy to truly catch up with everyone. Sorry. xoxoxo

p.s. feel free to tell me how awesome I am - even if you have to make stuff up ;-)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, whoops - forgot to post a picture of my pretty new sandals. I'm guilty of mostly buying cheap shoes - especially when they're pretty! That way when they only last a season, I'm okay.... They're all completely flat aside from the brown ones which have a slight heel.. The gladiators in the middle are my favorite!
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
First - from NM27s thread - you and me both! When we were talking online he told me he didn't drink and he was a vegetarian. I said, and I quote "I think you're talking to the wrong girl - this is a body built by bacon and Chardonnay..." He stopped being a vegetarian on our first date. Snicker.

Love the shoes!! Particularly the middle pair, awesome!

RE dissappearing date. Not awesome...what a flake! I totally know that place where you think, something must have happened to them, or their phone, as who does that kind of thing?! But, sadly, some people do. Sorry Ellen, you deserve MUCH better.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I loooooove the shoes especially the blue ones. Very me xxx love them xxx

Ps. Don't be surprised if the new fella has gotten man flu from your cold xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hang in there . Sounds like you had a blast at the lake.and your knee held up. Thats great. As for you know who. Sometimes us men are flakey and we over analyze when to call. He could be very busy or in the hospital with YOUR cold or flu. Like nanamoon eluded to. I tell you , you ladies crack me up !! Take care of yourself and your knee. Iceman
 
Love the shoes @DogLoverx3. What pair are you going to wear when you kick that guy to the curb. :)

Sorry that he is not calling back. I fear that I sound a bit like my mom when I say this but, if it is meant to be then it will be. Hopefully he will call and have a wonderful explanation but if he does not, then you are better off without him. It will be his loss.

I hope your cold is getting better. Rest up and take care of yourself!
 
Hi @icep707 - I DID have a blast at the lake! I am ALWAYS happiest when on the water with friends. And cocktails. But mainly friends. ;-) I was impressed that my knee held up and didn't start torturing me until today (very delayed reaction but well worth it!). Yes, if you-know-who is sick, it is ALL my fault. Actually I think he's the one who gave me the cold to begin with (again, well worth it), so I was just being nice and returning the favor! :angel:

@TexasTee ~ good girl for converting a vegetarian! :wink:

@Nana moon 27 ~ the blue sandals cost me a whopping $8 :egypdance:

@71Beetle ~ not sure which pair of sandals I will wear to kick anyone to the curb. Possibly a pair of steel toed boots?

@Jozilla ~ the white ones are soo cool looking - I just wish I had ordered them a 1/2 size larger. No worries, what's a little toe pain for fashion?

My cold seems to be hanging on for dear life! I actually lost my voice 3 days ago. Well, not really lost, but I waffle between a high pitched croaking and sounding like a man ... totally awesome.

Thanks for all your kind words about you-know-who's disappearing act. I'm still holding out hope that I will hear from him, but who knows. Yes, his loss in the end but I kinda think it might be mine as well. I had a friend come over tonight to cheer me up. She offered to bring vodka, but I'm still on the wagon, so we just sat around and gossiped instead. :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom