TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the sleep issues @DogLoverx3 - I cannot offer any advice there I am afraid.
As for the lovely Bean he is far far prettier than monster Abelard. Although Abelard is kind of cute in a sturdy and wilful way.

That's so sad that neither of your friends wanted to take their son to go and see his prospective college. I can see it could be a bit awkward for you, but he probably would get far more out of going with you as it is your old college and I am sure you would have some good tales to tell him?! My daughter did both her degrees at the same Uni, and she doesn't need asking twice to give acquaintances a guided tour ....... although it usually ends up more of a pub crawl.

Urrgghh pink eye - a couple of years back my daughter and I went on a weekend shopping jolly to Bath and Bristol. We stopped for a coffee and I asked her to see if I had something in my eye as it was a bit goopy and itchy. By the time we got to Bath it was full on yuck-o-rama - my whole eye was bright red, swollen and running with goop and everyone was staring, I looked such a sight. The next morning my daughter made me go to an NHS Drop-in Emergency Clinic - I had to queue up with all the smelly old drunks, mentally deranged and druggies - I don't know what was worse! Not nice at all and so hideously infectious ...

Hope you get some sleep and your knee eases a bit
XX
 
NHS Drop-in Emergency Clinic - I had to queue up with all the smelly old drunks, mentally deranged and druggies

Wow! @dogwheels Your clinic is so much nicer than mine!

[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
 
To make matters worse (not for me as I don't really care anymore) with the whole taking him to see the campus @dogwheels, they're not actually my 'friends'. The dad is an ex, so the mom already hates me because her kids love me and like to hang out with me. While I barely even speak to the dad any more, I still see the kids a few times a month. This is the man that, although we were supposedly going to stay best friends, totally and completely bailed on me after my surgery because his new gf is a train wreck and insecure as the day is long. Heartbreaking. I don't understand why neither of them will take their son on the campus tour though - even if they don't want him to go there, it should be his choice. Oh well, I promised I would take him there and I will keep that promise.

Icky on the pink eye Chris. I thought only toddlers who like to stick their fingers in weird places and then rub their eyes got that. ;-) One of my friends got it last year.....from her gym! See? Working out is bad!

I hope you're enjoying your cocktails and sunshine .... oh wait, it's already after 8pm there - never mind!

Thanks for posting that pic @Phil75070 - if I'm actually able to fall asleep tonight, I will most likely have nightmares of it. ;-)
 
@DogLoverx3. That is an amazing thing to do for that young man! No wonder those children like you so much. You actually care about them. People like you can make a difference in their lives. Thankfully you are there for them and keep in contact. If it doesn't rain going to watch my granddaughter play softball - will stop by later! Xoxo
 
@DogLoverx3 words fail me regarding C's so called parents. Thank God he has you in his life. No wonder those kids go to you the way they do. As someone once said recently on here, you have to have a licence to drive own a dog and go fishing not to have a child! So many people out there in the world who cannot have children would give anything for a couple of great kids like them. Ellen I'm so proud of you and how you support them. Thank you x x x you are the greatest! Xxxx

Have you tried downloading Eric Browns sleep hypnosis app. Use it with headphones it so works. Pic had this in the early days when I could not sleep. It was recommended to me by someone on the forum. Like Acuouncture I was very sceptical. Again I was proved wrong it worked!!!!

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ellen,
Kudos for helping this young man, sometimes a non parent is better, more of a mentor and can have a powerful influence for the better.
Hope his pink eye clears up and you can visit the college soon.
Hope you find some sleep soon!
 
@Doglover. I think that's so nice of you.....everyone needs an adult (?) in their lives. He's very lucky he has you..I'm very impressed . But the pink eye yuck on that. Stay away for awhile
Any one any age can get punk eye. And your luck you'll get something stuck in your knee that itches that you can't feel and have to deal with
As for lack if sleep, I can now fall asleep by 2:30-3. I sometimes read myself to sleep but I usually wake up 3 hrs later....I guess it's all the head chatter..what ifs, should i's all these questions. So I just pop a Xanax and hopefully that will kick in
As a matter of fact think ill do that now
Sweet dreams everyone
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Here I am, up again at midnight, after going to sleep again at 9:30. I'm in this routine that apparently my body (and my knees) like. Unlike you, I'm getting a full nights sleep. The problem is that it extends into mid-morning of the next day before I feel like my awake self. I say this just for you to know that sleeplessness is normal for us and we'll deal with it until we don't have to. We're great scientists, searching for a way out, trying various methods until something works. Hang in there, kiddo!
 
Thanks @JustJeff - it took me a good 3 months to be able to sleep in anything longer than 2 hour (tops) little increments, if at all. My sleep was finally getting better until I started taking the Gabapentin which actually seems to be helping my knee, but is preventing me from sleeping. Wouldn't you know that a drug that is well known for causing drowsiness has the opposite effect on me. I have to figure this out - I'm tired! ;-)

Thanks for all your kind words @Jozilla , @susanne , @Nana moon 27 ,@Pumpkln , @dogwheels . I love those kids and will always be there for them. C's sister (I don't like to put their names on the internet as it's not my family) is the one I take painting all the time. I just try to encourage the kids to do things they're good at and to try new things if possible. While their mother has told me (and them) that I'm a terrible influence on them, I know it's just the opposite as neither she, nor their dad, are able to look beyond themselves and put the kids first sometimes.

I was so exhausted tonight by 9:30 that I fell asleep - yey! Only to wake up at 11:15pm - boo. I now can't fall back asleep and I have a busy morning to contend with .... hope everyone is getting some good rest. Please send some my way! ;-) xoxoxo
 
Rest and sleep from Nana moon is on it's way x x x :sleeep: Xxxx big hugs, sorry you can't sleep x x x

Your sleep pattern is like mine. I sleep a couple of good quality hours and then thats it. Insomniaville here I come!!!

Ps have removed name from previous post, sincerest apologies honey x x x
 
Good morning (or whatever time it is with you ...... errmmm very early morning??) @DogLoverx3.
Sorry for the let down after thinking you were off on a good nights sleep - hope you managed to grab a few more zzzz's.
My 'chastity bolsters' worked a charm, but after sleeping in glorious solitude for so long, I had forgotten about the snoring :yikes:. You really should be here (not to hear the pig noises), but because there is something about the air here - lots and lots of people say the same thing, it makes you really sleepy and you sleep really heavily. Trouble is you go round looking bug eyed for hours the next day.

Another lovely day here, sunny and hot for us but you would probably need a sweater. Forgot to put any sun cream on the bottom of my legs when I was laying in the sun with capris on yesterday - not a good look today - I look as though I have been dipped in red paint.

I too think it's great what you are doing for those young people - they must think the world of you. Its good that they have you as somebody to trust and rely on. With all the flak regarding the parents, a lesser person would have stayed away - good job it's you and you really care and have their best interests at heart.
One day the 'parents' will turn round and realise that they have no relationship with their children and a bit of karma will occur - the children will not be willing to put themselves out for the parents. By then it will be too late - shame.

Husband has gone to buy fuel for the boat, I am going to see my friend in a bit, feeling a tad stiff after all the stairs yesterday - and now I am getting no BS alerts at all! I will endeavour to find you later ....

Take care and have a good day XXX
 
Hope you managed to sleep! I was doing beautifully in that department until my dogs demanded food...my secret? What appears to be most of a bottle of wine all on my own with my gf that flew in from Miami last night. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! :martini:
 
@DogLoverx3 Stunning!
Thank you for sharing with us.:SUNsmile:
I wish you were getting better sleep. Does your doc have any ideas?
x x ~~hopefaith
 
Hi @DogLoverx3

Oh I do someone you managed some sleep in the end. There is nothing worse than insomnia.

But how can C's so called mother call you a bad influence when all you ever do is support those kids. It strikes me she's jealous. However, she's ruined her chances of a good relationship with them, that is for sure.

I do so hope that you've had a great day and your knee is a bit easier? :friends:

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox (big hugs)
 
Hi all! Just a quick note because I am absolutely exhausted and still have to go meet my new tenant in a few minutes. Knee isn't too hot today - it's been acting up for a few days now and then serving 180 realtors breakfast this morning is always really hard on my knee. Believe me @TexasTee , if wine were on my diet, I would absolutely be parting of that sleep aide. Actually, I'd much prefer to be with @dogwheels with the magic sleepy air! And view. And sun. Sorry about the farmer's tan on your legs Chris, I can imagine how stunning that must look. Thanks for sending some sleep my way @Nana moon 27 ~ sadly it must have gotten diverted once it passed customs as it never arrived. ;-) I'm glad you had another fun day but sorry your knee is hurting. Not too long now until your day surgery! xoxoxo Thanks for dropping in @Phil75070 , @susanne, @hopefaith . I hope you all are having a good day! I think when I get back from meeting my tenants, I'm just going to crawl into bed even though it will barely be 3:30pm here.......

Oh, and @Ellejay , great job on all the walking! love all the pics you post!
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 how did your meeting go with your new tenant? I so felt for you when I read about your knee but gosh you did so well serving 180 Realtors. Goodness me!!!! Xxx

Anyway, returned to Dunelms today, as they overcharged me for the porcelain cake stand I bought for my daughter. I exuded charm today, as the person I spoke to on the phone late yesterday afternoon got both barrels I'm afraid! Anyway it paid off. I got the cake stand for £5.00 eng in the end, an absolute bargain. The manager could not apologise enough.

No plans for today just going to chill out. What are your plans for the weekend? I do hope that pesky knee has given you a break from the pain x x x x

By the way what is stuck to Ellen's leg today? Xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxxoxoxoxxxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning @DogLoverx3 - hope you got some decent sleep! I'd have to just pass on any diet that didn't include wine, I'm a huge fan and life simply is too short to be so harsh!

Hello @Phil75070 - so far it looks possible to go wait until my ideal time frame of February '15, if I do it any sooner it would be much more difficult to take off the time that I want to be able too, not to mention that we have a program that will allow me to "buy up" my short term disability so that my pay will be 90% of normal, instead of the typical 75% but that only comes into effect on the new year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom