TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DogLoverx3 like your sofa. But I really LOVE Bean. What kind is he? So sweet! So, Gabapentin keeps you awake. Can you take it in the morning?
~~hopefaith
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya @hopefaith - isn't Bean a cutie? Don't let him fool you though - although he is just about the sweetest dog ever, he's nothing but trouble. :) He's actually a PBGV (Petite Bassett Griffon Vendeen). A designer dog that ended up in rescue. The poor guy is shot full of BBs. They're all under his skin and can't be removed but you can feel them. How a dog who was shot repeatedly could have such a friendly disposition is beyond me.

we both like the new couch. All the parts move independently of one another so one side can be up like a couch and the other can lay flat.

I'm supposed to take the Gabapentin twice daily. I took it at 8pm last night and it still kept me awake until 4, so not sure what to do about that. I'll try taking it @6 tonight and then hopefully I'll fall asleep by 2? ;)

How are you feeling today?
 
I'm glad the med's are helping but not sleeping is no good - could you shift the times you take it? 6AM/6PM? Of course, I've no idea when you take it now but was assuming it's right before bed...but we all know what happens when you assume!

ETA - I swear Im not an idiot, the post about when you take the meds was not visible until I posted!!
 
Hi @TexasTee - yes, I'm going to play around with the timing of the Gabapentin. I took 1 at 6 this morning and my knee started hurting with that 'on fire' and pins and needles/burning about an hour ago, so I may take another one now and then just deal with it overnight. I need sleep! ;-) Haha - I figured you were posting as I was - no worries, you're just about the last person that I would think is an idiot! xoxo

Was on my way to the pool earlier and planted my foot wrong and semi twisted my knee. Most of my pain has always been right on the knee cap or on the outer side, but whatever I did is causing the inside of my knee to not be a happy camper....
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 it's been great having a read of the posts on here today. You are sounding so much happier! I'm sure the new meds are helping. I adore the new sofa but I looooooooove Bean, he's such a cutie! Why the h would someone want to bb a cute little pup like him! Ooh I hope they get their just desserts, the rotten devils! You are starting to sound a bit more settled in the new place now, unless I'm mistaken. Love the colour scheme idea. To me your sofa looks black! Please keep posting your pics I love them x x x x

I got a bit upset tonight. Mom contacted me this morning and told me her next door neighbour had passed away. She was 100 years old! I wrote a little about her on my thread. That's when it hit me and I've cried. I'm still a little teary now but okay. It's that's she's been there all my life! It never hit me earlier because my mom was crying down the phone and I was comforting her. I then did what I do best and talked her through it and went on to talk about other stuff. I left her laughing in the end after I said something inappropriate by accident, I just wish I could remember what it was! xxx

Looking forward to hearing from you. Please take care and I hope that your knee isn't giving you too much grief after the twist .... Ouch!!!! Xxxx

Btw had confirmation of aspiration and cortisone shots. Definitely 19th June. Oh I so pray this works xoxoxox

Big hugs
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@NightQuilter I cannot find your thread and wanted to ask about that massage technique.?
@DogLoverx3 I am doing okay. Just cannot believe the length of this recovery. (I KNOW, I ain't seen nothin yet....bbbbbbababy.) :heehee:
I think you can take the Gabapentin earlier in the day. (Like morning and mid day) I take it 3 times/day. So, you have a designer dog. How very cool. I had to read your words about bb's in his skin about 3 times because I couldn't believe it. How awful. Well, now he is loved and cared for by you. Talk soon
~hopefaith
 
@Doglover. Live the couch and the pooch. Adorable. How's this idea. Why don't you take the pills during day that way you would be wide awake. When every take oxi it also has reverse effect wide awake so I take during day. Can you do that or will it interfere with your job??



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry you twisted your kneee - how is it today? Hope you were able to sleep last night. Actually, it's 6:30 where you are, hope you are still asleep!!
 
Hiya @TexasTee , @susanne , @hopefaith, @Nana moon 27 , @Chihuahuan , @dogwheels , @Ellejay . Yes, I can't believe my sweet little boy got shot repeatedly by a BB gun and still absolutely loves ALL humans. Thanks for all the comments on his utter cuteness - he's actually cuter when I let him go all long and scruffy
[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

I call this one 'Bean in Weeds' :heehee:

I did switch up the time I took by Gabapentin yesterday. Took it as 6am & 6pm. Still couldn't fall asleep until after 2am, but that's better than 4 I guess. Sadly, I woke up with the burning pains and it takes an hour or so for the Gaba to kick in. I think I'm just going to have to take the Gaba earlier and then take something else before bed and when I wake up until I get this figured out.

My knee is still bothering me from twisting it and I went out last night to an industry event (translation = free food and drinks) and did a LOT of walking. Richard (my knee) is not happy with me today. Very tight, stiff, swollen and sore .... luckily I've got a pretty mellow day today so when I get back from running errands, I can relax a bit before I need to start cooking again.,

Oh, and here's some exciting news - although they were the tiniest heels ever (probably 1/2 inch), I was able to wear shoes other than tennies!!! I tried on some of my favorite platform and heeled sandals yesterday and could actually walk okay in them. Not for a long time, but good to know that I'll be able to wear some cute shoes again eventually!

Ann, I'm sorry to read of the passing of your mom's neighbor. :-(

Well, I must run but hope everyone is having a great day! xoxoxox
 
Hi DogLover - I take one 600 mg gabapentin at 7 pm and 1/2 when I wake up and other half around noon. At the 7 pm dosage I also take a muscle relaxer and that makes me sleepy! Bean looks adorable and comfy on his new couch which is nice!
 
@Jozilla - my Gabapentins are 300mg and it says to only take twice a day, so I'm trying to figure out the sleepless stuff. Is the muscle relaxer for your knee or something else? And yes, Bean thinks I bought the couch just for him - he actually races me to it (and usually wins) so he can spread out before I reach it!
 
@DogLoverx3 Okay, that's it. I'm flying down there to meet them. :yes: I can wish anyway. Absolutely sweet sweet sweet! I love dogs with that curly coat. They have to be groomed, right? But no shedding. Having a lab is like FUR everywhere.
I hope you have been able to get the gabapentin sorted?
~hopefaith
 
Thanks @hopefaith ! I have a 3rd dog but he's a bit challenged in the looks department. :flabber: I'll post a pic when I get back. Yes, they need to be groomed and hate it. They do shed as well though. Boo. Dickens, the redhead, was horribly abused when I took him in. He hid in the corner of my backyard for 3 days and wouldn't let me near him. When I was first starting my company I had tons of time on my hands so I would volunteer to foster the 'troubled' dogs. You wouldn't be able to tell now though. He's a pretty happy guy. I'll never forget the 1st walk we ever went on - he was terrified of a leash or anything around his neck like a collar. I am assuming the poor guy used to be chained in the backyard. Anytime i would work with him to walk, he would just pancake down to the ground and shake uncontrollably. So the 1st 'walk' we ever took was over to my neighbor's house, all of about 10 yards. It took us 35 minutes to get there, but we did it! :yay: When someone applied to adopt him the next week, I said 'nope, this one is mine'! :)
 
LOVE Bean in the weeds and Dickens looks like a sweetheart! Can I just tell you how thrilled I am to hear that even with the problems you've had you have attempted heels? SO promising!
 
Muscle relaxer is for back spasms but I am sure helps with my knee too!

Dickens looks like a sweetie, too! So cute.

I agree you sound so much better. Hope things are getting better. You certainly have done and been thru a lot if you look back on your last six months! Hugs to you and your doggies. I really miss mine. Xoxo
 
Oh @DogLoverx3 omg I thought Bean was cute but I so get what you mean about Dickens. I said this before about him. He does not look his age. He still looks like a pup. Ellen you so do look after your pups sooooo well! They're very lucky to have an owner like you x x x your patience has paid off so much for both them and you x

How is your knee?

Thank your for your sympathies regarding my moms neighbour, she truly was a wonderful person.

Oh yes, 8 days to go and I cannot wait. Please please please let this work x x x

My new Nike trainers came today and oh they are so comfy. They support my feet all around, including the sides of the arch of the feet wonderful! They were on special offer here. You'll be shocked at how much we pay over here because of the tax they slap on them. I got them for £68.00 eng instead of £85.00 eng. when my daughter goes over to America on holiday I usually ask her to fetch me a pair as they used to be cheaper. However, she's not been for a few years now, so things may have changed in that time.

I'm so glad you got to wear nice shoes. It makes you feel so much better and normal. I have some "flatforms" in a tropical print, they look fab with plain 3/4 trousers or capris. I can't wear them too long but enough to eat a meal or socialise.

Btw I went into meltdown today. On my post about it. It's been coming on a while now x x x
Catch you later x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@DogLoverx3
I understand your namesake (on here) I, too have a passion for mistreated animals. I cannot fathom it, truly. I love your stories about them. Keep posting. It makes my day and I am sure others too. So, they shed as well. I think my Lab. would beat yours hands down in that department. :yes:
~hopefaith x x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom