TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ann! Glad you feel a bit better after your shower and are going on your trip! Have a great time and please be safe! xoxoxo
 
I'm so glad you managed to get some help with all your jobs @DogLoverx3, it must have made you feel so much better to know you're not on your own. He sounds like a really nice person, I'm pleased for you that he is still in your life. Xx
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - I'll echo everyone else's comments, to say that I'm really glad that you have had a bit of help in getting some of the jobs done on your new place. Much more pleasant having some company while you are getting the work done as well. Your Ex sounds a nice person and a good friend.
This compounding cream could be a rare business opportunity - you could offer yourself as a mobile billboard and people could stick their business cards on your leg - or alternatively you could wear a sign and have them stick $bills on your knee for whatever cause you fancy ......... 'Ellen's A/C Fund?'. Apologies for that - couldn't resist .......... more seriously, did the dreaded goop come off easily in the shower? It sounds lethal stuff.

Well daughter's birthday supper was really great last night - I so love that place, it is a beautiful building and the food is to die for. Husband did his usual thing by picking all the odd things on the menu - offal, pigeon etc - which he said was 'Offally good' Ha ha ha ..... Daughter as predicted went for the wacky but offal free ....... BF went as staid and safe as he could with the bonkers menu whilst looking a bit like a rabbit caught in the headlights (what man doesn't eat mashed potato?) and I just picked lots of yummy, odd fusion things that were lush. Aside from the classical guitarist, husband provided some mid course entertainment by catching his hand on a candle and throwing red wine over himself. I opted to limit my alcohol content and drive everyone back. It was creepy - the route is quite a busy one and the whole place was deserted - roads were completely empty. We wondered if the world had ended and nobody had thought to tell us .... (alternatively, perhaps word had got round that I was driving again and other road users had run for cover?)

Just having a lazy Sunday, today - hope you get a chance to take things easy too, and that the dreaded goop does some good. Do I remember correctly that you have an appointment tomorrow? Pain clinic? Injections? Sorry if I got it wrong, my brain is mush since the knee was done. But hope all goes well if I am right.

Off for coffee and a hunk of the multi-coloured birthday cake (kept a bit back for us 2, daughter has the rest heh heh)
Take care and talk soon
XX
 
Thanks @Ellejay , although I still have a long way to go in actually 'liking' my new tiny house, having some of my own touches and things that desperately needed doing (sun shades as all my windows face west and that's killer in Arizona) and switching out the ugly off colored mini blinds for crisp white 2" slats has made me happy. :-) I hope you are having a fabulous time on your trip! Sounds as if your TKR knee is doing awesome!!!

@dogwheels , I just love your sense of humor. And the fact that you kept a slice or 2 of that amazing b-day cake. So funny about your husband last night at dinner. Some people, huh? You can dress them up, but can't take them out. :heehee:

I SO identify with your 'mushy brain' comment. I swear, since surgery I am completely unorganized and my memory is fairly non existent. I've forgotten to pay bills that I am religious about, I keep forgetting things when I go on catering jobs, and I bought a house with west facing windows! That's completely moronic in AZ unless you want to get stuck with a $300+ utility bill each month in the summer! I am always careful to buy a house with North/South exposure, but duh, if the majority of the windows face west, then that completely defeats the purpose!

I hope you and your cake are enjoying your relaxing Sunday. I'm off for a torturous tattoo removal laser appointment (another never ending odyssey), to show my rental property to a prospective tenant and then to the movies and dinner with my friend's teenage daughter as our art class got cancelled for today.

Oh, and we're starting a new game - it's called 'What's Stuck To Ellen's Knee Today' ...... feel free to start making guesses! Each day seems to be a new adventure ..... I think it might be a good place for me to keep spare change too! :loll:
 
@DogLoverx3 My niece was just over. She is recently divorced and having problems getting dates. She mentioned to me she was thinking about "putting herself out there" and hanging her W2 around her neck. Maybe something similar stuck to your knee........W2, pay stub, keys to a BMW/Audi/Mercedes
 
Oh I just love the idea of your knee becoming a billboard. Or maybe you could hire yourself out to pick up fallen biscuits for @chestnc :heehee:, no, I don't suppose you can bend down either.
I am loving the temperatures here at the moment, high 20s, but I'm only relaxing, I'm not having to carry on with everyday life, I don't know how you manage. Life here continues to be very good, my knee is loving it.
My daughter has just sent me a picture of our lawn that she has spent all afternoon cutting, I will have to look for a very nice present to take her home.
I hope your prospective tenant turned out to be ok, have a good meal and evening at the movies.
I'll try to make some guesses as to what might be stuck to your knee tomorrow, xx
 
Love the hairy legs picture. They look like mine in the winter!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Could you keep your sunglasses stuck to your knee - then you wouldn't have lost them from the top of your head as I did mine this morning :hissy:.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - hope you are having a good day.

[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
XX
 
Thanks for all the great idea on what I could knowingly stick to my knee! I'll keep you posted on what just sort of appears there today! :-) I'm off to the nerve pain guy in a bit to hear all of my options that I can't afford......

I did find a new tenant for my rental property though, so that's a very good thing. Having to pay utilities on 3 places during the summer here was throwing me into a panic. 2 is painful enough, 3 would be torture. Nice couple - young, but they seem to have their act together and they thought the unit was darling (which it is), so fingers crossed that they come through with their deposits.

I hope everyone's knees are behaving well and that Monday is off to a great start for you all! xoxoxo
 
Hoping that the nerve guy will come up with something that is much more reasonably priced when he knows you aren't covered...it's astonishing how that happens! Hope the tenants are most excellent ;)
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 love the new game "guess what's stuck to Ellen's leg today!" That's hilarious. :rofsign:In fact it reminded me of "what was stuck to Nana moons arm the once?...my brother in laws dog! The first time I met his rescue dog it absolutely loved me. It would not leave me alone. He kept staring at me all loveydovey! In fact he loved me so much he tried to "hump my arm"! Every one was in uproar! Worse still I blushed which I never normally do! I know @dogwheels will find that story funny as well!

I think you sound as though you're thawing a little towards the house. That sounded very positive what you said to Ellejay about the 2" slat blinds. WTG honey! I hope that you are okay?

Right it's getting very dark here early because of the clouds and it's 9.40 pm. I'm going back to the caravan. Think they next site are on to my wifi pinching. It wasn't on last night or all day today. Thank goodness it's on tonight. X x x x take care my lovely friend. Love Nana moon 27
 
saw the pain specialist today - big waste of time. sure, he thinks he can help with the nerve ablation procedure but the results are spotty on post TKR patients - apparently it's a better option in order to try and avoid the TKR for a while. Anywhoo, although it 'might' help, I just can't afford it and as my insurance won't cover it, it's a moot point. Boo.

my knee gave out on me today .... and it was my supposedly 'good' one that has gone to complete doo-doo since my TKR. obviously not a stellar day for me.

in brighter news, the only only thing I found stuck to my knee today was dog hair - and not in the amounts that dogwheels was nice enough to illustrate for me. ;-)

hope everyone had a good day xoxoxoxo
 
I'm sorry the pain specialist was no help, it's such a shame to have your hopes raised and for it all to come to nothing.
I was told that once I'd had my TKR my other knee would improve, but listening to everyone on here I don't think that's the case at all, all of our 'other knees' have suffered too much under the strain of coping with the operated knee, and seem to be really playing up.I do hope yours doesn't let you down again. xxx
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - I'm so sorry about the injections - what a bummer, and so disappointing, even if they had been affordable. Sorry also that your other knee is protesting - mind you, it has had to put up with quite a lot recently and has been on constant overtime. @Ellejay is right, they do seem to have a tendency to get you through the worst of it and then give out spectacularly. My other one is not exactly good, but I am going to preserve it all I can, it aches at times, but hasn't let me down as yet.

Hope your prospective tenants put down their deposit, and sign on the dotted line. I hate that uncertainty (and expense) waiting for a property to be tenanted. One of mine, on the Isle of Wight I just use for holiday lets - well mostly crew lets for regattas. I changed agents this year and things are going S-L-O-W-L-Y. Had to do it as the original agent was downright dishonest and I just had to make a break from him.

Wish we could have a quick shot of your sunshine here - I would kill for some hot weather. Its miserable, grey and drizzly in London this morning - euchh... Husband says it will be better for the weekend, so I may go down to our other place - not sure yet. He will be busy all the time we are there, so I will be on my own there or on my own here :shrug:. Think the decider will be if my friend is back from France. The change of scenery would be nice, and there is lots of flat walking nearby that is pretty - its just the 4 floors and very low sofas that are putting me off!

Well, time for coffee. No more multi coloured birthday cake, so a bit of lemon drizzle will suffice!

Take care and have a good day.

XX

Take care and hope you have a good day today

XX
 
@phil75750. Good one but I think I can up it... My daughter has a pit bull who thinks she's a lap dog, so she's lying with dog, her,and bf whe he says Emily is that your leg or dog!!! True story. It was the dogs,,,,they broke up but remain great friends. Which works especially well when you live in Different states....
Keep those jokes coming. Loving them!! :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Doglover. Have you tried acupuncture or reke therapy. I went to a women who does both for pains in legs...she tried all sorts of different techniques and decided I had too much wind in my legs....don't ask. The pressure points worked for awhile but the only one who ever helped was my neurologist. He was a pain mgmt specialist. Did acupuncture which helped. We also got friendly, he began telling me about his wife and kids and how miserable he is. Me in my therapeutic voice and just blabbing what ever comes out of my mouth impulsively said. You only live once. Live happy... Well. He got divorced moved to a singles bldg in the neighborhood....wish I had a good ending for story but my insurance changed and didn't feel he was worth the money since he also got a free therapy session helping with his kids....he's single, tall and handsome
Going to check to see if he accepts my new insurance and I'm sure this old body can find some new pain that needs managing....to be contd...oh by the way he's about 20 yrs younger than me. But the nicest guy ever
Hope you're feeling somewhat better...keep us posted to your new collection of knee catchers. I'm sure dogwheels can find some artsy project with all that gets stuck to you
Can't you just casually lean up against a nice guy and get stuck on him????
Feel good
Xo susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom