TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @DogLoverx3 I am so glad your cream is coming. I pray that this will be the answer and help you. I totally agree with what you said about the OS totally overplaying the recovery time. I'm so sorry to hear that you can't sleep in yr new house. I so feel for you my friend. Rubbish sleep is the pits xxxx

I was led to believe by 12 weeks I'd be back to normal and be driving between seven and nine weeks. For me personally....what a joke. My husband was with me when we attended the joint school class preoperatively. Even he agreed we'd been led up the garden path! He said that they should have warned us about the potential of slow recovery or any problems that may occur. We just got the happy, clappy, everything's going to be all right routine! Then after the TKR op, there was the ERS. This is the Enhanced Recovery Scheme. They try to get you back to normal ASAP. This resulted in my having a fall in the hospital due to an over zealous young PT, insisting I used crutches instead of a walker because of my so called young age. Then after two falls, I developed a chest infection which repeated and repeated, right up until recently. This has caused my recovery to be exceedingly slow. The PT I was given to do was inadequate one size fits all. It was great fun to be In a group but we all had individual needs that actually were not met.

@DogLoverx3 I have a feeling you were given the same or similar info am I right?

Big hugs and good luck with the cream x x x xx


Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Totally makes sense TT. You need to take the 12 weeks and having your pay covered 90% is awesome! Yeah, the combination of the a/c and the apparent lack of good insulation is a bit scary. Kinda ticked at my home inspector for not catching these things. Oh well, it is what it is.

Yes, very excited about the compounding cream. A pharmacist is actually delivering it to my house to explain how to use it. Weird, huh? Hope he likes dogs! :)
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - just want to clarify that I rated the last post 'Like', because your compounding cream is on its way - not that you had a bad night's sleep! My husband and I have constant battles whenever we are anywhere that requires AC - I like it on full blast, noise and all - he would sooner get sweltering hot but in peace. Suppose that's one good thing about living somewhere so b****y cold most of the time. Hope you can find a cheap and easy solution soon.
Would be good if it was a cute pharmacist making your delivery and giving the demo?!
@TexasTee - sounds as if waiting a bit longer to get the TKR done would be the better solution for you, if you can hang on for a few more months. You may not need the 12 weeks recovery time, but that extra month could make a world of difference.

Cake looking good but a bit wonky - wont know how it tastes until tomorrow!

XX
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I'm a bit under the weather yet I had a great day. I've listed on my thread what's up. I'm fed up of having something wrong with me all the time. Xxxx

Anyway, how are you? What have you been up to today? Xx
love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
You're safe @dogwheels - I didn't think you were giving a thumbs up to my lack of sleep! As luck would have it my topical stuff was just delivered and yes, the traveling pharmacist (who knew such a thing existed?) was darling! And about 5 inches shorter than I am. Darn.

Hi @Nana moon 27 - oy vey - again? I'm sorry you're not feeling well again. Or is it still. Boo. I can't wait until you are able to get things all sorted out. You deserve to feel like you again!

I will have to check your thread a bit later - i'm to the home improvement store yet again to spend yet more money on things for the house - ick. Oh, and to try my new topical compound! Right on cue as I typed that, the burning in my knee totally flared up! Fingers crossed all! xoxoxox
 
Oh @DogLoverx3 please, please let that compound work. You deserve a break from all this rubbish we go through. I sincerely hope it will work with all my heart x :puppysmooze:

I do feel for you having to spend when you could do without having to outlay like that. I bet you know now that the little old lady was not so sweet. Btw, can you not complain about the guy who told you the house was sound? Xxxx

Love Ann xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya Ann ~ nope, can't do anything about my home inspector half-a$$ing my inspection. I usually walk through with my inspector and go over everything, but since my knee was so horrid 2+ months ago, I didn't/couldn't and just sat and went over the report with him. Lesson learned.

It's a bit scary the amount of money that I seem to be spending right now on intangibles. The one thing I wanted when I moved was to get a new couch, so I got rid of my old one. I'm now stuck with no couch and can't afford one now because of all the fixes I'm having to do.

Anywhoo, I've tried the cream. Hopefully the effects will increase over time but as of now, it doesn't seem to do anything other than turn my skin yellow and make a sticky mess. Even though it's a 'cream' consistency coming out of the tube (minds out of the gutter @dogwheels ) :heehee:, it's like honey when it dries. Kinda like having a lint roller for a knee. I walked into Home Depot tonight, was half way through the store when I looked down and noticed the largest piece of black string stuck to my knee.... awesome. Looks like I'm going to be back to wrapping my knee in plastic wrap so this stuff doesn't stick to my clothes...

Anyway, I hope you are sound asleep by now and had a good night and awake feeling better! xoxoxo
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - have the doggies stuck to your leg yet?

Heaven help you if they moult - you'll have the hairiest looking legs ever!

[Bonesmart.org] My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying
XXX
 
Hahaha @dogwheels . You have no clue how scarily accurate that is! Today was busy busy busy. I had my ex BF, who absolutely surprises me sometimes by being an amazingly good friend (no, not that one Ann) sometimes basically spend the entire day at my new house helping with projects. Hanging sun shades, window blinds, changing out some hardware, hanging a ceiling fan, trying to figure out uber jerry-rigged wiring and all my 'switches-to-nowhere', etc.... He was here from 10:30am and just left a bit ago (I took him out to dinner as an inadequate thank you). Anyway, I was telling him about the new compound for my knee and how sticky it is and he said 'oh, just like fly paper'. Totally true. As we're sitting at dinner I looked down and what do I find stuck to my knee? Dog hair, thread, dust, lint and as an extra special bonus, I even had some of the little pieces of faux wood that he had to snip from the blinds in order to make them fit in the openings! Lovely. I am pure Klass with a capital K. ;-) Aside from that my knee did 'okay' today. Very swollen and sore but I was still able to get everything done. I guess at this point, I'll take it....

I hope everyone had a good and pain free day! xoxoxoxxo
 
Oh @dogwheels that was sooooo funny. What a lovely ex bf. He has my seal of approval. Now that's a real friend, a real man. Xxxxx I'm so glad he did all those fiddly jobs for you! Dinner was a real bonus price for all that I agree.

In dreadful pain with hip and knee x x x that's why I'm awake x x x I'm so pleased you got that God sent help. They say good things come to those who wait x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Yes, @Nana moon 27 , the ex has totally surprised me with all his help since my surgery. It's like he and 'that other one' switched places. And he works for food! ;-) I can actually afford that!

My knee is seemingly paying me back for my long and repeated treks through Home Depot today and all the walking, standing and yes, step ladder (only 2 steps and I held onto the wall) climbing. It is hurting a lot and stings like anything. My OS says that's my 'overactive/hyperactive' nerve disorder thingie, but my g-d it hurts! Feels like my knee is on fire. Boo.

I"m so sorry you're in pain still. Yes, let's hope that's true. Good things come to those who wait. You've waited plenty long enough, my friend. It's your turn!
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 thank you for those kind words. Does this ex have a girlfriend? What was he like as a bf? Sorry about the third degree, it's made my day, that a half decent sounding man has come your way. Truly a knight in shining armour!!!

I got up in the end, in the most excruciating pain. I can't stand, I can't sit, my hips feel like they're being crushed in a vice, both knees are killing me. I've gone into the garden and reloaded my bird feeders. Just took one extra morphine a 10mg one and two paracetamol as a top up until it's time for my normal ones. Once they kick in I may try and get a bit more sleep. D said we'll leave later. That's just fine by me x it 6.05 am and a beautiful sunny day...hooray! Xxx
Love Ann xxx
 
Do you still ice @Nana moon 27 ? Maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea. I do hope you feel better soon and are able to enjoy your trip.

As for 'this' ex and I, no, there will be NO romantic future for us. We were a terrible fit as a couple and are much better as friends. We have completely opposite personalities and views on life. He's been a great friend to me, but we both know that that proverbial ship has sailed. :kayak::heehee:
 
Hi @DogLoverx3

There is a saying... "Opposites attract!" Naah, only joking with you. :heehee: However, your split with him must've been ok with him for him to put himself out to help you. That was so kind of him x x x how did you meet up again? Xxx sorry I'm terrible for details x (you don't have to tell me on here pm would suffice lol) xxxx

Im taking ice packs with me if I go. I'm actually in two minds now, whether to even bother. I think it's because I'm in so much pain.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hahaha, I'm okay boring everyone with my private life on here - much more interesting (or not) that constantly whining about my knee. ;-) We met online about 9 years ago - dated for 2 years (it only should have been 1) and the split was amicable and my decision. We've always stayed in touch - he's my dog-sitter when I go out of town! I always joke that he always loved my dogs more than me anyway, so it works out well for the both of us. And yes, while I do agree that opposites attract, some absolutely do not. We're just TOO different in ways that are important to me. I'm glad we've remained friends though, he is a very good guy. We were just a horrible pairing. Thanks for being hopeful on my behalf though :loll:

Go on trip with your ice packs and have a good time! It's always good to get away. Taking your mind off of 'things' will be good! xoxoxo
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I guess you're right I should go really. I am better off up there. I can go for a walk safely whenever I want which I can't do at home really there is my aquacise class too and all my friends on the site! I'm going back to bed now Ellen, the meds have begun to kick in and I feel tired x x x thanks for the chats. As always entertaining and refreshing x x. Thank you x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxo
 
You'll be pleased to know. I've just had a nice long shower and I'm going to get ready now my friend. Thank you so much for your support. As we say in Birmingham you're a good'un x(you are a good person) xxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom