PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

[Bonesmart.org] My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee
Spring has finally arrived! My little cherry tree!
 
What a beautiful tree! [emoji7]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Jockette Hello. I know you and I was possibly dealing with internal swelling. I went back to your entries to find an update on your situation. Do you mind sharing how the internal swelling is going? Thanks
 
I’ve started swelling again this week with no increase in activity.... Could it be the heat?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi @MyTest I guess I must still have some inner swelling, I still have a lot of discomfort. I also think I have some mal tracking issues, so maybe that is the source of discomfort instead. Who knows.

My bend is better, though, so that’s always a good thing.

I am not yet in enough discomfort to look into a revision but I do fear it’s in my future.
 
@Hood1980 I really don’t know if heat can increase the swelling. My surgery was last March and I didn’t seem to have any surprise swelling last summer. I usually knew what caused the swelling I got.

Do you find rain and storms affect your knee? I do sometimes. We just had a quick downpour a little while ago.

The weather is supposed to cool down again starting tomorrow.
 
@Jockette Oh wow, I hope the discomfort gets better soon. Trust me, I understand.
 
@Jockette Storms do affect my arthritis but with all my knee/ankle/foot pain from my TKR it doesn’t register over that pain and I never had much swelling from it. The only other thing is I have stopped taking ibuprofen and taking Tylenol. I don’t understand what’s happening. [emoji19]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Despite ibuprofen’s reputation I take it because it helps all my other arthritis areas-other knee, spine and neck. I feel pretty bad if I don’t. I probably take more than I “should” but I am under the daily allowance. I tried meloxicam several years ago and it bothered my stomach. As always, we are all different.

I am not aware if it has ever helped the swelling I had.

Earlier in my recovery I took ibuprofen every 6 hours and Tylenol every 6 hours but I staggered them so that I was taking something every 3 hours. I was setting the alarm on my phone and using a spreadsheet app to keep track!

I stopped taking the Tylenol regularly several months ago. I only take it occasionally now.
 
Just make sure you never take the Ibuprofen on an empty stomach, won't you?
 
Yes, I always take it with food! I should have mentioned that.
 
Question:
If I suddenly had a problem with my knee and was in a lot of pain, would a new surgeon’s office fit me in fairly quickly, or could it be a long wait since I’d be a new patient.

Or,
Would it be better to go ahead and schedule a second opinion appointment before I’m in a suddenly painful situation, so that if one arises I’d have a better chance of getting in faster.
 
I'd be inclined to go ahead and schedule a second opinion appointment.
If you see this surgeon before you have a sudden, painful situation. You'll be in better shape at that time to ask questions and discuss your options.
 
I'm so glad your ROM is improving. How's your pain doing?
 
That’s what I was thinking, too.

While my bend really does seem to continue to improve, nothing else about my knee is improving at this point.

I stopped practicing going down the steps of my deck foot over foot because it was getting more painful to do it each time. The last time I did was several weeks ago, and I actually hurt my arm because I was gripping my cane so tightly and leaning so heavily on it because the knee hurt so much when I stepped down onto it, then it had to support all my weight while bent, so I could bring the other foot down onto the next step. I decided then that I don’t have to go down foot over foot. It’s not worth it.
 
I really don't think you should be having that pain at 14 months out. It might be a good idea to look for a 2nd. opinion. Your OS didn't seem to want to bother with answering any of your questions. That's a turnoff in my book!
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom