Guest viewing is limited

PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

I have a new dentist! She was very nice and definitely does not require me to take the antibiotic! She is worth the 40 drive!

When I got home I took a walk since I already had pants on and that was an overrated experience! Evidently 51 degrees is not as warm as I thought and it was windy. :hairpulling: It had been so pleasant riding home in the warm car in what appeared to be a lovely sunny day. The metal in my knee was not happy.
 
I responded to @Irelandliz and realized I should put my response here as an update:

I am 13 months now. I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel! :happydance:

I did some sewing the last few days and it’s the best it’s been yet. I can get up and down from my chair easily, get up without pushing off the chair with my arms. I can sit down with my knee bent normal, I don’t have to put my foot out giving my knee a lesser bend. I can stand at my ironing board preparing my fabric for as long as I want now. Twisting and turning in my little sewing room doesn’t bother my knee like it used to.

I am excited. :wowspring:
It took over a year to do these things.
And I thought I’d never get to this point!
 
:wowspring:you've had some good news lately: a new dentist you like, a lot less discomfort than you used to have not too long ago and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. wonderful progress.:flwrysmile:
 
Yay for you! That gives me hope! I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, but it still looks dim and and the tunnel looks long. Still, I'm moving toward that light!
 
Hope wonderful that you can sew again without pain @Jockette! Doing something we love is so healing. It sounds like you are turning a corner into the life you have worked so hard for. Congratulations!
 
What a journey you have been on @Jockette! I read your entire journey over the weekend on a sleepless night. My journey has a lot in common with yours and it makes feel a little optimistic that you are celebrating some advancements. Thank you for sharing!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I responded to @Irelandliz and realized I should put my response here as an update:

I am 13 months now. I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel! :happydance:

I did some sewing the last few days and it’s the best it’s been yet. I can get up and down from my chair easily, get up without pushing off the chair with my arms. I can sit down with my knee bent normal, I don’t have to put my foot out giving my knee a lesser bend. I can stand at my ironing board preparing my fabric for as long as I want now. Twisting and turning in my little sewing room doesn’t bother my knee like it used to.

I am excited. :wowspring:
It took over a year to do these things.
And I thought I’d never get to this point!





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thank you, @Hood1980.

So, you persevered through my whole long thread! Wow!

I know my journey is not over yet, and I honestly don’t know where it will take me, but I’m taking it one day at a time.

I hope you will soon see improvement, too. :console2:
 
@Jockette I am so so thrilled for you :yahoo: and I realise that it is so important to share these milestones for all those that have come after you and me and all the other wonderful ladies who have supported us along the way. Just so we can all hope for the same :egypdance:

That you are able to twist and turn again is just wonderful and I am definitely looking forward to that day ... I am 8 months out and I can get up unaided but am still quite stiff and sore for several seconds after I stand up straight.

Yay for you Jockette :yahoo: Yay! Yay! Yay!
 
Thanks, @Irelandliz. This journey sure is longer and more involved than I ever thought it would be!

I don’t know what I would have done without everyone here on Bonesmart!
 
Yay for you @Jockette I'm so happy that you are finally turning the corner and seeing that elusive light at the end of the tunnel. I'm so happy for you. :loveshwr:
 
Jockette - I am so happy you are seeing improvements - yours has been a long journey! It is an inspiration to me to read the positive things that are happening for you and that you see a light at the end of the tunnel. I am at 11 months and hope I too can one day see that light! Thanks for sharing.
 
What everyone else has said - so very happy you are finally seeing progress you can believe in! :yahoo:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom