PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

I had another little accomplishment today, I got out of the car comfortably without the door being wide open!!!

That’s 2 on my list!

My bowling scores today were very consistent: 102, 104, and 102. I’m happy if I get 100 or more! My ball speed is still quite a bit slower than before surgery but I don’t care about that, and I’m not throwing the same as before so that could account for a slower speed.
 
Woot Woot! Well done on three scores over 100! Consistency is so important in bowling - you'll get back to your form and speed in time. And congrats on getting out of the car more comfortably. Perhaps we can add bowling to our 9 month party and we can get some tips from you.:thumb:
 
that's great getting out of the car more comfortably and wonderful you're getting out to the sport you love and doing so well with your scores. @kmak81230 i'm in for the bowling party, the bicycle trip and that other sport we discussed that is similar to tennis but you keep the racket lower.:tennis2:
 
Jockette, seems as if you are having one milestone after another. Yea, you!! I can't imagine bowling and yet there you are rolling the ball. Do you take two or three steps and slide? I haven't bowled in years, and I'm afraid I'd have to walk to the line and double hand it at this point. Getting out of the car more easily is huge, too. Sometimes I can, but not if I've been riding or driving very long. How fun to be sewing again. I must say your cats are cute in their little dresses. My sister and I spent some time trying to get her two tabbies to sit in a huge plastic pumpkin so we could take pictures. No dice, but we got some good laughs out of it. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow when you see your OS. I so hope it goes well for you~!
 
@Jockette, given all the successes you've had lately, it might just be that your OS will be thrilled with your progress! I know you are negatively anticipating this visit, but....he may surprise you. If not, we're all in that room with you covering your back!

I'm looking forward to your update!
 
Yes, I will try to picture all of you in the room with me tomorrow.

Thank you all for your encouragement about this check up. I hope he will see these accomplishments for what they mean to me, and to all of you. I fear he will think they should have happened months ago. I am so hoping for something positive to come home with. I was discouraged and angry after my last check.

I especially like how @Polkadot worded it, that it is just a blip in my surgeon’s day, and it’s not personal! I had not thought of it that way because it is certainly personal to me. (Remember that line from You’ve Got Mail?!)

@phrog No, I don’t approach the line with steps and a slide (some people look so choreographed!) I used to do something like that but didn’t slide. Since going back after surgery, very carefully at 12 weeks, I just walk up to the line and throw, bending at the waist, not bending my operated leg. My scores are all over the place. I’ve definitely had more gutter balls since surgery! But we laugh a lot and have fun.
 
And by the way, in my opinion, the "should'ves" don't matter any more than the "would'ves" or "could'ves". What matters is what is, right now, in this moment, at this time, and we are all (again, just my humble opinion) right where we are supposed to be.
So in the words of one of my favorite mentors, "Don't should all over yourself." :heehee:
:console2: :friends:
 
I hope he will see these accomplishments for what they mean to me,
It is my belief that he may not, and that is ok. These are YOUR accomplishments, not his, and there is no way that I can see him placing the value on them that you do. This does not, in my opinion, take anything away from all the accomplishments you have made. He did the surgery, but YOU did everything else. And you are a rockstar!!!!:SUNsmile::yes!::yay:
 
@Fire wolf I know that and you know that, but does OS know that!

Oh well. 10-15 minute appointment and I’ll be history in his mind and he’ll be on to the next appointment.

Then I’ll go shopping!!! To a lovely little Amish store that has the prettiest fabric and other goodies to look at. Maybe out to lunch. ( I wish I could find the Applebee’s gift card my long distance friend sent me right after surgery since she was too far to bring dinner to me. Where did I put it back in March??:banghead:
 
It is my belief that he may not, and that is ok. These are YOUR accomplishments, not his, and there is no way that I can see him placing the value on them that you do. This does not, in my opinion, take anything away from all the accomplishments you have made. He did the surgery, but YOU did everything else. And you are a rockstar!!!!:SUNsmile::yes!::yay:

Yes, he can’t possibly really appreciate my accomplishments because he’s probably never had the surgery. But they are big to me, and to my husband also, who’s been through this whole recovery with me, as well as all of us on here.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts, they are insightful and so encouraging
to me.

I’ll report back tomorrow!
 
Remember that your surgeon is basically the skilled technician who installed your new knee. His part in it is done. He wants to see it working well, but he hasn't been through your recovery, has probably never had a surgery like that himself, and simply doesn't realise the daily grind that is recovery.
Some surgeons are more empathetic than that, but many aren't.

If he's pleased, that's good. If he's not, it won't affect your achievements at all - you have still made them, and there are more to come.

We appreciate your achievements, because we've lived through something similar.
 
Don't forget to keep your knee moving a bit while you wait. Don't let it get stiff sitting before seeing him. That's my trick at least. :)
 
So far at every appointment my knee has been uncomfortable in the waiting room chairs, then there is the uncomfortable positions they put you in for X-rays. My knee has usually been a bit upset by the time I actually see him.

Hopefully today I am healed better to handle the chairs.

Who knows how they will want the X-rays done as they differ each time. Last time they had me lay on my stomach and pulled my foot up and towards my back. She wasn’t rough but not gentle either. Then she moved the machine to hold my foot in place. I was not comfortable at all.
 
The chairs in most waiting rooms are awful; pffft! I spent a lot of time pacing those rooms and even the exterior hallway when the wait was too long. However, at my last visit, a wonderful surprise awaited, lol. Yep, the chairs magically became more comfortable, lol. Or, was it that my entire leg and knee were happier? Yes, that!:heehee:
 
@Pheebs52 Yes! I think since I did so well in the restaurant last week the chair will be better today.

It’s things like this that are so exciting to those of us who have been so limited but seem so insignificant to those who have always been able to do them.
 
Yup, pacing the waiting room works wonders as does the leg swing on the examining table for that wait as well. you will rock this @Jockette!!!
 
It's really all the little things that make such a huge difference in this recovery @Jockette! I'm feeling a really good vibe about your visit today!
 
The appointment went well!!!

I did the bending myself, he was fine with that, 114 comfortably, then he asked me if I could lean into it a bit more, I did and it was 120! He was ok with that.

No repercussions, he didn’t ask about exercises, I didn’t have to defend my different recovery approach.

He wanted to see me in 3 months but I was easily able to talk him into waiting until the one year mark.

On to life as a normal person!!!:loveshwr:
 
Huzzah, Huzzah! I'm thrilled that all your worries didn't come to pass; not only that, but he was very happy!!

:roseshwr:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom