PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

@liam2015 I did sew 2 of those little dresses, I made them for my daughter's dolls. The other was a doll sun suit that someone made for my doll when I was little and still had it so it was in the bunch with my daughter's doll things. They came in handy for dressing up our kittens!:heehee:
 
Omg - I just noticed that your kitties are dressed - how darling! I just thought they were different colors. Guess in addition to slow bending and straightening I have poor eyesight!
 
We had fun dressing them that day but getting all 3 to sit still for the picture was a challenge!
 
Jockette, it sounds as though things are really beginning to improve for you; woot! Bowling, driving more comfortably, sewing and using the pedaling contraption. Fantastic news!:dancy:
 
My pre-surgery class was a joke--it prepared me for nothing, except as @kmak81230 said, taking antibiotics before dental work for the rest of my life, getting off the opioids a few days after surgery (THAT didn't happen!), and lots of admonitions that it was going to hurt BAD, but to do the exercises anyway. We received a very nice booklet that essentially said the same things and had great photos of all the evil, evil exercises.

@Jockette, sitting and sewing is a great milestone! The sit-to-stand nature of it is good exercise, too, yet you don't focus on it as exercise--I expect that your time sewing is mostly pleasurable!

Your kittens are adorable in their outfits. Like Kathleen, I hadn't a clue that they were dressed up.
 
Last night I achieved one of my goals I listed on page 6!

I went out for dinner with a few friends and sat comfortably at the table without propping my foot up! We were at a table with wood chairs, not a booth. The height of the chair as well as the length of the seat seems to be a big factor. AND the subject of my knee never came up. I felt like a normal person!!!:wowspring:
 
Awesome Jockette! Dinner with friends comfortably and no knee conversations. Sounds like a perfect evening to me.
 
A great big KNEERAH! to you and your knee - :loveshwr::happydance:I think in the day to day grind we sometimes lose track of the incremental goals we've established earlier in this recovery. It's important to congratulate ourselves along the way . . . . Well Done!
 
So my dreaded 7 month check up is in 3 days, on Tuesday.

I wrote earlier about my set back in July and it is only in the last few weeks that I am finally feeling like I am progressing.

However I do think my surgeon is going to be concerned about my rom, especially since for the first time I am not going to let him push on my knee like he has on every post op appointment so far. My rom on my own since my set back is way less than what he pushed me to at the 10 week check and 4 month check.

I am worried about telling him no, but I’m done being pushed, and thanks to Bonesmart I now know it’s not necessary!

I’m also afraid of the question “are you doing your exercises, and, what ones are you doing? As far as their meaning of that question, I’m not doing any. But, I am doing ADL’s, grocery shopping, walking, and bowling 3 games twice a week.

I am afraid he will say I would have recovered my set back sooner if I’d kept up the exercises. I know from Bonesmart that’s not true, but he is not Bonesmart minded. I don’t know what I should reply to that, if anything.

He is really a very nice person, always pleasant. I just don’t like to go against “authority” which I have done in this case because it was in my knee’s better interest, and I have the authority of Bonesmart on my side. I just thought of that. I have the authority of Bonesmart on my side! I didn’t just not do what he said recovery wise, I made an informed decision based on the authority of Bonesmart’s wisdom and approach to recovery. I will try to hang on to that.

Thanks for “listening”! Please send any prayers and/or happy thoughts that I will be calm and able to say the right things at the time.
 
You can do it, @Jockette! Stay calm and carry on! Keep in mind that your appointment with him is just a small blip in his schedule. He may be annoyed with you, but it's not really personal, and he will be on to the next appointment, and the next, and the next.

That's great news about your successful restaurant visit with friends. I find the height and depth of the seat to be critical factors in comfort, especially if we want to stay awhile and gab. If you want to visit here in mid-Michigan, I can take you to all the places where you will be comfortable! Maybe we should create a Travelers Restaurant Guide for TKRs? We've got people from all over on here who could contribute...:giggle:
 
@Polkadot The chairs in his office have never been comfortable for me. It will be interesting to see if they are better this time with my improvements.
 
Will be sending lots of positive vibes your way! And remember, Bionic Spence would be more than happy to kick your OS's :censored: if you would need him to! :thumb:
 
@Celle
I found that thread! It’s on page 7 and it’s tagged as a revision, the title is
TKR Feel like a failure and the user name is chrisknee.

You decide if you want to post the link to that member asking. I don’t know how to do it on my phone anyway (I could if I was on a computer. )

I hope it was ok to post my negative feelings about PKR, I wish I had been told more about it in practical terms.

2 days to my check up:bolt:
 
Thank you, Jockette. I will look for the thread.

I think it was quite OK to say how you feel. We often find that people aren't told enough before they go into their surgery and to have first-hand experience can be useful.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom