My big day is April 10! I'm scared, but excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Donna @mystikfairy61 that sounds like it makes sense. I will do the pneumonia shot.
Glad you thought the catheter was a good idea. Did it hurt going in? (sorry to ask .... ew)
 
Darn right I feel lucky!! Never had even given that one a thought!! Catheter or not...I don't care I'm gonna be fixed!!! Hmmmm that didn't sound right....my hip anyway!!!

Glad your pre op went well....a lot of poking and prodding, but just one step closer!!
 
I don't know if it hurt or not, they did it after they put me under,LOL!!! But I have had a catheter before while awake and it is just pressure. Not painful at all.
 
OK , that's good to know about the catheter Donna @mystikfairy61 .
It just sounds scary to have it inserted when you are awake and over-anxious with anxiety....
ICK. They choose to do it before surgery to keep things on track so nobody has to wait if there are
issues with little pre op things on the day. I wish they would wait and do it under sedation.
But, glad it doesn't hurt. so that is one less thing to dwell on, right?
 
No catheter for my RTHR yesterday - when the scheduler called she said they don't use them anymore. Didn't mind it when I had one for my LTKR 4 years ago. Also didn't mind not having it yesterday. You're almost there:)
 
Glad you are leading the way @teakea66 !
Looking forward to your continued updates on your great progress.
:flwrysmile:
 
Well I got some scary news today from a doctor who called me about the pre-testing results.
@Josephine please help!
I tested positive for MRSA.
They called in a script for Spectroban to put in my nose for 5 days.
Then he said we test you again AFTER surgery. If its still positive, they put me in isolation.
OMG!
He said you will be breathing in a tube and the wound will be kept sterile, and low chance of getting it in the wound.
Jo, can you make me feel better that this will turn out ok? Thanks
 
@MajorHeidi....sorry you have had this news....however, I'm sure this must happen in lots of cases....I've read so much on BS about it....and I'm sure Jo will give you some good advice very soon. Thinking of you. Chrissie xxx
 
@Jamie and @RestAssured I thought I would tag you both to try to get some clarity on my pre-test MRSA colonization result. Doc prescribed Spectroban for five days, then no test til after surgery. eeeeeeek
Please advise. Thanks in advance!
 
That is definitely not the news you wanted Claire :sorry: but the main thing is that you come out of it all clear at the end of the entire process - what I mean is that you have a great functioning hip with no infections or any complications. I am thinking of you Claire :console2:
 
@MajorHeidi I'm sure all will be fine....you'll be on antibiotics and I wouldn't think that it would be a problem at all. Best of luck to you....sure you'll do great!! Remember together we stand!!
 
:angel: @MajorHeidi ,

Did the test show positive for "colonized" MRSA ? If that is the case, you don't actually HAVE MRSA, you are like a lot of the general population who are "colonized!" Colonized means isolated and using the spectrogram,and the I'V antibiotics will take care of any problems! You have a 1% chance of actually getting full blown MRSA. I had a 50/50 chance because of 6 previous MRSA infections.

I will keep you in my prayers for a problem free surgery, and getting back to the business's of living!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
RestAssured is correct. Please don't worry, hon. It sounds like your medical team is doing all the right things to protect you and your chances of having problems with an actual MRSA infection are quite slim.

I'm sorry that Jo has not been by to ease your mind as well. She is experiencing computer problems right now and is unable to get online. She'll be back soon, though!!! So tag her again if you have any concerns you would like her to address.
 
@MajorHeidi,

Don't worry. When they swabbed my nose, I asked about it. Nurse said around 50% have MRSA in their nose. They give the antibiotics as a precaution to keep any of those beasties from spreading. Remember, we have bacteria all over our body. Some good, some not so good. Beginning two days before surgery, they had me scrubbing down my body with special antibiotic wipes. I WAS CLEAN, ... I thought. But after I was nocked out they poured what I think was iodine up and down my leg. They take NO chances! Just be thankful they are checking now. Ten years ago, they did not check my nose.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom