My big day is April 10! I'm scared, but excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My surgery is April 15. I am going through days of thinking I am fine (then my hip locks up..) and days where I dred taking the step down into my home office. I also think about the future, a cruise in July where I will be walking and dancing, not dealing with daily pain in my hip, and NO LIMPING. Did I say, I hate limping.
 
Then he said we test you again AFTER surgery. If its still positive, they put me in isolation. OMG!
The only reason they would isolate someone who tests positive with MRSA is to protect the other patients in the ward!
 
@MajorHeidi This sounds like a fun trip!! I'm one of the sick ones who have watched the video and want to see my bone that they take out!! I will say though that before I found BS, I was SCARED!!! I read those who have gone before us and that really eased my fears and I am anxious to get it done and be done with the pain!! People at work think I'm nuts and act like I'm SO young and I must be scared, but I tell them about the forum I read and all the success stories and there are many youngsters getting new hips and knees. Onward and upward!!! Let's ROCK this house!!! :martini:
 
@Major Heidi @Plumberbutt @VF @HydroTechNH I have tucked in in front of you all on April 2 - only 10 days and counting - I too was so scared and in denial but this is a great place. I've read most of your stories and they helped me tremendously in dealing with that "I'm the only one feeling." I too am "sick one" who not only wants to see the bone but am hoping to stay awake for surgery. Surgeon gave his okay - just have to talk to anesthesiologist on Tuesday. May I join you all on the bobsled?
 
Hi @Me2 ! Yes join us!! Yay!
@Plumberbutt wow Wednesday! Cannot wait to hear back from you.
@HydroTechNH @Me2 and ME! will be waiting to go, and cheering!

You guys have got to be kidding about wanting to listen to the surgery. Good grief! Ick!
And, no way in the world will I watch a video until I am done, whenever that is. :)
 
Got room for one more on the bobsled. LOL. @Plumberbutt @Me2 you both have some guts wanting to see what's going on. :) I'm pretty tough but want nothing to do except be zonked during the whole thing.
 
@Josephine can you guide me on when to start the antibiotic ointment Mupricin ? My surgery is about 18 days out, and I was wondering if I should wait a few more days to begin that treatment for the MRSA, or just start right away? Thanks in advance
 
Do whatever it says on the packet. If there are no instructions, contact your surgeon.
 
Hi @Poppet I have a question for you again about Probiotics.
I ended up purchasing two different brands (Align and Culturelle). They each have a different type
of strain.
I have started out taking the Align, but wonder if it makes sense to alternate each day between the ALign and the Culturelle? Is there a benefit to that? Thanks much!
Why are you taking Probiotics does it help in the healing ??? Is there anything else I should take after
surgery ?
 
Hi @ekars2 !
I started taking Align probiotics once a day.
I do know that at surgery I will get a lot of antiobiotics, which will wipe out all the good bacteria that help us....
So, I will restart the Probiotic pill after surgery to replenish the good bacteria.
My DH had TKR, and got c. diff which is not pleasant.
The replenishment of good bacteria hopefully may help prevent a scenario like that.
@Poppet has some good articles in the library on probiotics.
 
@MajorHeidi so sorry you've had a few worrisome days. I am sure that all will be fine. I hope that the time until your surgery will pass swiftly and before you know it you and your bobsled crew will be crossing the finish line to the other side:)
 
Good luck to you all on the Bonesmartie Olympic Bobsled!! Waiting on all your recovery stories too!! Take care..Chrissie xxx
 
Hi @ekars2 !
I started taking Align probiotics once a day.
I do know that at surgery I will get a lot of antiobiotics, which will wipe out all the good bacteria that help us....
So, I will restart the Probiotic pill after surgery to replenish the good bacteria.
My DH had TKR, and got c. diff which is not pleasant.
The replenishment of good bacteria hopefully may help prevent a scenario like that.
@Poppet has some good articles in the library on probiotics.

THANKS SO Much for this Info I well get some Probiotic is any kind OK or is Align the best ?
 
Hi @ekars2 I chose to start with Align as my DH had a good experience with it. I bought Culturelle, too.
Align and Culturelle both have a good reputation; they are two different strains......
I see your surgery is April 29. Is this anterior or superpath?
 
Hi @ekars2 I chose to start with Align as my DH had a good experience with it. I bought Culturelle, too.
Align and Culturelle both have a good reputation; they are two different strains......
I see your surgery is April 29. Is this anterior or superpath?

Hi Major ,
I see your surgery is April 10 you are before me .
I well get one of the the probiotic .Do you know when you need
to stop taking to before surgery ?I have to stop my pain pills two weeks before …
I have took probiotic before but I was not thinking of taking this before surgery THANKS
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom