My big day is April 10! I'm scared, but excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@utley's mom I totally agree with your bold comment! I don't care either!!!!
I am looking forward to using these trekking poles. So glad to hear that you like them, and they
helped you.
I will check out your link.... Thanks!
 
So glad your date is soon approaching @MajorHeidi ...the waiting is by far the worst.

I've been taking probiotics with all my ABX therapy and I really believe they have helped!!!!
 
@Plumberbutt You know its funny how different OS's have different ideas about what to take when....
I take Meloxicam, too. Its also known as MOBIC.
My sheet says I can keep taking it even on day of surgery; same as Celebrex.
But, the rest of the NSAIDs have to be discontinued.
So I still will be taking mine. Boy, not taking that would really not make me happy.
When I get up in the morning I take that first thing. After about 25 minutes, all the 'other' pain
is gone. (not the hip though.....)
I have been taking Iron. That stuff isn't user friendly, is it?
 
@MajorHeidi That meloxicam is pretty good stuff and I enjoy it only once a day, I only wish I could take it up to my day, but I will deal with it I guess. I do think it helps my hip, not the "take my breath away" pain, but it still takes the edge off the hip pain for me, without it, STINKS!! I too take it first thing in morning.
As far as the Iron goes, it hasn't bothered me at all....I was SCARED to have to take that after hearing the effects it has and then having to take something to "counter" the effects....NOT fun!! Is your hip pain still off and on? Mine is and it is just so unpredictable....that has been the hardest thing for me to understand. I am more of a "common sense" type of person and I understand broke, not broke "sometimes". Oh well, it's not long for us now Major!!
 
@Plumberbutt My hip doesn't hurt a whole lot, but I have to limp pretty bad to avoid the pain.
Actually have to limp 100% of the time....
And, my ROM is really bad. Lately, it takes awhile to be able to bend/reach to pick up something from the floor.
And, it hurts when I roll over in bed; no hurt when not moving.
Do you limp?
 
Pretty much limp 100% time too!! Just was curious if you were the same? I don't hurt in bed much, I did earlier though...just depends on the night I guess. My ROM isn't the worst, again, it depends on the day and how active I had been....but then again, you are 8 years older!!!! LOL :heehee: Not much time now!!!

Had to edit to add this, like you, when not moving, life is good!! I just got up to let the dogs out and couldn't hardly walk I was limping soooo bad!!
 
Haha @Plumberbutt LOL.
Have some preop nurse meeting tomorrow to go thru what meds I am taking.
Assume all the big tests are done by GP maybe?
 
I just got home from all the Pre-Op Testing.
Had a chest xray, UTI analysis, EKG, 4 vials of blood drawn for testing, and MRSA nose swabs.
Met with a RN who asked hundreds of questions and gave me a big bag with antibacterial scrub and two sets of special antibacterial wipes to use the night before and the day of.
Told me I could take Atenolol (bp) and Prilosec on the day of. Everything else Hyzaar (bp), Mobic, and B6 to stop the day before. Must take Aspririn day of as well.
I can only think that without the Mobic(meloxicam) on the day of my entire rest of my body will ache.

She also gave me a breathing device to bring with me to the hospital. Supposed to practice with it.

She seemed to think the catheter installation presurgery would not be bad. Hmmm. :sick:
 
Not long now Claire @MajorHeidi....will be so glad when the op is over and you will not be limping and you will be able to roll over in bed....with no pain....!! Truly...you are not far away from that day. Thinking of you....the waiting is truly the worst! Take care...Chrissie xxx
 
Thanks @fulafoto Bill and @Hoppy Nanny Chrissie!
Hey, the RN asked if I wanted a pneumonia shot.
Do most people get a pneumonia shot or not? I have had a flu shot this year, but not pneumonia ever.....
Hmmmm
 
I would get it while you are there, the pneumonia shot. Mostly give to older folks, but you are (we are) at slightly higher risk due to hospitalization. Go for it!
 
Are you gonna get it too ? @VF
I am really leaning towards getting the pneumonia shot because I have had bronchitis multiple times in the past. Have GP appt on March 31 so she could give it to me.
 
Why not get it while you can...it certainly can't do any harm!! Anything you can protect yourself from can only be good....might ask about one myself...always get flu jab but never been offered pneumonia even though I'm asthmatic ! X
 
Nobody mentioned anything about a catheter to me!

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk
 
I got the pneumonia shot and was told that if you get it before age 65 you need one booster but it is good for life. I went ahead and got it but had gotten the flu vaccine before I went in. As far as the catheter my doctor asked me if I wanted the catheter or not. I didn't know I actually had a choice but I was glad I went with it. That way I didn't have to get up every hour or so to go to the bathroom that first night with all the IV fluids going.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom