My big day is April 10! I'm scared, but excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kpalms So we will be surgery buddies.
Your 2nd on April 9; mine on April 10

new to the forum. I am scheduled to have my left THR on my birthday march 17th. I have been dealing with this issue for years with all the classic symptoms. I limp and cant walk long distances because I have bone on bone pain. I am so scared of surgery and just hope for the best? any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciate. good night to all.

@teejay1 We will do fine, I just know it!
You are three weeks in front of me, and I have been stressing over this for months myself.
I am getting to the point of believing that it will be okay, and understanding that I have no
control over this, so there is nothing to gain by stressing further over it.
This is considered the most successful surgery there is.
Which hospital are you having surgery in by the way? I know several on here in the Atlanta
area that are very successful stories.....

Things are moving forward....
The scheduler called and lined me up with two preop appointments, and the first
post op appointment for 14 days after the surgery.
Onward and upward!

It will be easier than you think, but the waiting.... There was no easy way through that!

I hated counting the days before surgery, it was such a relief once I walked into the hospital on the day.

When I was in pre-op and changed into the hospital gown, handed over my street clothes in the big white plastic bag, it was like I'd handed over all my problems and responsibility to this hip business. It felt like a burden of mine was going to be taken care of by all head other people....it was great!

And I hope you you'll find the same relief, after the damn waiting is over lol

I just am so grateful for all the support on here. It is just amazing how I think that I am alone with all my symptoms, just to find that I'm not alone!! So thankful to you all and the kind words of wisdom from Briggieride!! I just can't wait to get this darn thing fixed!!

@teakea66 Your date is coming up the week before mine. How are you feeling? You ready to get on with it?
:)

Hi @Poppet I have a question for you again about Probiotics.
I ended up purchasing two different brands (Align and Culturelle). They each have a different type
of strain.
I have started out taking the Align, but wonder if it makes sense to alternate each day between the ALign and the Culturelle? Is there a benefit to that? Thanks much!

Hi there @MajorHeidi, sorry honey, I have no knowledge of these brands - remember, different countries, different products, different names :)

However, if you list the actual live microorganisms in each I can answer - thanks hon :)

@Poppet I checked the two boxes for the Probiotics:
1) Bifodobacterium infantis
2) Lactobacillus GG (also it says contains prebiotic Inulin which lists chicory root extract)
I am curious if I should take one box all the way til done; or maybe try alternating day?

Thanks!

@MajorHeidi --

I am so excited for you!!!!!

Today, I picked up a pair of trekking poles with rubber tip things.

I've been using poles for 7 years -- they enabled me to postpone surgery until now!!!! I recommend
http://www.walkingpoles.com/content/view/58/51 because in a pinch you can also use one as a cane. They will do wonders for your posture. They seem to be popular in Europe and I guess in Oz per @Poppet, but they sure aren't in the USA. I think I am the only person in my city who uses them, but the great thing about getting old and crippled is
I DON'T CARE WHAT I LOOK LIKE OR WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS!:yay:

You go girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads