Ankle My bad ankle

Praise God! OS said that the bone splits aren't increasing, so no surgery! I'm to wear the cast for at least 3 more weeks, when I see him again, and continue to be non weight-bearing on my foot. I found out today that this new OS has done tkr on knees without kneecaps! He and the hospital are about 1/3 of the distance that my now tkr doctor is. Now, I have to research this new guy and then do a lot of praying! Thank you for all your prayers!
 
You and me, too, Marian! How are you feeling? Have thing settled down with your daughter?
 
I'm so glad your bones are starting to heal, Paula. No cast is a good thing. :happydance::yes!:
 
@Celle, I'm still in a cast for at least 3 weeks, but no surgery!
 
I'm so glad to know that you don't need surgery. I hope the three weeks pass quickly for you.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk
 
Thank you, Alex. I'll be so glad to walk again. I was so enjoying my new knee and now I can't even walk on it at all. I am doing a lot of leg lifts, hoping to not lose the quad strength that I had gained.
 
You aren't going to gain or lose a lot of strength in three weeks. My suggestion would be to skip the leg lifts and let your body focus its energy on healing. You have the rest of your life to build quad strength.
 
OK, I will stop them. The rest of my body is getting plenty of a workout just hopping on my walker!
 
I meant no surgery, Paula, but I got confused. Things are a bit hectic at our house today, with the painter and 3 builders here, all wanting to talk and then making noise and mess. It will all be all right in the end, but for now it's chaotic.
 
That's OK, Celle. I don't know how you can keep sane with all you have going on! I hate when I have to move furniture to shampoo my carpet. I can't imagine having all that construction work going on! But, it will be so worth it when it's all done.
 
Paula, while you are there, don't forget to get a script for the scooter!!
 
I have decided against getting the scooter. It's supposed to be delivered today, but Amazon said I could refuse it. I've gotten some help and gotten things out of the way so I can now get into my bedroom with my wheelchair, then in turn, my bathroom since it's off my bedroom.

When I was at my OS yesterday, he offered a prescription for a knee scooter and I told him my experience with that thing last week. My knee is still not right. Of course, that could be from the fall on it, too, and the scooter has just aggravated it.
 
$548, unless that charge me to ship it back. It'll still be worth it!
 
Good news for not needing surgery. Good idea to stop the leg lifts. I can't help but suspect that might have strained your cracked ankle bones, which could have led to other problems. You don't need that. Fascinating news on the new OS. Closer to home and experience in your particular challenges. It sounds like a "sign" to me.
 
Thank you, Jean. I never thought about the leg lifts harming my fibula breaks. I was just thinking about my quads and not losing what I had gained after working them after the rtkr. I have quit all leg lifts and am doing not much of anything except daily duties.

I still haven't researched this new OS since my ltkr will be a ways off now. If the reviews aren't good, then I'm right back to the OS that I know is good! I think he did a great job on this old banged up knee of mine! I'm very happy with the results of his surgery.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom