THR Mission Accomplished in H-Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hello BoneSmarties!! Long time no see. My recovery has been quiet and thankfully uneventful so I haven't had anything to report. Just thought I'd pop my head up.

Today is Day 19. I hadn't been outside for a walk since the cold-snap. (Haha, I know, the Canadians must be laughing hysterically at what passes for cold weather in Houston.) I couldn't wait any longer, so today I braved the elements. Didn't take my cane, but I did carry my nordic poles and used them on the return leg. I was able to go a bit further and at a faster pace, so I'm happy with the results. No pain or twinges.

[Bonesmart.org] Mission Accomplished in H-Town


I started cutting the Norco in half with my first dose today. If this week goes well at that dosage, I think I will be ready to dump it for just plain Tylenol in the day and the 5mg dose for sleeping. The test drive with my home health aide last week went great, so as soon as I'm done with the pain pills I'll be freeeee! :driver:

The remainder of the day is laundry and napping.

Cheers!
 
@PhatTxDiva WOOT! WOOT! so glad to hear you are doing well and things have been uneventful. :yes!: I agree with the cold comment, I have family in Michigan and try not to mention we have "cold" here, when I know they are really suffering. That darn jet stream needs to stay way up north, this is too early for cold!!! And scientists say we have global warming...not here.
 
Girrrlllll @texasvet, I am so ready to just accept my wimp status and light the fireplace! :rotfl:
 
Cold, what's cold????? We've had a 36C or 97F degree day already this spring, it's been really lovely generally though - blue skies, soft breeze, 25C or 80F perfect! Of course, stinking hot will arrive sometime soon, sigh. I'm just taking my pooch for a walk, several people have commented that he's looking a little portly, he hasn't been getting much exercise while I've been "off". I suppose I'm lucky I haven't put on any weight, though my reaction to being told I had would have definitely been different to Rocky's, he just looks at them and gives a virtual shrug:rotfl:
Glad your recovery continues to be "uneventful" @PhatTxDiva , that is what we all want really. I've found Tylenol to be plenty, I was a bit nervous going off the Tramadol for night time, but it didn't make any difference. I take Tylenol in the morning (I'm a bit stiff and that's when I do my stretches) and a dose to go to bed, could probably drop that, and will when I'm allowed to sleep anywhere but on my back!! as I should be more rested then
Catch ya
Donna xx
 
There is no good reason for this photo. Just a quick demonstration that I am giving my body all that it wants for recovery . . . and right now it wants strawberries and cream. :loll:And I dare not argue with my body, lest it hit me with charley horse or something.

[Bonesmart.org] Mission Accomplished in H-Town
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm-mm Looks good:hugzz: Anyway strawberries ARE good for you, full of antioxidants and vitamins, and they're low GI (low 20's compared with 100 for watermelon... who'd have thunk it:loll:) ...the cream on the other hand, ah well, a little bit of what you fancy never did you any harm:SUNsmile:
 
Hi @PhatTxDiva - the strawberries and cream looks delish!!! Sounds like you are having a very smooth recovery! so glad to hear!!
 
@PhatTxDiva

Well look at you tearing up the neighbourhood! Stay with the cane for a couple more weeks especially outside....you do not want a limp again!

So glad to hear you are doing so well!

Cheryl
 
Day 23 . . .
I lifted my foot up on the bed and put on my sock . . . like a normal person. :yahoo:

It's the little things in life, you know.
 
Interesting, I would love to hear his entire story, but alas, he's a celebrity and I'm positive my email would go unanswered.

https://generationiron.com/ronnie-coleman-back-gym-hip-surgery/

"Yeah Buddy, 3 months out from double total hip replacement and I'm already doing leg presses. Of course it's light weight baby but I'll be back to 2300 lbs in no time."
 
Yaaasssssss! That would have been a sight to behold. :yes: I catch glimpses of him at the Olympia Expo each year. Still looking good even though not competing.
 
Jealous of the sock thing @PhatTxDiva, another 31 days until I'm allowed to bend to TRY and put a sock on it:rotfl:
Then again, I don't really need socks on, it being blinding sunshine, blue skies and all :loll:"You gets what you gets and you don't complain"
Donna xx
 
Hello @PhatTxDiva haven't heard from you lately. How is the recovery going??? Hope you are not back to work yet.:tiredwheel:
 
Hi @texasvet and all who may grace this thread! I'm here lurking about. Just have nothing to really report. Recovery is still uneventful. *knock on wood*

I'm leaving shortly for my 2nd follow-up with the OS, then later at 1:30p I have my first visit with the PT. My OS doesn't require PT, but I'm still kind of paranoid about what I can and cannot do, so I want to be evaluated thoroughly as well as share with him what I typically do in the gym and get a definitive yea or nay.

I'll be going back to work on next Monday, Dec 8. :groan: I've thoroughly enjoyed this time off just for the mental relief from office issues.

I'll check in later this evening. Hopefully I'll get copies of my x-rays to share.

Cheers!
 
@PhatTxDiva I hope you are doing a Phased return to work! I was working from home at 4 weeks and at 6 weeks out went back to the office 2 days. Tried to do far too much too soon and had to scale back. The energy drain sneaks up on you so please take things easy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom