THR Mission Accomplished in H-Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PhatTxDiva let us know how the follow-up goes. It's great that recovery has been uneventful!!!! Isn't that the best kind. Sorry to hear about work :rolleyes:, but you are probably getting bored. Hope you have the leeway to take it easy and leave early if you need to.
 
I'm baaaacckkkkk. :curtsey:

I have received my "Go ahead and continue with your new life and I'll see you in a year" release from the OS!! w00t!!:happydance:

Visit with the PT went okay. This is the same PT I used last year, so we were already familiar with each other. Apparently even though I don't have a limp, I am somehow throwing my left hip out to the side when I walk. After a bit of poking/prodding/measuring, he thinks it's because of my LLD. This didn't really concern me since I had already been warned of this possibility. It's weird though because I don't feel off balance. Later we'll be looking at a heel lift for my left shoe. The stretching and exercises felt really good. They were really simple with no abductions or clamshells included.

I did receive a disk with my x-rays. Unfortunately, I incorrectly buttumed that it would just be the images. It is actually some sort of Windows viewer program and the images are either hidden or packed up in some sort of library. I'm going to have to go through the pain of re-installing Windows to be able to use it. Not too happy about that. One wonders why they don't just export the images. Windows makes me do this --> :banghead: and feel like this. --> :badspidy:(I feel like I should be using the term sooky lala somewhere in here. :heehee: )

@Jaycey, no, I have no plans to do a phased return to work. I just can't wait any more. It's month-end close again and year end is fast approaching. I shouldn't have any trouble leaving early and working from home if really necessary. As well, I have 3 vacation days to use or lose before Dec 31, so I could always use them a couple of hours at a time. But as long as I remain on FMLA, I can't work at all and it's totally stressing me out since my boss did not want to get a temp. Yes . . . I've been out of the office six weeks with only one, already overworked, coworker trying to help me as best as she can.

I think I'll be okay. If I really feel drained to the point where I can't even drive, I'm sure I can just go in the "new mom's" room and lie down.

Wish me luck!
 
Okay, now that I've figured it out, I've decided that I like the disk. It includes all the x-rays taken in the OS' office, both befores and afters.

So without further delay . . . on this very page . . . my naked insides! :)

P.S.: I wonder how much the implant weighs. *off to Google*
Edit: Nevermind, just found Josephine's thread.



[Bonesmart.org] Mission Accomplished in H-Town

[Bonesmart.org] Mission Accomplished in H-Town
 
@PhatTxDiva Congratulations Angela :egypdance::yes!:
It was only late October that you had your operation and now about to go back to work. THATS GREAT !!!
I wish you and your new hip a happy future together. Wow! I'm so happy for you.
Keep posting from time to time.
Good luck......Jeff
 
Well nice to hear you're going so well @PhatTxDiva!!! I can't believe it's been six weeks! I mean I should know, I'm at nine weeks on Friday, three more weeks of restrictions, sigh. I'm back at work though... no getting away with that one:snork: The building industry here winds up over Christmas (the summer holidays/vacation for schools starts the week before Christmas and ends in the first week of Feb so lots of Tradies take family time over that period) we take about four weeks, this year we're finishing on 16th Dec and going back 12 Jan only because we got begged, bullied and cajoled to work on the Monday and Tuesday (15th &16th) and we're nice people who think other people should be able to swim over the Christmas break :swim: so we do "our bit" to help.. oh and they pay good:rotfl:
Love the Sooky La La reference :yes!: You "chucked a sook" for nothing you "silly galah" and then worked out how to get to your Xrays, "good on ya" "bewdy mate":rotfl: Good lookin' prosthesis you have there, Missy (now there's a chat up line I bet you never thought you'd hear!) So back to work you go - my eldest son's mantra is "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go" :loll:- I know how stressful it can be NOT being at work... especially if it's all going to be there waiting for you when you eventually get back. I put off my 4th July surgery date because our End of Financial Year is 30 June and I knew that I wouldn't be able to "do" the EOFY stuff early in my recovery... and as I'm self employed a temp was not an option either:heehee:

It's good that you've got some days in hand, if you need to use them do that... otherwise you'll end up needing more time off to pick back up. Your boss sounds like he's flexible so that's comforting, and there's always that new mum's room:sleep:

Keep us posted on how you go, hopefully it will be just as uneventful as the rest of your recovery, PERFECT!
Sending Hugs, Donna :loveshwr::wave:
 
Holy buckets!!! I just received the EOB for the hospital . . . just the hospital, doesn't include the surgeon or the anesthesiologist.

Amount Billed: US$70.5K
Amount Covered: US$39.3K
Amount I Owe: US$64.58 <---- *I am all teeth!!!* :snork:
 
Wowsers @PhatTxDiva I don't like the sound of those invoices!! I actually have all my unpaid invoices (not just medical, all the horrors!) in a folder I've labelled "Bills... wish they were his" (as in Bill's) d'ya get it? do ya??) I wrote that label over 20 years ago and it still applies... bet you wish your's were his as well. I'm so glad not to have that debt to pay, I think there's enough stress in the mix already, but I have "been there done that" so I can truly empathize, and like I always say "it is what it is", you'll pay it off and as it's been such a success for you, you'll still consider it a good investment I'm sure
We had private health cover until I had cause to use it for something "big" ... we (apparently like you) cannot insure "the gap" and my out of pocket expenses were phenomenal so we stopped paying private insurance (used the premiums to repay our out of pockets instead,:snork:)
In Australia you pay 1% of your income to Medicare (the Public Health System) If you don't have Private Health Cover you pay an additional 1.5% if your income is over a certain amount... ours is and we pay - we do so willingly because we feel we get good value for money; this operation for example has cost me nothing, nada, zero. I paid for the OS visits prior to surgery, but got about half back on Medicare, same with Xrays etc. Post op visits covered fully by Medicare. I had a single room in a very nice hospital, I was sent home with an over toilet seat, shower chair and crutches to use for the duration, and a wedge cushion and dressing stick to keep... again cost $0. I share this information not to brag, but to point out why we think it's a good system and why I get so irritated when people talk it down; and believe me they do. There is always talk too of how long the waiting lists are in the Public System, but I have found if you need it you get it; I only had to wait nine days for this op, nine days for my gallbladder removal and going back to my hysterectomy (as it was for CIN 2 or pre cancer) I put them off so I could have a holiday first!! so I waited six weeks.
Well that's enough of my ranting... it is a "pet" subject of mine though so it doesn't take much to set me off:tantrum2:

I don't know why, but when you said about using your Xrays on your dating profile (I'd be careful, you might get all the pervy Joint Replacement fetish types interested :shocked:) it made me think of an billboard ad we had here years ago for a Bra company... a very curvaceous young lady wearing one of said company's bras was staring doe-eyed at the camera, and the caption read "and by the way, my eyes are blue" I used to drive past it every day on my way to work and for some reason it made me smile... maybe because I'm less than 5'2" and have big boobs that always seemed to draw attention from men (I was young!!) it showed because they had to look down at them, when you're as short as I am it couldn't be done subtly:heehee:... and by the way, my eyes are BROWN:rotfl:

Talk to you later
Donna :loveshwr:
 
I know! It's crazy right? As much as I love my country, we do some really stupid stuff. I am extremely lucky to have decent insurance. Otherwise, I'd be at the hospital billing office working out a payment plan for that $70.5K. With this $64.58 for the hospital and everything else added in since beginning the process in July, I'll pay around $1,500 which I think is my out-of-pocket maximum. Additional co-payments that don't apply to the out-of-pocket max and the cost of the home health aide are probably another $900 or so.

Even though this amount made my budget kind of tight, I am EXTREMELY fortunate. Hopefully some day we can evolve and actually move to a single payer system. Or, I guess I could move to a more hospitable place like Australia. I e-know some really cool people there. :snork:
 
@PhatTxDiva so happy for you and your beautiful X-rays. Looking good my friend. As for work ease into it. Don't overdo it. 8 years ago I was in a bad accident and I pushed to go back to work. I now realize the necessity to rest after surgery. So ease into it like Jaycey said. You dont want to miss out on your Joint Replacement fetish suitors. :rotfl:

You are doing so great at 6 weeks. Keep rocking it.
 
@PhatTxDiva, You are doing great! Love the hardware, it is a lovely thing isn't it, and just think, we all have like devices. :)
Tomorrow marks 7 for me. I go back to the OS on December 30th. I am healing nicely if I do say so myself.
I have been having some down in the dumps days. I do not think that is all about the surgery. I lost my husband of 37 years a little over a year ago and then was kind of forced out of my job of almost 33 years. So, I am really feeling a loss on many levels.
Medical bills arriving almost daily and so far, like you I am short of money but insurance has been paying much of it. What is killing me are the COBRA insurance premiums. But thankful to have insurance.
But you know what? I am going to *walk* through it all. Aww, heck, think I will speed walk!
 
{{{{ @PamelaJane }}}} In the wake of such loss, you have risen to the top! I'm sure your hubby has been watching over you through your entire journey. :)

OMG, I had to use COBRA once back in the early 90s. I was earning diddly-squat at the time. The payments were like $400 per month. Just awful.

But you know what? I am going to *walk* through it all. Aww, heck, think I will speed walk!
Yeeessssss!!! Stepping lively, with your head held high and no pain. :walking:
 
Is that what those are called? Groin twinges! My gosh, those are funny feeling. And you cant stop them either. Once they start, they have to finish on their own. Kinda like labor and pushing, you can't stop it! Lol.
I am really enjoying your posts
PhatTxDiva. Keep up the good work!
 
Just got some bling in the mail!! :cool:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Mission Accomplished in H-Town
    20141210_221342small.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 201
Amount Billed: US$70.5K, Amount Covered: US$39.3K, Amount I Owe: US$64.58
:shocked: As a person who has experienced healthcare in both the US and the UK, I consider myself SO lucky to be able to have this amazing surgery and not go home with major pain in my wallet!
 
As a Canadian, I consider myself extremely lucky to have not one but two major surgeries in the last 6 months and the only monies we are out of pocket are parking fees at the hospitals.

@PhatTxDiva ---- you are doing exceptionally well but remember to keep hydrating! Very important as you are expending more energy!

Have a great day!

Hugs from snowy Canada!

Cheryl
 
Today is Day 47 . . .

Okay, so I’ve been back at work for a week. I have a desk job doing legal billing so the most physically strenuous thing I do all day is run to the printer. :type:

At the beginning of the week, I had a bit of groin pain, but nothing major. It seemed to be in line with what others have experienced at this stage of recovery.

By the end of the week, I felt awful. Everything hurt . . . EVERYTHING . . . fingers, shoulders, right knee, left ankle, shin splints, lower back, left shoulder blade. Everything EXCEPT my hip!!! Bwahahahaaaaaa! :loll:

So Friday night, I rebuilt the nest and stayed there all weekend with my ice pack and heating pad. Did nothing on Saturday and only light stretching on Sunday.

Today I feel great! It's as if last week never happened. Work today was a breeze. Walked the mall at lunch for .93mi with ease. Sitting here now typing without a twinge.

Go figure. :shrug:

[Bonesmart.org] Mission Accomplished in H-Town
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom