THR Mission Accomplished in H-Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody!!! *waves furiously*

@craftdee @CanukTriMom @shrinkette @2 for Jeff @xtina16405 @Jaycey @Poppet @bottomshollow @Josephine @toohip @Carriemay60 @Getnfit @aly @texasvet @sub36 @theweezyone @cj19mann @PamelaJane @tmusicman @MajorHeidi @CivicAngel @Hoppy Nanny @Was_86 @bobbi

Hope everyone is doing well. If I missed your name, charge it to my head and not my heart! My brains are a bit scrambled from my first week back at work.

I miss you guys! :roseshwr:

[whisper]I also really miss my chocolate-filled nest! :heehee: [/whisper]
 
Take it easy back at work Angela, the ole energy drain can hit us quite hard x
 
So nice to hear from you Angela, @PhatTxDiva ... sounds like you're doing great; so happy for you :happydance: I hope last week was an isolated event, seems like you're already trekking better than last week so I'm sure that's the case :yes!:

Just remember you're not fully healed yet, so don't pack that nest up yet... and it's a nice "excuse" to eat some Choclit!! (as if one needs an excuse:wink:)

Be good to yourself, and have fun... I'm sure it's possible to do BOTH :rotfl:

Donna:loveshwr:
 
@PhatTxDiva :martini: Waving furiously back at ya! Happy to hear you are doing well after a weekend of rest. Surprised you fought the crowds to "walk the mall" during lunch. I have my date, 22DEC. New hip for Christmas. Mine should only go as well as yours did. I'll be very happy. Take care.
Beth
 
I used ice packs for a number of weeks sitting on them at work - helped immensely :)
 
@PhatTxDiva

Hi there! Sounds like you are getting around nicely! Yes whenever you feel like you have overdone it...go back to basics!

Just wanted to wish you a wonderful Holiday Season filled with some fine chocolate goodies. Hope Santa was really good to you this year!:santaclap::santawave::box:

Cheryl
 
@PhatTxDiva just wondering how you are doing? Work OK? How's that new hip cooperating?
 
Hi @Jaycey and all who may grace this thread! :wave:

Today is January 29. Exactly three months since the big "slice, chop, and hammer" event!!!

On the one hand, "it's ONLY been 3 months", but then on the other hand, "it's been 3 WHOLE months"!!! :happydance:

I feel pretty good despite work being a pain in my neck. Bwahahaaaa. [I should have been born rich instead of cute.] I have been doing a bit of outpatient PT, but I think I'll make my appointment next week my last. While I do enjoy the stretching, I think I've made as much progress as I can with him and will be fine on my own now. I think the hip is doing great and I feel that I'm ready to get back to my regular training level.

Also, I don't believe the leg length discrepancy the PT first reported is real. I'm walking fine now with no limping. In hindsight, I believe it was too early in my recovery for him to have made that conclusion so I am going to forgo the heel lift for now. I'll revisit it with the ortho at my 1 year follow-up.

I sincerely hope that everyone is doing well in their recoveries. If you're just starting out, trust me, it does get better!
So now the harder work begins . . . only five months until swimsuit season. :upright:
 
Good to hear from you Angela @PhatTxDiva ! Sounds like you are doing very well for only 3 months out!

I think your approach to LLD is a good one. Your surgeon can check this on your post-op x-ray but the body has a great way of ignoring this and in many cases the feeling just disappears.

Good luck with your training!
 
@PhatTxDiva ... boy, do I love your sense of humor and your approach to your recovery. It sounds to me like you're doing just fine and listening to your body. That's the key to success! You're gonna own it!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom