THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

Thanks @Miss Muffet - I am so important that they lay on a Jazz Festival in Cheltenham every year on my birthday! We saw Guy Garvey yesterday and he was brilliant

Definitely sneak in a sneaky latte - always good to do - l'm more of a flat white myself!

Had I had the jolt a few weeks ago, I would have been mortified, but it was my own carelessness and it seems ok, if a bit stiff. I have had the best nights sleep since I came home, so that has helped

Hope the pond discussions don't get too deep ...

Enjoy your weekend
Peter
 
@PS46 and @Miss Muffet, I think it's just a learning curve in adjusting to our new bionic parts. Our bodies are different now...no getting around that. In the short term, there's soft tissue healing, bone accepting the implant, etc and in the long term the adjustment of our hips, backs, knees and all the associated muscles to the new way we carry ourselves post surgery.
Luckily, as time goes on, we can do more and more. The horrible pain we experienced pre surgery is gone (yaay!) and the things that bother us say...in week 2 or 6 or 4 months, 6 months, etc generally don't continue to bother us long term. It's very much about finding balance and listening to our bodies. It's not always easy, but it's doable and it's so much better than it was before our THRs. :)
 
@DeepBreath - yes, spot on. It is SO easy to overlook what has taken place. Similarly, when I had a radical hysterectomy several years ago I was lucky enough to have microsurgery so was left with 4 tiny scars (which I cannot even see now) all very tidy and very successful. However I was warned that because there was little to see on the surface I should not overlook all the internal embroidery. Same applies here. I gaze at a nice neat scar and honestly cannot really take in that I have a couple of new spare parts inside which are worthy of a spot of consideration!
 
Grand Tour to the garden centre yesterday went well. I was sensible this time using my crutches, which was me being a lot smarter – by the end of the day I had clocked up nearly 1000 steps. Amazing how they add up. I’ve decided to note my steps from now on to see if I’m improving.

Got home and had a Tellyfest – only thing being exercised was my thumb

Mr M set to in the kitchen making a roast dinner. He must have been in there hours. Beef and all the trimmings – which involved Yorkshire pudding. So for a rookie he had set himself a challenge. Sadly it didn’t turn out well. You can take the man out of Yorkshire, but you can’t take the Yorkshire out of the man.
And he’s from Yorkshire ….. :whistle:

The recipe was for 12 servings (he clearly overlooked this) did a bit of substituting and improvising which included amongst other things 3 large duck eggs, a pint of milk and about half a pint of goose fat …. It was never going to be stunning. :chinstroke:

The result was a charred Frisbee which clearly weighed a ton as I watched him slide it into the kitchen bin. Bit of a waste really as had we needed any roofwork done it would have substituted for a tile quite nicely

He’s not thrilled. Retired to the sofa with a glass of wine and fell into an exhausted sleep. Threatened to spend all of today in the kitchen practising and perfecting the technique. I successfully persuaded him that there are more pressing things to be done in the greenhouse on a Bank Holiday. So he’s no longer on suicide watch.

As far as I’m concerned I have been given a free pass to sleep on my operated side. That was 2 days ago and I still haven’t done it. Partly because I’ve become so used to back sleeping – and partly because it would feel illegal! (Weird eh?)
 
Hi @Miss Muffet :rotfl: the visual of Mr. M stealthily sliding a big charred disc of inedible pudding into the bin is hysterical!
Here in the South US we have a saying: "Bless his heart" (or hers or theirs...). It gives us a free pass to go ahead and say whatever about the person. It's really a versatile phrase. It can allow us to make a complaint without it sounding harsh.
For instance, "How sweet of Mr. M to make the roast and trimmings, but bless his heart, his Yorkshire pudding was a disaster!" Bless his heart, he was trying to do something nice for you! And so on it goes. :heehee:
You had my mouth watering at roast and trimmings part!
Glad the garden center trek was a good one. How are the pond discussions going? We have always wants a pond here but I've been afraid of attracting too many undesirable critters. What do y'all have in the greenhouse? It's going to be late for a garden this year but I'm sure hoping with this new hip I'll be up to fixing up the yard and garden for next year.
It seems a good idea to track steps. A good way of seeing improvement. I use the Pacer app on my phone but folks rave about their Fit Bits. Might be worth the investment for recovery, especially for you with another hip to go. :hiking::walking::treadmill:
Wonderful to see you here this morning! Have a beautiful day! :SUNsmile:
 
Ha ha! @TriciaGP - know what you mean about undesirable critters ..... our pond and little brook are what we inherited when we moved here a year ago. It had been neglected but contained some fish so we removed the net, gave it a good clean and replanted it. Then the heron came and scoffed all the fish ...... we started again with some new stock but then this spring were overridden with frogs and toads who moved in and took over. They proceeded to treat the pond like they owned it, sliding down the waterfall like it was a flume at a water park and terrorising the fish. So we spent hours catching about 100 of the little blighters and relocating them to a pond a few miles away. :froggies::froggies::froggies::froggies::froggies::froggies::froggies:
The greenhouse is more like a success story and is full of plants ready for the hanging baskets and hay-baskets. Petunias, lobelias, fuchsias, as well as salads, runner beans, tomatoes, herbs etc etc. Cannot wait to see everything flourishing - and being out in the sunshine enjoying the garden again.
Lovely to see you too - hope you're doing well! :friends:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Miss Muffet your description of Mr M attempting yorkshires had me in tears of laughter! Since I too live with a Yorkshireman I have witnessed the same attempt - with an identical result. Tons of ingredients used and not a yorkshire to be eaten. I say frozen works!

Get some ducks. They will get control of those frogs in an instant! And BTW - a fake heron stood next to your pond will keep others away. I was sceptical - but it works!
 
@Jaycey, LOL! :)
@Miss Muffet, good points! Even though our incisions are something new and a bit alarming at first, they really don't speak of all the stuff that goes into a THR, especially as they heal quite quickly but the inner stuff takes much longer.
Oh my goodness...the story of Mr. Muffet's Dinner Adventure was hilarious! The roof tile comment had me :rotfl:
Are you a writer by trade? If not, you should be. I love reading your posts!
 
Oh my goodness, @Miss Muffet , I love reading your posts as well. Your way with words just brings a smile to my face. You've mentioned your plants before - but I have no idea what 'lovelies' are.....but they sound lovely! Picture? ~ ~ Oh - to have a man who is willing to tackle cooking an entire meal. You have to give him credit for that. Having just replacing our roof, I did appreciate your description! ~ By the way, you were so kind to share your pre-op info, etc. - I am just wondering if you could answer another question for me: Where would one post - or find - general questions one might have? For example - shower aids, sleeping on the couch, pillow needs, etc. - Thank you....you've been such a help so far.
 
@Nana2-8 - :rotfl: Flipping' autocorrect - 'lovelies' are actually lobelias (but actually very lovely!) I've adjusted that now for horticultural authenticity :flwrysmile:take note @TriciaGP)
and look, Jaycey has answered your prayers. :angel:
@DeepBreath - noooo, I just find life in general amusing (but thanks):thumb:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Jaycey - Don't let on ......
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
 
:heehee: Gotta love autocorrect! @Miss Muffet your greenhouse sounds awesome! :rofsign:With the visual of a frog water park slide in your garden! Then relocating them! Sounds peaceful. Now I have somewhat of an idea what a Yorkshire pudding looks like. Is it a pastry and do you put filling in it?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom