THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

I make Yorkshire puddings from the my dad's (and I think really his mum's) Be-Ro recipe book. It's a post-war version from when rationing was still in force and so the recipe's "2 eggs" is firmly scored out and "FOUR eggs" written in instead!
 
My sweet @Miss Muffet, I haven't received any alerts that you've posted (I figured you had left the country for some far off internet free exotic island in the Pacific Ocean)! :heehee:

You always bring such sunny days to my world! I'm so happy you're doing so well with your recovery and your bright outlook on life has much to do with it I'm sure. Sending you thank yous for brightening my day and prayers for a continued easy recovery! Thanks buddy...:friends:
 
@Miss Muffet - My non-op hip grumbled as well after I got #1 done. There was relief, but I knew #2 had to go before I could really forge ahead with recovery. Even now, I have to be careful not to go back to old compensating habits that aren't necessary anymore.

Your greenhouse sounds just beautiful! Would love to see photos if you felt up to it sometime. :flwrysmile:

Keep up the great work with your recovery. Sounds like you are balancing everything out really well. :yes:
 
:yay: HERE I AM! :wave:
Not disappeared anywhere chaps ..... just seem to have had a hosepipe secretly attached every night while I'm snoozing and had all my energy syphoned off (without even getting my permission) so been forced to do a spot of this :chillpill:
Consequently feel all behind on BS and very neglectful. So @Readysetgo am actually not going completely by the rulebook - but look at our @Cynthia777, for goodness sake this girl is unstoppable! I'm getting back to some deskwork and stepping up my steps AND we're experiencing a miracle mini heatwave over here in The Old Country so have been outside, rather than cooped up absorbing endless Telly. And Readyset, because the weather has perked up, the greenhouse has been emptied of the plants which are going to make up the hanging and hay baskets and chimney pots. So .. Work in progress - but I can let you see some previous results. So watch this space for later in the summer when I hope we'll have some more to show .....
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
 
WOW what a gorgeous garden! I'll bet you can't wait to get out there each and every day! I plan on spending a good part of my recovery on our deck. The weather is just getting to be consistently great....sunny & mid 70s....my favorite! Took this picture a couple of weeks ago from my chair. Now much more green! And of course, that's our Baby Jax on lizard patrol :)

So glad your recovery is coming along so well.... And just another Thank You for your shining example and inspiration. The people on this forum are so amazing! It's like we've know each other a long time. Very Special :)
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
[Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
 
@Miss Muffet what a beautiful peaceful yard. Definitely re-energizing just being in that space! Good for you stepping up your steps and getting outside. Working in such a beautiful garden has to be healing! @Cynthia777 as a Calif native I love Joshua trees and I miss the high desert just as much as the beach. But the green here in MS is unending. Even when the yard is a mess ( like now) it's green! @Readysetgo those old habits and compensating postures/gaits are proving tough. It's a matter of concentrating on every step to make sure its a new gait to match the new hip. Hugs all! :cheers::friends:
 
@TriciaGP @Miss Muffet @Cynthia777 @Nana2-8 I totally agree!!!It is SO time we get our lives back!! Mine is pretty much moaning to bathroom and back right now. :gaah:

Nature is definitely healing and soothing. I never get tired of the sound of the water rushing by. It's my slice of paradise :) but I do love to visit the desert. Late hubby and I spent some wonderful times out West. My Tommy has never been West of the Mississippi! That's something we had planned for this summer but OA hip took care of that! Getting Our Lives Back. Love those words! Here's another picture of a view from my chair. Granddaughter Taylor (my heart) tubing down our little river with her cousins. She also loves to trout fish in her jammies! She will be here to visit first week and of June.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
    FB_IMG_1456189906023.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 241
  • [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
    FB_IMG_1456188970419.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 264
@Miss Muffet - Thank you for posting those photos of your exquisite garden!! You are a very talented gardener/designer. We have a little old deck that I would like to turn into a "veranda" (ahem- attention @Cynthia777 - remember we talked about "verandas" awhile ago?) So Muffet, your photos have given me some different ideas.

Hope you have a great weekend and continued good progress with your recovery! :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile: :wave:
 
@Readysetgo - thank you for those lovely compliments (blush)
Truthfully there's really very little talent involved. :whistle: These are just annual plants which I plant up in late spring. Provided they get enough sun and water they're pretty reliable. In fact I've been bimbling in the garden in the sunshine today doing just that. The planters are old recycled chimney pots and an olive oil pot which I painted grey. They are actually very heavy. I gave them a facelift and are now painted a pistachio green along with a bench and table and heaps of other pots. Later in the summer when everything had matured I'll pop up to date photos on here. Leftie is having a grumble so I have to stop and provide Mr M with instructions while he is busy building an outside kitchen. Roll on high summer:SUNsmile:
 
@Cynthia777 Visitors are always welcome! I'll have the coffee on and a jug of sweet tea (Southern hospitality!)

Yes... There are trout in there.... Good sized ones too! Hubby feeds them religiously so they'll stick around. We also love to go to the trout farm up the mountain. They raise the brown and rainbows there and they get huge!! It's fun to go catch your dinner and the owner will clean and filet them for $4.75 a pound. The grocery store frozen trout are $10.99 a lb!!! Easy choice! Fresh to your table in an hour :)

Granddaughter, Taylor with her cousins Sam and Chris at the trout farm last summer.

Can't wait to get my life back so I don't have to sit on the sidelines this summer!!! One more day!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
    FB_IMG_1462644728862.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 268
  • [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
    FB_IMG_1462644759019.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 228

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom