THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

@Jillie422 and @Cynthia777 - I'm jealous too. It really looks like heaven plus I love trout. We both fly fish and love the sport and the idea of bringing home supper is such a bonus. :realing:

Well, yes we do get plenty of rain which I suppose is where we get the line "Green and pleasant land" - but as far as the garden is concerned it's a mixture of warm and wet that makes things grow here. Have had a few days of gorgeous weather- today was lovely so was spent mostly outside and the next couple of days are promised to be good too (up in the 70s). I picture you with wall to wall sunshine all year - am I right?

I'm doing well thanks - over 7000 steps today, my personal best, and now wondering how I'll feel tomorrow
:chinstroke::unsure::sad:
I suppose until I try I won't know .....

Is all well over there and have you still got Mussolini on a firm lead still?! :hissy:
 
@Jillie422 - I have an free downloadable App on my iPhone mobile (which I wear on my arm with a strap bought from Amazon) and it counts as I move. It shows the daily number of steps plus distance - and also cumulative distance. Let me know if you'd like more info - happy to help
 
@Miss Muffet
Unfortunately sun is all we've had for several years now (California drought). We were all anticipating the El Nino this year, but it failed to move south and lingered up in Northern California. My daughter and I are true Pluviophiles (lovers of rain), so these dry years have wreaked havoc on us! :heehee:

PT Mussolini said I don't need any PT and released me. He said I'm doing better than 99.9% of his patients which is shocking because I'm still using my walker! My OS appointment is on Wednesday, so we will see what he has to say, but like I've said before, I'm not big on PT if one is progressing nicely (I think I'm right on track).

You're doing so good! 7,000 steps is great!
 
@Miss Muffet thats a real English Country Garden you have there, it's breathtaking!
The only way to have any sort of a garden here is to constantly water it.
The first picture is my grandsons standing on our deck back in 2013, when they last visited us.
Yesterday Mr and Mrs Canada Goose proudly paraded their four new babies around. Today two more geese arrived, and Mrs Goose is very unhappy !! To say the least She's been honking on and off all day since about 6:00am Hopefully the visitors will get her message soon. Mr and Mrs Duck on the other hand, have not brought out their babies yet. They nest here every summer.
The second picture is what makes up for the lack of gardens here - the wild flowers in the mountains very close to here.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
    image.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 233
  • [Bonesmart.org] Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips
    image.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 204
@Cynthia777 - you can't win 'em all can you. We pray for extended summers and you Pluviophiles (love that word) are busy rain dancing! It's commonly believed that cold damp weather makes OA feel worse, so imagine how you'd be if you weren't based over there..?
So Mussolini is impressed - well done you! Keep up the good work - don't forget my suggestion that Bridget needs to be turned into a garden ornament (personally I'd train runner beans up it) then parked in the corner come Christmas festooned with fairy lights (I will be asking for pics remember)
Are you not allowed to fully weightbear yet, or is it discomfort that prevents you?
@Simplieme - well all I can say is there's many reasons to have your breath taken away and your mountainside photo is gorgeous! Hubby is talking of a Grand Tour next year taking in Canada and US and our friends on that side of the pond have a wealth of fabulous experiences and views to soak up. He'll manage the itinerary but I think he'll have his work cut out. He's rather preoccupied with programmes about Alaska at the mo, but that seems sooooooo VAST it would suck up too much time. We do get visitations from your Canada geese when they pop over on their hols.

On another note - We over here are all so very very saddened to hear regular updates about the horrendous fires there sweeping through and destroying homes and creating havoc. It is heartbreaking to see footage of the destruction and feel so much sadness for our Canadian cousins.
 
Pluviophiles. I too am one.... And love that word!

@Simplieme - those mountains and wildflowers are just breathtaking! And ditto miss muffet with prayers for our Canadian cousins having to endure those horrendous fires. May they continue to find the strength to fight and recclaim their lives.??
 
Point made @Zelda! I've always known the U.K. receives a ton of rain, but wasn't sure if it holds true in all areas of the U.K. Of course the beautiful green landscape should have been a dead give away! :heehee:
 
@Miss Muffet @Jillie422 thank you for the comments about the photo. It's hard to do justice in a picture, the Rockies have a way of physically moving you which is hard to describe if you haven't been there. It calms the spirit (If that makes sense?)
Appreciate all the prayers for Fort Mac. There has been a little rain today. Reports say the fire is heading for Saskatchewan now
I love to listen to the rain, but I don't miss the cold and the mud that goes with it. Does that still make me a Pluviophile?
 
Hello friends - Our wi-fi is off for a couple of days as we have new flooring being laid. It will be the same tomorrow, so apologies in advance for radio silence.

Meanwhile I have a question which I wonder if either @Jaycey or @Josephine can help me with. I have a strange very sharp pain which has developed today on the inside of the thigh on my operated leg. It radiates upwards from approx half way up towards the groin. It is almost like an electric shock as it makes me jump when it happens right out of the blue, and is also tender to the touch. I had increased my walking and movement considerably over the weekend doing some light gardening and initially thought I had strained a muscle, but this feels more like a nerve pain. I hope I've not messed up.
 
Thanks @Cynthia777 - hope so. :friends:
I squeezed that post through last night when hubby hooked us up temporarily to wi-if to get mail, and it will be turned off again in an hour or. Normal service will resume I hope from tomorrow. :type:
 
WooHoo! Safely on the other side. Get some good rest and tell us all about it!
Good morning @Mscant - I think your message was for @Jillie422. It's no problem at all for me, but just so she gets your best wishes you'll need to post on her recovery thread. She'll be happy to hear from everyone. I'm going to be 'off air' for a while so if you need a hand one of the others might be able to advise should you need help. Or go to the Help &Info tab and how to use this site dropdown. Getting familiar with the BS site just takes a little while (I know, because I had some teething problems too). Hope you get a date soon for your hip
 
I had increased my walking and movement considerably over the weekend doing some light gardening and initially thought I had strained a muscle, but this feels more like a nerve pain.
Sounds like you have answered your own question. Still early days for you and if you increased your walking AND did gardening or any other chores you hip is telling you to slow down. Rest, ice and elevate. Let us know if this eases with rest.
 
you are coming up to what I call the one month slump!
@Jaycey - what you advised @gullimac is enlightening and slightly comforting. I really do feel I'm experiencing this. Operated side is no problem - just ever so slightly swollen. But am limping because Leftie grumbling and hurts so need to get back to using that stick I suppose. Seeing a beautifully healed scar maybe tricks me (and others) into thinking I'm all sorted out, but that's obviously not the case ...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom