THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

@PS46 - just doing s spot of editorial duty that's all. Or was just checking that your OS has not actually got a warped sense of humour :rotfl:
 
Wow that cake is awesome @missmuffet ! Was it delicious?


Candice, 29 yo. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Australia. Sequential unilateral THR June 1st 2016 and July 13th 2016 :)
 
Amazing cake...so cute!


RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
 
@Miss Muffet I've greatly enjoyed reading your recap of your experience :) Thank You So much! It was exactly as I envision my own experience to be this Friday and to have you validate it......well, I'm so grateful!

Hubby is worried, I know. Last night he asked if I was at all concerned about Friday. I said not really...I have a wealth of knowledge that is keeping me calm, thanks to bonesmart :) I invited him to look in on all the excellent articles and info available here.

So glad you're on the other side and happy!! :loveshwr:
 
@Miss Muffet the cake is awesome! What a kind and unique way of showing your appreciation to the nursing staff. I'm sure they enjoyed having you and your sense of humor with them for a few days. They probably deal with more than their fair share of curmudgeonry.:snork:. How is the new hip treating you? :spin:Rest well.
 
@Jillie422 - so glad it helped. I've had such wonderful support on here too and very shortly you'll be doing the same!:friends: You are wise to include your hubby. The more informed we are the better we are prepared. :reading:
@TriciaGP - thanks! So glad I did it. I was truly looked after by angels. :angel: They really want us to have a good experience so go to great lengths to ensure we are as comfortable as possible. Am about to post my update so stand well back and wait for news :type::type::type:
 
Hello folks. Well I returned home from hospital a week ago yesterday and thought I'd give you all an update from Muffetland. So stand well back .... Here goes

In a nutshell - we're jogging along smoothly. :walking: It took a few days to establish a routine and that involved a degree of communication that I hadn't really taken into account. Because I had boned up (appropriate expression?) to such a degree I felt mentally prepared, but that didn't guarantee that Mr M would be fully in tune with my requirements. So any hiccups were purely as a result of me needing to relay the fact that I had to have a regular routine which necessarily involved his support. Domestic harmony has been re-established - well we are at least good friends again, and have even rediscovered our mutual sense of humour which can get lost in the fog of osteoarthritis-ville.

Sleep dep was anticipated and seemingly cannot be dodged. However, for those of you following up the rear, my advice is don't let it get to you if at all possible. Have to hand books, mags, TV remote, iPod for music, at bedtime and if all of that fails then log in to Bonesmart - there's always someone in the world to chat to. Then nap whenever the mood takes you. :chillpill:

I'm moving around progressively better which is a great confidence builder. My lovely long zip scar is doing very nicely thanks. It gets papped every day by Mr M (well you have to have a hobby don't you?) and serves as a great reminder of its progress.
TOP TIP - The BS ice mantra is absolutely the business - I swear I wouldn't be in such a good place without it. :ice:

Had an outing for dinner with step daughter/son last evening. Just as well I feel so well healed otherwise I don't think I would have coped with a boisterous 2 year old charging around and wanting to clamber on to my knee. Granddaughter (7) then rather sweetly decided she was running a beauty salon and so me and Mr M needed to be treated to a makeover. She then hauled in her make-up bag.............

I was relieved to arrive home without being pulled over by the police. We looked a right pair. Me as an an over-the-top pantomime Dame with silver and purple eye make up, bright pink dots for blusher, and seagull eyebrows. Keith (6'2" Very Yorkshire) with every fingernail painted a different colour, and am happy to say bikini line intact.:yikes:. :bolt:

Keep smiling everyone - wherever you are on your Bonesmart journey - everything gets better.:friends::cheers:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Miss Muffet, good stuff, it sounds like you are doing really well. Great news!

Keep it up

I drove for the first time today and carer and I remained on speaking terms, which was a major plus and a tad surprising.

Best wishes
Peter
 
@PS46 - gosh, driving. .... Now that will be another hurdle. Think I've done well car travelling so far. Mr M fashioned a handsome step out of a reclaimed pallet which he stows in the boot of his Very High Vehicle .... I'm only 5'2" otherwise it's a bit of a haul for me. Works a treat and raises the odd smile in car parks. I have a low slung car and gaze at it wondering if, should be lucky enough to get into the thing, will I be there for the rest of my life ..?:driver:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom