Guest viewing is limited

THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

Your post is so well written and a beautiful testimony to what our goal is here on BoneSmart. Thank you so much for taking time to write it. It will help so many folks who feel exactly as you did at the beginning of the journey that changes lives.
 
@Miss Muffet wonderful post! I found myself nodding in agreement when walking the plank towards double thrs. We get a second chance with this surgery and are fortunate!

Bonesmart has been a great and reliable resource with amazing staff, the forum advisors have been very supportive too :yes:

I've enjoyed your upbeat posts and detailed accounts of your thr journey and wish you well with your shiny new hips :SUNsmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Miss Muffet !!!!! How wonderful to be 'cruising' the sight to see how things are going around here only to find one of my favorite and most supportive persons bringing everyone up-to-date!!!! Trust me folks, Miss Muffet is the voice of calm and reason, plus experience. ~ ~ You are doing so well and are a true testament to the goodness of what this surgery allows for those of us who have 'been there - done that'. I am 10 months post-op and back to golfing etc. tho my DH still thinks he needs to help me with things like carrying in the groceries, etc. ~ ~ so ~ ~ just to make him feel needed........I let him!

Keep up the great work and continue to have fun and enjoying life!
 
So great to see this wonderful post! As has been said before (often by me!), Jane has been a real inspiration on this journey though hip replacement. I took her excellent advice through my pre-op period and went into the procedure in a much calmer state of mind than I though possible. I have had a brilliant recovery and I felt that Jane was there holding my hand in the early days. Thank you so much @Miss Muffet - you are a star ⭐️!

Good to hear from you too @Nana2-8 - glad you are doing well. I plan to post on my thread on my 1st hip anniversary on 22nd June - can't believe it's nearly a year.
 
Thanks Miss Muffet - you said it good. I'm 6 weeks post op and desperately trying to be patient with my recovery. I wanted the surgery almost as soon as I knew that's where I was headed but had a year's wait for it. Now I need to read more threads like yours so I don't 'push the river'.
 
Lovely to read such a wonderful update Miss Muffet! I read your thread through from start to finish before my op and your sensible and comprehensive advice helped me enormously to prepare both mentally and physically. Your humorous comments also calmed me down and reassured me that the experience might not be as terrifying as I feared! Now at 11 weeks and getting there slowly but surely. Just hope that I will feel as joyful as you when I reach my one year anniversary!
Thanks for your encouragement and input,
Diane x
 
@Miss Muffet Look how far you have come. From frightened newbie to cruising on that shiny new bike. So happy you are enjoying life again. That's what it's all about. Take care my friend - and keep in touch!
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: RSC
@PS46 - Pete the Uke. So glad you're doing well. It's great to have this behind you, knowing that soon you'll literally be back on your feet and enjoying life as you should. Great news!
 
@Irish Joe - (blush) Very proud of you. You've done SO well and it is wonderful to see you paying forward that invaluable experience to other Doublers. :yes!:
 
Miss Muffet, I so enjoyed your update post that I forwarded it on to our corporate managers and CEO. They loved it as well and you may find your story being told over on our BoneSmart Facebook page one of these days!!
 
And thanks to the rest of you. I've recommended BoneSmart over and over to so many people. The whole process would not have been the same without the collective support.
In the past I've likened it to a sports day. There are some on the starting line, hopping around anxiously wondering if they'll make it to the finish, some at the tape cheering us on (because they've already finished), and some on the sidelines (friends/family) watching and hoping for the best.
We pass on the baton of what we've undergone and this pooling of experience, sensitivity to others' difficulties, ideas, humour all make this a truly special club.
 
@Miss Muffet - What a magnificent piece of writing (as always, but you've outdone yourself this time!) It will be a wonderful inspiration for those with upcoming surgeries. Love reading about you actively galavanting around with your new bones. I, too recommend BoneSmart to many and am ever so grateful for the support and information I received from it. All the best to you my friend!:happydance:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom