Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

@Mireille so glad it's not expected to spread and that you're mind is more at ease. :) 4 hrs running around? I couldn't do that on a good day with my hip before and I can't even stay awake--let alone moving for that long now. Sweet dreams to you my friend. Time for everything to heal. :console2:
 
Hi @Mireille
I'ts good to hear you have a firm diagnosis and treatment plan. Wonderful that it eased your mind also.
You survived a lot of activity today.
That calls for some serious rest and ice which I imagine sounds pretty good about now.
Hope your weekend is peaceful and relaxing!
 
Good morning @Mireille! Just thinking about you and wanted to see how you're doing. Is the infection clearing up? Are you having a busy weekend or are you managing to take it easy? Enjoy your day!
 
Hi @Mireille
Hope you caught up on some rest after all the excitement of Friday.
Wondering if the powder and creme are helping the rash....
Wishing you a great Sunday!
 
Hi everyone! After all the excitement of Friday, I have been resting as much as I can. It's been a busy weekend, my MIL and BIL are visiting from Chicago for the wake and funeral so it hasn't been easy.

The cream and powder have relieved some of the itching but I'm sure I have to give it more time for it to go away completely.

I still have my waterproof dressing that the OS will remove on Wednesday. I've started to itch under the tape and around the edges of the gauze. It drives me insane. I don't think it has anything to do with the fungus, the trash hasn't spread but I'm calling the home nurse tomorrow because I want it taken off now. Has anyone experienced this itching around the dressing almost 2 weeks later?

@hipster333 passing by your thread to check up on you.

@Layla Hope you're having a great weekend! I want to think you for always checking up on us I don't think you sleep:heehee:
 
@Mireille what a rough weekend you are having. :boohoo:It's a sad time for your family, plus additional guests while you are recuperating can't be easy. The cream and powder may take a few days to take effect. I haven't had any itching, but then I'm still getting a little bit of discharge and my waterproof bandage has been changed twice. Has your bandage been changed yet? Hope tonight is peaceful for you. :sleeep:
 
I'm hopeful things will settle down sooner than later. :angel:

My bandage hadn't been changed at all. As long as no discharge or water creeps in, I'm supposed to leave it on until OS removes it. :hissy:
 
Last edited:
Sorry you are dealing with this during recovery. It just shows the world goes on around us.

Glad rash isn’t spreading. I don’t have bandage, just durabond. I have been bothered by some of the tapes in the past. Hope they will remove it for you.
 
Aww, I'm sorry for the sadness that crept into your recovery. I hope this week
feels a bit brighter for you :console2:

I'm happy to hear the creme and powder are helping somewhat. Itching is the worst!
I don't recall if I had itching but I know a tape or something they used turned my skin bright red.
Must be some type of sensitivity I wasn't aware I had. When you think of all the strange things
that are ingested and absorbed into our system through this process, meds, injections, topical agents, adhesives it's amazing our bodies handle it so well. We're champs! :egypdance:
Hope this week is better than the last. A flower for you :flwrysmile:
@Mireille
 
@hipster333 I napped a lot today but I also was able to mop and dust since I had the house to myself. It took a lot of energy but I napped afterwards.

I don't have staples, I have glue but I see the OS Wednesday for my 2 week follow up. How are you? When did you go get them removed?

I hope you're having a good day!:loveshwr:
 
Mopping and dusting already @Mireille- very ambitious! I have handled basic clean out of liner box, trash bags dropped in garage, and dishwasher.

Glad I have glue instead of stitches or staples. No idea why docs decide on one over the other.

Restful evening.
 
@MammaT Really didn't want to do it but my OCD was kicking in and even though it was tiring, in the long run, it makes me feel more peaceful and relaxed. Go figure!

Yeah, I don't know why they do it differently but I'm glad I have glue too. It worked well on my knee.
 
@Mireille mopping and dusting oh my! I know what you mean about feeling better once a little bit is done. I try and do a little here and there when I can and limit myself to things I can reach (I've got the 90 degree rule). My staples come out on Thursday, which can not come soon enough--they are really bothering me today, which means everything else must be feeling better if I can nit-pick about the staples :wink:. Maybe because the anterior incision is shorter they don't need staples? Not sure. A little nervous about getting them out, but I've heard it's not bad. Anything exciting going on today? Do you still have your husband's family in town?
 
@hipster333 Happy 2weekversary to you too! :heehee:

You're so right, if staples or itching is the worst of our complaints, that's not too shabby. :rotfl:

Our company leaves today, it'll be nice to rest when I feel like it instead of "hosting".

I too have heard it's not bad when they take staples out, I'm sure you'll do well. I just want this itchy tape off my skin. I tried to get the home nurse you remove it but she's not allowed :groan:

The most exciting thing today was that we bought a new mattress with adjustable base. Hopefully this will help with my spine issues. Other than that, resting is as exciting as it gets. How are you doing?
 
@Mireille right now I'm feeling like a big chicken since I'm really the only one not using the cane. Just afraid of falling. :bignono: At least you'll get that bandage off tomorrow and you won't have to entertain anymore. :yahoo: Your new bed sounds awesome. I really hope it helps! Enjoy your peaceful evening!
 
The only time I ever had staples was after a c-section. Glad I'm never doing that again (the c-section) - recovering from THR has been so much easier! I don't remember having the staples taken out as being too painful or traumatic, though.
 
@hipster333 You are no chicken! You'll be using a cane or nothing when you're ready. You'll know when the time is right for you. I know first hand it sometimes may feel like "you're behind" but trust me, you're not. Everybody is different and there's no race.

Today I went outside with PT were practising walking without the cane and it was obvious my balance is not the same outside as it is inside. He quickly told me to use the cane, lol. The fear of falling is real so it's better to be safe than sorry. Slow and steady is the way to go. :running:

Enjoy your evening and lets rest and ice some more. I live in Florida but with all this icing i feel I'm preparing for Alaska :ice:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom