Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

@Mireille .... Wow, you have been through so much since I last talked with you! I'm so glad you connected with such a great surgeon and are on a great path to getting your life back again! You've been so strong through all this and now it's paying off.

Would you mind sharing the name of your surgeon with me? Please tag me when you post so I see it. These days we have so many people on the forum, I don't always get around to all the people I intend to follow and I definitely want to know how you're getting along.
 
@Jamie I've really had a great experience with my revision surgeon. His name is Andrew J. Cooper from Clearwater, FL. I went back to work this past Monday and feel great. I am so grateful to him and his team.

Thanks for checking up on me. Enjoy your evening!
 
So glad to hear you're doing so much better this time around - probably one of the few times in your life that you've been glad to go to work! Don't work too hard (after all, you need to save some energy for playing)!
 
Back to work! So wonderful to read how well you're doing @Mireille
Thankfully the detour is now behind you.
It helps you like and are grateful to your OS.
You're on your way! :yes!:
 
Great news hippy chick.
You've come a long way baby!
:yes!:
 
Hello everyone, sorry I've been MIA. Adjusting to going back to work and general ADL's.

I had my 8 week follow up today. Found out my stem is rather long and I also have some screws. Forgot to ask to see the contraption. My hip is doing fantastically well. Im so happy.

I do however now have issues with my TKR. It seems to be turning in. I can fell it and people can tell when they see me walk. My hip revision surgeon also does knees and confirmed there is something wonky. We both agreed to wait 4 months, I'll be 6 months out from this ordeal, to start investigating deeper. Said it may be the ligaments. This of course is depending how I feel during these 4 months of waiting. Not happy about that but oh well, what can I do. Best case, arthroscopy, worst case, TKR revision. Can't handle that anytime soon.

Other than that, feeling great and happy to be able to walk, let alone with no aids. Hugs to all!
 
So good to hear you are doing well and are happy and hopeful !

I'm screwy too..on one side.
Have a great weekend @Mireille :happydance:
 
Hi there,
So nice to hear how well you're doing.
I'm sorry to hear about your knee. I hope you're able to hold off for a while longer.
You deserve a break. :yes:
Have a great weekend!
@Mireille
 
:wave:wonder woman!
Hope all is going well and knee is not stressing you too much.
Hope your weekend is wonderful!:angel:
 
Hi Mireille,
Stopping by to say Hi and see how you're doing.
Leave us an update next time you're around.
Would love to hear of your progress after all you've been through.
Warm wishes for a great holiday season and a happy, healthy 2019!
@Mireille
 
@Layla Hi, I hope you're enjoying the holiday season! I've been so busy with work. I feel they're making me make up for lost time, ha,ha.

My 5 month old hip is doing fantastic! It really doesn't bother me at all. I'm so relieved and happy with the outcome!

My RTKR is another story, something is definitely wrong and I will need either an arthroscopic or a revision. Hope to find out on Jan. 15th when I see my OS. It's turning in and I've lost some of my ROM. The worst part is that it's painful. I don't plan on having any surgery until I can't take it no more.

Aside from that, I'm well and going on with my life as usual. Pain doesn't stop me or I wouldn't get out of bed.:rotfl:

Have a wonderful Christmas and very happy and healthy New Year!
 
Hate that you still have pain.
Wishing you comfort.. keep the faith.
:merry christmas:
 
:wave:The holidays are always crazy busy at work up until I get a day or two off. Today is back on and I'm glad it will be a short week!
Please let us know what you find about your knee...:yes:
 
Aww, Mireille I'm sorry to read about your knee. I hope whatever it is, it's not as serious as a revision.
You've been through so much. Hopefully you'll find out exactly what you're dealing with in a couple weeks.
Please let us know how your appt goes. Until then, wishing you comfort.
@Mireille
 
Me too! :hi:
How's your right knee doing?
@Mireille
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom