Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

@Walkinginthesand That's wonderful! :roseshwr:Even after all this time I look forward to growing older with him. (even if I have to hold him hostage) :loll:

@hipster333 Ha,ha... I think our significant others need a "spousemart" to receive encouragement and support when dealing with us bonesmarties :rotfl:

Our oldest son is 26 and lives on his own and our youngest is 24 with no sign of ever leaving :flabber: They are both very helpful, especially the youngest. He's put on my socks, made some meals. Ha,ha... maybe after enough joint replacements he'll decide to venture on his own, ha,ha

Yeah, you'd think I'd have cleaned the room where the actual bed is going but it didn't occur to me that they may want to take a nap after putting it together, hmm... oversight on my part

Have a great day!
 
Last edited:
New bed day.....Yahoo! Hope you like it right off the bat.
Was wondering if you were suffering any ill effects from the cleaning spree yesterday...
Wonder Woman you are! I don't think I attempted any cleaning that early.
Hope the rest of your weekend is great and your new bed comfy, cozy!
@Mireille
 
@Layla Thank goodness, no ill effects just normal tiredness and soreness. The new bed arrived and I love my adjustable base and mattress. I'm resting right now with my head and legs levated while icing. This is going to help with all my other arthritic joints.

Thanks Layla, have a great weekend!
 
Hi @Mireille
Awesome! Glad you like the new bed and I bet it will help other arthritic joints.
This will be you tomorrow > :alarm: You won't want to get out of the new warm cozy bed.
You can beat the clock with your grabber :heehee:

Sweet Dreams! :yawn: :sleep:
 
Yay it's finally here! And I bet the delivery men didn't even have to use the bathroom. :rotfl: That's awesome that both the top and bottom adjust! Your boys sound like good kids helping you out when you need it. You did a good job raising them. "Spousemart"is a great idea--I think you've got something there. :giggle: Sweet dreams in your new bed! :sleep:
 
@Layla Hi again, the OS took my dressing off but left a surgical tape (looks like mesh and it's see through), that would just fall off. He said if it started to fall off a lot, I could just peel it off during a shower. I'm sure it's not ready to be peeled off but it has been itching around the perimeter pretty much all the time. Now there's a bumpy rash all around the edges and it is itching so mad thday i want to claw off my skin. I've been putting calamine lotion around the edges but nothing sends to help. Should I be concerned? I've never had this problem before with any surgical tape or steri strips. It's driving me cuckoo :flabber::dubious::bawl:
 
Hi @Mireille
By your description I think I had the same type of tape as you. Clear mesh is exactly how I'd describe what I had. My first post op visit was exactly three weeks after my surgery. A nurse pulled mine off at my appointment
and I recall it didn't hurt when she removed it. It almost sounds like you could have an irritation from the tape. Judging by the location of the rash, is that what it seems like to you?

Personally, I wouldn't put Calamine lotion on the rash. I'm sure your incision is closed but I still wouldn't take the chance. If it were me I'd call the office of the OS in the morning and speak with whoever is on call. They should be able to direct you. Were you advised you can shower with it and get soap on and around it?
@Mireille
 
@Layla Yes, that's exactly what it feels like, a bumpy rash. OS said i could bathe, use soap or lotion and I could pull it off myself when it got loose. The edges are loose but it sends pretty sick whwnn I tried to pull it off. I put some Nivea lotion around the edges to ease some of the itching. I'm going to call tomorrow. Thanks!
 
One thing you could try....while in the shower, gently and generously soap up the area, tape included, with liquid bath soap, then turn away from the showerhead for awhile and see if the soap helps loosen the tape enough that it falls off, or so you can gently remove it. Because it sounds like it could be an irritation from the tape, removing it may be solve the problem.
 
Stopping by to say :hi:
Doing a rash check in :heehee:
Wondering how the initial one is that you've been applying the powder and creme to?
Also the new one around the tape.....hopefully both improving...
Hope your Sunday is great! @Mireille
 
Good morning @Mireille. So sad you’ve been having a rough time since I last checked in. :( how are the rashes doing? Were you able to get a hold of OS? Sending hugs your way!
 
hipster333, Layla I haven't called OS. I'm going to give it until tomorrow and see how it is. I managed to gently peel off the tape in the shower, thanks for the great suggestion Layla. I really don't like how it looks, I may be paranoid. The little red bumps are from the rash.

[Bonesmart.org] Mireille's New Hip<
 
Your poor incision. :boohoo: It looks very angry right now. I would have your OS take a look just to ease your mind, but like @Layla said it may just be reacting to the tape. Are you moving around ok today?
 
Many people have reactions to the adhesive on bandages. Have you had this reaction before?
 
Hi @Mireille
Since you have such a great pic let's have @Josephine weigh in.
I've just tagged her for you. We'll see if she advises a visit to your OS tomorrow.
Hope your Sunday is great so far!
 
I wondered if you were allergic to tape also. My mom was and always had to be sure they used cloth tape. Let us know what OS says. Does it itch?
 
Your wound is perfectly okay, Mireille. It's just been closed rather untidily and you've had a bit of a skin reaction to the adehsive. Not only that, but there is a lot of the adhesive from the dressing left on your skin which needs to come off. But it will all settle in time, so don't worry about it. I've seen a lot worse!
 
@hipster333 Hi there, it actually looks worse than what if feels. I'm moving around well, cane for outdoors but nothing in the house. I can finally put socks on and pick up things from the floor with mild discomfort. I hope you're having a good weekend. How's the cane going?

@Jaycey @Walkinginthesand Hi, I hippie you're having a good evening, This is the first time I've ever had a reaction to tape. I've had, unfortunately, over 15 surgeries in the last 10 years and this is a first for me. It was itching horribly, it took everything I had not to scratch my skin off,lol. Now that it's off, it's a lot better. The bumps still itch but not too bad.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom