Hip Infection Mireille's New Hip<

@Mireille you are doing amazingly well. The next time I need a THR hopefully my OS will be doing anterior. Just make sure you don't push yourself too hard. Have a wonderful evening and a comfortable sleep. :sleep:

Wow @Mireille, I am very impressed with your mobility. I also had anterior. I’m going to attribute mobility difference to me being 18 years older than you (whether it makes a difference or not, just let it be so in my world). However, we will end up at same goal. I am almost to the Tylenol level but not quite. Not too concerned about that at this point.

You are correct about not rushing and listening.

Thanks for the update @Mireille
Sounds like you're doing great, really making progress!
Hope you're sleeping well at night and maybe even sneaking in some naps.
Best wishes for a relaxing weekend as you continue healing!

Glad to hear you are taking your time with it. You sound well....hope your weekend is peaceful and easy.

Hello everyone, so it seems I have developed a skin yeast infection around my groin (not vaginal, sorry if TMI) area. It itches like crazy. I've left a message for the surgeon. The nurse home visit is today. Should this be worrisome? I'm a little paranoid that it will spread to my incision. :beg:

Aww, I'm sorry. Try not to worry. I'm sure you'll hear from your OS or one of his care team soon.
You can have the nurse check it also.

Consider purchasing a good Pro-biotic if you're not taking one already.
I've read many times, and encourage you to research it yourself, that candida (most common form of yeast) can be a side effect of anti-biotics which we all ingest through this process.
I'm sorry....I'm sure the itching is maddening. Please keep us posted, hope you find relief soon!
@Mireille

@hipster333 Thanks! My back is still giving me grief but I'm managing :tantrum2:How are you holding up?

@Layla Heard from OS, they're trying to get me to see a dermatologist today because it's so close to the incision that it could possibly spread to my prosthesis and/or incision. Geez, trying hard not to get paranoid :gaah:. I'm waiting for a call back. I'll let you know what they say once I get seen.

Thinking of you @Mireille.:prayer: Keep us posted. Feeling a bit better today. Switching between ice and heat on the back is helping--with pillow under the knees.

@hipster333 I'm glad that's working for you. That's a great idea, I'm gung to try heat on my back instead of ice.

I'm heading to the dermatologist now.

@hipster333 Just got back. It's a fungal infection. They gave me a powder for the morning and a cream for the evening. She told me not to worry and just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't spread further or to other areas. Unless it gets worse or spreads, i don't have to see her for a couple of weeks. I fel more ast ease.
My post op appointment is next week so at least the OS will be checking my incision.

BTW, I'm exhausted. On the way back, stopped at the bank, store and pharmacy. Got in and out of the car 4 times in 4 hours. This confirms it, not ready for all that. I took a pill and laying down with ice.

Glad they got you started on something for the fungal infection- don’t blame you for being aggressive with that.

I bet you are exhausted-that’s a lot of running this soon. My trip to doctor to pick up script and then pt did me in. Ended up with visitors basically all day. First time since surgery no nap, so I guess it’s good I could stay awake? May be early night time for me.

Hope you get rested up @Mireille.

Get some cotton boxers and keep it breezy....hope all clears up very soon. Aaarggh. Like you needed another something to deal with.
Don't get Heat on it...stay way back on back.

I'm surprised they didn't give you an oral antifungal as well. Hopefully this clears it up quickly though.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Mahaan98
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom